Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Anime > Girls Und Panzer Roleplay!

New Reply

Started by BanditGamer77 , Jul 15th 2020 11:52

BanditGamer77 - Aug 1st 2020 13:53

The sounds of clanking, banging and ringing could be heard throughout the workshop area..though surprisingly very far at the back..towards the north facing section of the school, which was the furthest out workshop of the lot. The doors were wide open to get inside this rear workshop..but then again, it was doubted that anyone would be awake at this hour..oh how people were wrong.

Chika paused by one of the open doors, poking her head round the edge a little to try and see into the workshop. There, it seemed were 3 people working away. One was clearly Kasumi, who had a large protective mask on her, welding metal it seemed. The second, surprisingly was Nina of all people, the loader for Pravda's resident KV-2, who looked to be working on some de-rusting work on some panels, as well as cleaning gauges and levers it looked, most likely operating equipment for the tank. Lastly, there was Shino, in some sweat pants and a tank top, working on some metal fabrication. That of course wasn't the important thing...what was important was the vehicle in the background

Behind where Nina was working, there was a large vehicle, clearly of course a tank, though missing it's barrel. It had been removed for repair it seemed. The tank in the background had a very distinctive shape, one which Chika could identify instantly. ''...It's an ISU..judging from the design of the gun manlet , a 152. Uses a 152 Howitzer cannon. High powered deadly weapon..but not very unique, I've heard Pravda already uses these.'' Nozomi raised an eyebrow a little before whispering, ''If it's just an ISU..then why is the whole restoration of it being kept as such a...secret'' she trained off before she pointed just off to the left of the tank, to which many others turned their heads straight towards.

Just beside of the tank itself, was a long cylinder, mounted atop some stands, clearly for repair. This cylinder was clearly a gun barrel..and yet something was very off about it..it's length. Normal ISU 152's had rather short barrels, with an integrated muzzle break by the tip. However this cannon barrel was far, FAR longer than any normal ISU 152 Barrel. To go with it, an absurdly large muzzle break was mounted on the barrel's tip, adding even more length to the already huge cannon. ''..What in the hell is that..gun'' whispered Nozomi. It was clear the gun and tank were related, but such an absurdly large cannon didn't make much sense on a mobile design like the ISU 152, a tank designed for close range assaults and blowing open enemy bunkers, It just seemed..so off. None the less, most of the students, remaining silent of course were very much intrigued by this oddity.

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Aug 1st 2020 17:18

"Is that...an BL-10 gun? I've seen this stuff before, but only in World of Tanks...before they replace it anyway. I think there was an actual project to mount this thing on ISU-152, but was cancelled due to it being impractical or something..." Yulia said in amazement. "Kasumi must be seriously rich to be able to get her hand on this thing. No wonder she can bypass procedures."

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Aug 1st 2020 18:57

''She's not rich at all. Matter of fact, she's a very respectful person, unlike you lot'' came a stern voice from behind the girls. They all froze. While they had been looking at the tank, Shino had noticed the girls, now having gone around a back entrance and confronting them from behind. They all would turn..slowly to face her, some looking worried, others putting on fake smiles to try cover up there fear. Shino was not someone you'd want to annoy. Getting on her bad side was a great mistake.

''Ahh..h..hey commander. Hi..there. W..well fancy meeting you here. Hoowwww are you doing??'' said Nozomi, trying to do the ''nicey nicey'' act. Shino just looked down at all of them for a moment before shaking her head a little. ''..You lot really are impatient, aren't you. You;d be all allowed to see this thing tomorrow for test firing..but I guess you just were to excited..or something like that.'' She sighed before rubbing her hair a little and continuing. ''I won't punish you lot..not this time. I'm not bothered to give out a detention, but Katyusha will know od this, so expect something from her. Anyways...since you lot are awake...I suppose you can have some questions answered. Though not by Kasumi herself. It's a sensitive subject for her.''

Shino then gestured for the girls to come away from the door, before she continued on talking. ''I heard someone say BL-10. Well your gun knowledge is good..but not good enough. That gun is the older BL-8 you see in there. The BL-10 was finished in development after World War II, so it's invalid. BL-8 however was developed and tested during December of 1944. As for the owner..Kasumi is, or I should say was a very poor person. Hell, only reason she got into the school is thanks to Nonna finding her. She was...stealing from the ship's workshop supplies at the last port we were stationed at. Apparently..her grandfather owned the tank after buying it from a scrapheap in Russia, back during the 80s. I mean, most old Soviet Object project tanks have like..unknown locations after there development was finished, so I wasn't surprised to find that that one lived on in a dump.''

''He apparently moved to Japan during the later 80s with the tank in tow..had intentions to restore it for Senshodo apparently. Hell he even got permission from the government to bring the tank over for that soul purpose. But he died before the project was finished. Kasumi;s family moved to Japan after the Soviet Union fell. Her mother and father then abandoned Kasumi not long after she was born, leading to her Grandmother taking her in. She's a bitch apparently, treated her like sh*t. She's been wanting to leave and find a place where she fits in for ages, as well as restore that dam tank. Now..it seems that dream for her is coming true.''

It was indeed a very crazy story, but none the less, it meant Pravda got a new tank, which was always acceptable.

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Aug 1st 2020 19:38

“Well, the BL-10 was tested in August 1944 but, sure, it’s kinda hard to tell just by the look of the gun” Yulia said, scratching her face. “So, what’s going to happen now?”

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Aug 1st 2020 20:00

((Just gonna say, last I checked, the BL-10 was finished after WW2. I'm unsure myself tbh since a lot of stuff on those Object tanks (246 and 247) is sort of hard to find, but the only good source I found said it was from after WW2. Again, no clue for sure.))

''Well..one, you'll all report early tomorrow at the firing range, as we will be doing some target practice, plus something extra. Secondly, you lot better all go head to bed. Go on, shoo, before I get Nonna up to scold you lot. Trust me, disturbing her at night...is not fun. Anyway's, go on, off you go.'' With that, Shino went to the workshop doors, shutting them behind her, and locking them after. Most of the girls were stuck with awe, confusion and excitement at what was going on, and what things lay ahead for the Auxiliary's team, especially with this new tank on their side.

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Aug 2nd 2020 08:59

(The wikipedia page said “In August 1944 the BL-8 gun was replaced with the improved 152.4 mm BL-10 (БЛ-10) long-barreled gun, with a slightly shorter barrel of 7.392 metres. This vehicle gun was designated ISU-152-2 (ИСУ-152-2). The factory designation was Object 247 (Объект 247). ......In December 1944 the ISU-152-2 underwent trials, revealing the barrel strength and the angle of horizontal guidance were unsatisfactory.” Although it did not list a source for this part so it could be wrong)

Yulia waved goodbye to Klara and other girls before going back to her dorm. She isn’t exactly sure what to do, she don’t want to sleep yet, so she went to the balcony where several of her wet laundry are being hung to dry.

She lights up a cigarette with a clear klick sound from her Zippo, and took a deep breath of nicotine. She silently watched as the poisonous smoke ascend to the sky.

What a beautiful starry night out in the open seas, don’t usually get to see this much stars when you’re on land in the cities. She admires, and then inhales a chunk of tobaccos into her lung, held it in for a while before she exhales the white clouds.

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Aug 2nd 2020 10:40

''Hey'' came a familiar voice from close to Yulia. It was Nozomi, who to was restless, unable to properly sleep thanks to all of this..well events. She to had a cigarette in hand, having just lit it, standing beside Yulia as she too a puff herself.

''I am sort of wondering what this weird tank will have to offer for the school Will it even be any good'' she asked, taking another puff and yawning a little, glancing to Yulia.

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Aug 3rd 2020 02:59

“A tank and its crew has but one reason to exist. To maneuver the tank’s cannon to a position where it could do the most damage and feed it once it was there. The principal are the same.”

It feels hot when Yulia draw smoke into her lungs—it's air moving past a fire, after all. After she had the smoke into her mouth, she then take a breath, inhale air normally with the smoke.

“It’s ISU-152, it’s a beast killer. But it’s not a forgiving craft. An expert strong loader would load those 40kg weight round and the separate propellent by 3 rounds a minute, with newer crew, they’re lucky if they can load 1 round per minute without hurting themselves. Not to mention the low ammo capacity, I think an ISU-152 only carries 20 rounds at most, after that it takes 40 minutes to resupply. So, all and all I’m not sure if thats such a good idea to give newbies that vehicles. But, that’s her personal tank, she can do whatever with it.”

Heart this
0 likes

BanditGamer77 - Aug 3rd 2020 07:20

Nozomi sighed as she took another whiff of her cigarette and looked up to the stars. ''All I hope is there little group doesn't hold us back on the field. If they do..I won't be in any way happy about that. We need to have a reliable and dependable team. But if we end up having stragglers on the team, unable to keep up with all the events, I won;t be so sure about having such a powerful weapon at our disposable..if that tank even is powerful with that huge gun it has/. I mean such an absurdly long barrel really does not look at all..practical in any combat sitution...still, I don;t know, guess only time will tell.''

Nozomi took another puff before she yawned again. ''Ight, I'm gonna go get some sleep. See you at training tomorrow'' she said.''Or..shooting range stuff, whatever the commander wanted, I've forgotten already''

Heart this
0 likes

Jacky138 - Aug 4th 2020 12:18

“So it would seem” Yulia said as she snub out the cigarette and left “Good night, I could really use some sleep now.”

She had some weird dreams that night, but she can’t remember exactly what that was. Nonetheless, the next day after she practically day dreamed through all of her classes, she arrived at the training range just in time for the Senshado practice.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.