Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > Back in Town

New Reply

Started by mlox , Mar 31st 2020 18:08

mlox - Mar 31st 2020 18:08

Before you read, take a listen to the song Back in Town by Matt Dusk, in which this plot is inspired.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRub5zaHZs
Or don't, doesn't matter, but it helps set the vibe. Also, his voice is beautiful?

I don't have a specific plot, per se, I just have a general outline and I can offer a couple ideas, or you can come with your own! I do ask that you do have your own ideas, too, so that we can both contribute to the plot. There have been way too many times when I've built the entire plot only to have it fall through because of how one sided it was.

Outline:
My character (MC) and your character (YC) had dated years ago, until a messy break up involving YC leaving, looking for a better life. Fast forward a couple years, and YC comes back, expecting to reinsert themselves in MC's life again, as if nothing had happened. Or mabye even back to try and convince MC to come back and join YC.
1. they dated in high school, but then college came. They planned on going to the same college, but YC decided to pursue something different, promising to return. They go years without seeing each other... but the promise is kept.
2. they met in college, going as far as moving in with each other, when one day, YC gets a perfect opportunity. MC is supportive, but obviously doesn't want to move so far away (or change colleges for YC). YC leaves, and go their separate ways, living lives until YC reinserts into MC's life.

Ideas:
A) MC is in a relationship when YC returns and has to fight for MC. The relationship can be a bit toxic, to help add to plot, or just not really enough for MC, making MC consider YC again.
B) A TWIST: same plot as above, but YC is the character that MC is in a relationship with when this random person from her past shows up into her life, trying to get her back. Will YC trust in MC's love, or will jealousy play too big of a factor.
C) I don't like this idea, but don't have the energy to fix the lettering order.
D) YC comes back in MC's life, expecting to take her away, only to find that she is perfectly fine on her own, thriving, actually, with nothing for YC to offer, but that doesn't stop YC. It could be fun to combine this with idea B, too.
E) whatever you can come up with! Even if it has nothing to do with this plot or forum, I'd love to write anything with you! Be it romance, fantasy, medieval, sci-fi, crime. If you can even twist this plot to fit any other genre, you might just be my favorite.

That's all I've got for now.
I am open to MxF or FxF, just have an interesting character, please.
I am all over the place with length, from 1 para to 4 or 6. With heavy dialogue, I will not stretch myself to write several pages, but in scenes where there isn't action or talking, I can put on the layers. I don't want to go by a 'standard' length, I will write what the scene requires.
I will NOT set up the whole plot. I have given you this much, I expect you to come with some additions of your own, surpsie me even. But I want to make sure this is enjoyable for both of us.
I'm alright with m*tu*e themes, 1*8+.
This list is longer than I want it to be, but here we are anyways.
If you are interested, YOU add and YOU message me. Show some courage.
I think that's it, or at least all I can think of right now. I really just want to write a good story.

Edited Mar 31st 2020 22:08

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.