Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Romance > The Siren and the Cabin Boy [MxF]

New Reply

Started by JoyfulDemon01 , Jan 28th 2022 15:31

JoyfulDemon01 - Jan 28th 2022 15:31

Soon after the battle of Myrdia, the lands of Hejeathra had started developing in an industrial revolution, more and more kingdoms started taking to the seas as ports expanded, more ships being built by the day. Hundreds of ships sailed the seas each day, and among them was the Sparrow, a recently built Artorian trading ship. It had one of the best crews in Hejeathra, among them Finn Reiley.

Finn was a great cook and the Cabin Boy of the Sparrow. The young man had snuck aboard the ship around a year ago to see new lands, when being discovered instead of throwing him overboard, the crew accepted him as one of their own, Finn becoming their Cabin Boy, tasked with practically anything that those that worked on the ship weren't. Of course, the seas had their own dangers.

As the traders of Hejeathra started migrating to the seas more and more, stories started spreading of singing that was heard, anyone who would hear it would simply be caught in a trance, jumping overboard and being killed by whoever sung. Of course, most sailors would simply pass this off as tall tales, but you knew that it was far from it.

Your kind has lived in the seas for centuries, living off of fish, using your voices to lure fish into traps, living under the seas in gigantic underwater fortresses. Of course, when ships took to the seas, all of you were confused, but you quickly adapted, realizing that most sailors had complex items that would make great tools, you used your voices to lure as many as you could into the sea, looting their ships and their bodies, before leaving them for dead.

Of course, Finn would be quite different.

---

Hey everyone, Joy here!

I was in a bit of a sea-shanty and pirate-y mood lately, so I thought I'd try to write something based on it.

A basic rundown of this prompt is that my character is a cabin boy aboard a ship that sails a bit too close to the misty areas of the seas, the crew being caught in your voice's grasp.

If you have any questions or want to try the prompt, pop me a request and a dm!

xoxo, Joy.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.