Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Fantasy > The Four Symbols

New Reply

Started by Lizziejo , Apr 17th 2018 23:25

Lizziejo - Apr 17th 2018 23:25

Here are the grounds rules:

1.) Be literate (Grammar and Spelling included)
2.) No one liners (At least a paragraph 5 sentences)
3.) No god-mooing
4.) Try not to leave someone out, once there is an order try to stick with it unless something comes up
5.) Have fun

(Note some of this info is real and some I have made up for story purposes. (Ex: White Tiger is actually Autumn but I switched it to Winter to keep with color theme. I also highly encourage romance~)

The Four Symbols are four mythological creatures in the Chinese constellations. They are the Azure Dragon of the East, the Vermilion Bird (Phoenix) of the South, the White Tiger of the West, and the Black Turtle of the North. Each one of them represents a direction and a season, and each has its own individual characteristics and origins. Symbolically and as part of spiritual and religious belief, they have been culturally important in China, Korea, Vietnam, and Japan.

The Four Clans believe in these creatures, each one holding their name as their sigil of power. They all lived in harmony until a darkness came upon them, calling themselves the Fifth Clan. Their leader claiming to hold the power of the Yellow Dragon of the Center within him. A creature that was said to have died long ago after challenging the Azure Dragon for its spot in the sky. None of the other Clans believed in his words and were struck down by lightning. It has never been heard of for a mythological beast give its power to a human but this human beheld the Yellow Dragon's powers and named himself ruler of the Clans.

Centuries passed and the Yellow Dragon Clan have ruled. Though prophecy beholds that 4 children born in the same year, each during different seasons would find that they too have the power of the Four Beasts inside them.That they would come together to over throw the Fifth Clan's hold on their families clans and bring the world back to the way it way before.

Easy as it sounds, these children are found. Each having a distinct tattoo on their arms of their beast. They are brought together by their chiefs so that they may help each other grasp the use of their powers together. (As the power didn't appear until each turned 21) Though the Clans aren't as friendly now as they were back then. With the future of these 4 children unknown, will they help each other and save their people? Or will they fail to work together to fulfill the prophecy?

Azure Dragon of the East (Taken)
Element: Water
Season: Spring
Clan: First Clan (Blue)
Environment (So each has a different knowledge, disadvantages, childhood of each other): The bluish-grey water-logged soils of the East, village lies near a Great Lake whose rivers flow to each other clan.

Vermillion Bird of the South (Take )
Element: Fire
Season: Summer
Clan: Second Clan (Red)
Environment: The reddish iron-rich soils of the South, known for their clay art and pottery as well as spices.

White Tiger of the West (Taken)
Element: Air/Ice
Season: Winter
Clan: Third Clan (White)
Environment: The whitish tops of the Western mountains, gets snows annually and temperatures drop unpredictably. Known for their furs and clothing. River freezes over etc.

Black Turtle of the North (Taken)
Element: Earth/Rock/Nature
Season: Autumn
Clan: Fourth Clan (Black or Green)
Environment: The black organic-rich soils of the North, known for their weapons and way with taming animals.

(I will be playing them as well since they won’t be present for most of the time)

Yellow Dragon of the Center (Taken)
Element: Electricity/Lightning
Season: Random
Clan: Fifth Clan (Gold)
Environment: Little of each of the ones listened above. Known for their riches and jewelry. Most industrial. Note: lives in a great city and palace. Think medieval.

(My Oc will be the White Tiger descendant. Also feel free to get creative with each clan's customs and such, go wild. I hope the spots fill up if not I will let those who wish to make another OC)

Note: try to keep the gender equal so I’d prefer to have a mix of both)

Comment "Four" so I know you read everything

Edited Apr 18th 2018 12:19

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Apr 17th 2018 23:46

Name: Amelia Faust

Descendant: White Tiger

Personality: Like the place she grew up in, she's cold and distant. Quiet but not in a shy way, she talks in a clear manner and likes to listen rather than be heard. She is always calm, though she is only human and some things do set her off. Amelia holds all her feelings inside and refuses to let any weakness show. However she is very much yearning to make her people proud and to protect the ones she cares about.

Small Bio (on their feelings of being a descendant): She is honored to be bestowed the power of the White Tiger. She is willing to cooperate and train with the other descendants to save her people and free them.

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Apr 18th 2018 01:43

Accepted~))

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Apr 18th 2018 10:16

Accepted

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Apr 18th 2018 11:26

Accepted though I hope you read the bottom where you can be creative and as imaginative with your clans customs as you see fit! I will post a starter shortly))

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Apr 18th 2018 12:26

((Sorry for the shortness, in class and semi-distracted))

Amelia heard her chief clear her throat as they approached the meeting room. It was strange to see all the clans gathered in one place, distinguished by the colors that they adorned. Herself dressed in a loose fitting white tunic. Elegant but easy enough to move in. It wasn’t what she would have chosen but the chief had insisted. It was sleeveless to show off her tiger tattoo, the tiger looking as if it were clinging to her arm protectively.

“I see you all have brought your pupil. Good then we can discuss with them their regiment later. Introduce them.” The White Tiger chief held an arm out to Amelia which made her look down at the floor. “This is Amelia Faust. The White Tiger Descendant.”

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.