Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Romance > Of Ink and Dreams 1x1

New Reply

Started by mlox , Dec 15th 2021 16:45

mlox - Dec 15th 2021 16:45

We’re all familiar with the soulmate stories, but what if they were true…?

Before I get into my ideas here are a few things to note before approaching me! I write OC female main characters only (side characters will vary in gender and orientation) and will do both FxM and FxF but will not promise a romance (even in a soulmate story? If our characters don’t click, they don’t click! But maybe this is meant to be a friendship anyways…) I write multi para and expect that in return, third person too. I have more rules on my profile (please read before adding) but I wanted to share the above with you before you invest in these ideas. SOME ALSO MAY BE OF M*TU*E AND TRIGGERING TOPICS. Please keep in mind I will RP 1*8+ stories including mental and gorish scenes.

: : : : : Not Everyone : : : : :

Soulmates are rare, and it is speculation over whether the bond is actually a soulmate or something else – a spiritual connection meant to be nothing more than friendship, a specific person who is meant to save you once but never to see you again, a flirtation with what could be, but no promise given. Even rarer is someone having two soulmates, more often it is a mistake in translation, the cues the same but meant to be for someone else. The worst kind of love to break. Soulmates can be marked in many ways. By pin pricks, flowers, words, dreams. So one knows what the differences are, just that it’s a part of life. Just as some are more fortunate than others, luck cannot be on everyone’s side.

1 –
Character A is afflicted with ink. They don’t know what the ink means, it doesn’t appear in words on their skin, at least nothing sensical, and there is no rhyme or reason to the designs. The only thing they have found is that the designs are easy to hide. They aren’t sure whether to be grateful or fearful of this.

– ideas for character A: domestic or self abuse, artist drawing/tattooing on their own skin, (I do have a preference for Character A but if you think you can do the idea justice I am willing to swap! I only say this because Character A is not a weak, small willed character despite their circumstances, and I do not want that to be confused!)

– ideas for meeting:
a) Character B has been in a few rough spots because of these inkings, bullied or what not because they are the only one with these inkings, and harbors ill feelings towards Character A because of this, until they realize Character A’s situation and it turns around. They can meet on accident by bumping into each other, or being in the same room, or wrong place right time. In any case, Character B takes it upon themselves to show Character A the beauty of the world, to give them a chance to escape.

b) A fantasy idea is that Character A is wealthy and Character B works for one of the wealthy families, with a strong dislike of them. With any of the same ideas as above, once Character B finds out A is their soulmate, they attribute it to the fact that Character A gets poked and prodded a lot which is why Character B feels no sympathy at first, but learns better after.

c) Another idea for these scenarios is Character C. Characters A and B are in a relationship, they are soul mates, their skin inked from the other's pain, but what causes them pain is themselves. Whether the relationship is toxic or just not right, it’s an example of soulmates not really meaning a romantic pair. Perhaps they were meant for something different, something more, but that’s been destroyed. Character C, however, might be the savior (either for A or B, getting the one out of the toxic relation or just getting one to a happier place). In any case it’s up to Character C to show the other Character the beauty in the world again, and to prove that the soulmate gambit is a sham.

2 -
Once upon a dream. Character B has never remembered their dreams. They were always too fuzzy, or nothing at all. This wasn’t too much of a worry, not dreaming wasn’t terribly uncommon as it was inconvenient. Character A, however, had a better recollection of their dreams. And one common characteristic with a good many of them is Character B.

a) strangers, they end up in the same place for the first time. At first, they are caught off guard by how familiar the other looks. But then Character A realizes why they look so familiar, they remember them from their dreams and it’s like they’ve always known them. Character B, however, has no idea who Character A is, just has a faint recollection that they’ve met before. Perhaps eventually character B will start to remember, perhaps the block on their dreams will fall away and they can see. But until then, Character A doesn’t want to make a big deal out of something that might be nothing.

b) The dreams didn’t start until after they met each other. And when they did start, it was as if Character B was living two separate lives. Character A learned all about them in their sleep as they went on adventures, but at first, when they asked Character B about their dreams the next day, B had no clue what A was talking about.

Those are my ideas. I will also add that I absolutely adore fantasy so if we can work these into a fantasy setting with a grand adventure, I would be incredibly grateful. Realistic I am a bit rough on the edges with, I tend to lose interest a little too quickly, but having the added fictional element will definitely help!

If you are interested in any of the above, please check out my rules, add, and message me with your ideas!

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.