Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > City Living , Or is it?

New Reply

Started by Unfriend-Me , May 17th 2023 11:21

Unfriend-Me - May 17th 2023 11:21

Its early morning, you can hear the faint sound of birds chirping out the window. Kay looks over at her phone, “4:45 am Tuesday” It reads. Kay is a 20 year old, living in a crappy one bedroom apartment in Cobble Hill, New York with her cat Binks. She rolls out of bed, giving her cat a pet on the way. “Did you sleep well B” She softly says as she yawns, stretching on the bed. Kay gets up and walks to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Daytime she’s working her part time gig at the coffee shop, but night time she’s a dancer named “Honey”

Kay walks into the shop, on the wall reads “The Daily Grind”. She makes her way into the manager’s office, placing down her things and checking over notes and emails from the last few days. Her employees arrive, and soon after the customers strangle in. The Daily Grind is a small local coffee shop, the owner is Mike, Then there’s 3 employees; Kay, James and Noel.

*The Expresso Machine Hisses*

“Yesterday was rough, I ended up leaving here an hour late and came out to a flat tire” As Noel finishes a Latte. “Thank you! Have a great grind!” She says enthusiastic.

Kay makes her way from the back, restocking the counter supplies she looks over at Noel “Well I’m glad that it was just a nail! Having to buy a new tire would suck right now!” As she’s wiping down the counters she hears the doorbell ring, “Welcome to The Daily Grind” Noel says cheerfully.

* Open to making changes and expanding on the story, just trying to give a idea of how I write*

Heart this
2 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.