Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Romance > political romance (F x any)

New Reply

Started by AllBarkNoWrite , Oct 15th 2023 20:18

AllBarkNoWrite - Oct 15th 2023 20:18

|| Hello! I've been inactive for a while, but I'm just getting back into it and want a bunch of new stories to write! Even if there are replies or likes on the post, feel free to reach out! I have several other plots on my profile as well if this one doesn't tickle your fancy, but you want a literate female to write long-term stories with you!! I'll probably want to play Character A in this one. ||

This is 18th Century royal Europe, a time of ball dances, counts, and countesses, new ideas floating from France into the rest of the courts of Europe. A time of gold and silk transported from faraway countries, and new unbridled riches in the Eastern kingdoms. Character A is part of that life, albeit, on the outskirts of that life. She grew up as a child in the court when her mother and father found favor with the Emporer of (Whatever), with titles of Count and Countess. However, her father made a mistake in court and they were stripped of their titles, with Character A taking the fall for them and becoming a handmaiden in the palace. Character B, a friend they'd grown up with since childhood in the palace and on their estates, continued to grow up in power and wealth and eventually became a close confidant with the new Emporer of (Whatever) after his father died and he rose to the throne. With times changing and new ideas transforming everyone's minds about royalty, Character A grows cynical about the idea of being a handmaiden to a tyrannical force and starts to plot a coup. But before she can gather support, she's placed as the maiden to Character B, an old friend, and their new partner. She has to wrangle with her political ideas and her love for Character B (and jealousy of their partner). Character B has to wrangle with their need for status and their love for a simple maid.

Will it turn into political rivalry or allyship? Will their love be kept a secret affair or can B convince the emporer?

If it's F x F, they can also totally struggle with how taboo lesbianism was at the time!!

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.