Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Romance > On Melancholy Hill

New Reply

Started by mlox , Jul 18th 2019 22:29

mlox - Jul 18th 2019 22:29

On Melancholy Hill

That’s where they met. A secret kept between the two. It was the only thing they could have together. Meeting was forbidden, but they needed to. So they did, ever since they were young. They had grown fonder and closer, meeting at dusk every third day, spending the last hours of light together, fantasizing, dreaming, talking, playing. The time grew shorter over the years, but they never missed a day, like clockwork. Time didn’t start until they were together again, and it didn’t continue after they left each other. But one couldn’t live forever like this. And so on Melancholy Hill they made another secret, one to be kept between the two of them, because if anyone found out about their plans to run away together, then the secret would be broken and their plans would crumble.

This is a versatile plot I thought of while listening to Melancholy Hill by Gorillaz. It can contain romance, or it can be pure friendship. Here are my genre-specific thoughts:

Fantasy:
- Human x human - Romeo and Juliet in a fantasy land, forbidden to be together, set to run away. May contain magic, or not, fantastical creatures, or just a realistic plot in a fantasy setting.
- Human x human - one of the characters has been betrothed (can be mine or yours, male or female), and in last ditch efforts, runs away to avoid marrying someone they don't even know, much less love.
- Human x magic-weilder (wizard/elf) - they aren’t allowed to be together, the law forbids it, so they run away where no one can stop them, and have an adventure along the way.

Supernatural:
- Human x ghost - only the human is able to see this ghost, a ghost that has lived on Melancholy Hill for hundreds of years. This ghost has been alone all those years, until they met this human. Their relationship is odd, but wholesome. Since the human was a child, they had visited the Hill and befriended the ghost, and they have grown close. Perhaps they don’t run away, but we can think of something that could make this more interesting. Perhaps the human offers to give up their life to spend eternity with the ghost?
- side note, I will not do werewolves. I see they are making a comeback recently and I am not on the wagon. You might be able to convince me into a human x vampire, but you’ll need a damn good story and writing style to back it up. I will absolutely not do werewolf, though. Sorry.

Realistic:
- Human x human - Romeo and Juliet of modern day (same as fantasy, just… modern). Difference in social ranking/class. Go to different schools. Families hate each other.
- Human x human - they met online, and they have never seen each other in person, but they feel like they have known each other forever. One day, they decide to meet up. This one will be difficult, and may be more of a one-liner story. We’ll need to go through some of their online talking before actually meeting, to get to know each other's characters. But it could still be interesting.

Sci-fi:
- Human x human - same as above, meeting online
- Human x human - they meet in a virtual reality, Melancholy Hill is a site where few go, and they are able to meet. Maybe they know each other irl, but can’t be seen together, so this is their escape, or maybe it’s the same plot as above. Either could be interesting.

I’m also open to ideas if you have any more.

Here’s about me, and what I am looking for:
- I write 2+ paragraphs, and I am literate. I may consider a one-liner story if we can keep it interesting and cute. But I am more interested in an in depth and interesting story.
- I will bring forth ideas and expect you to do the same. I may reject your ideas, and you can do so with mine. No hard feelings. If you can’t take/give criticism, don’t come to me.
- I enjoy a nice romance. But I need some plot sustenance. I take the story over the romance any day.
- Romantically, my characters are submissive, they will not take the first move, so if yours don’t, and you want romance, it won’t work between us. I don’t have any triggers, but let me know if you do. And I would really prefer my partner have a character that is interesting and fun to play with. I don’t want a boring and common place story.
- I play only females. I will make a new character for each of these plots I do. I can do MxF or FxF, though I prefer MxF.
- If you read through all of this, and you are interested, add and message me so that I know you really want to do this (don’t just comment/like, I will not friend you, and I will not be the first to message). If you haven’t read through all of this and are interested, I will know and will be disappointed when you don’t follow a rule.
- I can’t wait to write a story with you.

Edited May 21st 2020 10:29

Heart this
2 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.