Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Romance > Red String of Fate (Group Romance)

New Reply

Started by Lizziejo , Aug 19th 2018 20:11
Previous12Next

Lizziejo - Aug 19th 2018 20:11

The Red String (or Thread) of Fate is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese and Korean culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmate.

I, as a hopeless romantic, have loved this concept for as long as I can remember. Yet I have never really seen a RP about this and so I thought I’d put the idea forth as a group romance forum. That and I haven’t seen an RP that plans out pairings from the beginning like this one will. I’ve come up with a few scenarios that could create drama but hopefully result in happy couples by the end. Muse A will be my character, sorry in advance if it interests you.

(Note: Everyone else in the world cannot see the strings nor know they exist. Our cast or should I say the ones I’ve laid out to be taken are special to be able to see these threads or lack there of. So it should be treated as a secret. That and their red strings will be like it is seen in Japan and Korea, wrapped around their pinky finger.)

Muse A: Can see everyone else’s strings except their own.
Muse B: Can only see their own string.
Muse C: Cannot see any strings.
Muse D: Can see everyone’s strings, including their own.

String Pairings:
Muse A x Muse B
Muse C x Muse D

With this I feel would be the most sense given that no one will outwardly be able to know that both are supposed to be together. Here are two scenarios I thought of with this set up:

1) They all grew up together as childhood friends and didn’t know what the strings meant (or lack there of) until later on. But by then, high school rolls around and the crew have parted ways. [Story begins]

2) Apartment complex they all share. All the men are close friends while the same on the girls end, decide to all, get together for a drink. This is where they’ll all get aquatinted and [Story begins]

When filling out the character sheet at the end of your post, Add “1” or “2” for which sounds better or just include your own idea. I myself prefer 2. But first...

Rules:
• Literacy. Please know your Grammer and punctuation. No text talk and write AT LEAST five sentences.
• I’ve seen some people use the wrong tense? “...” she says and walks to the bed. vs “...” she said and walked over to the bed. Please don’t use the first one.
• Romance is encouraged. I mean duh. Spice it up, add drama, but take the sm*t to dm's. None of us want to sit through it, sorry.
• No Marys or Garys
• Have fun

Character Sheet:

Muse: (B, C, D)

Name:

Nick Name(s):

Height:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Sexuality: (Should match your partner since it’s “fate”)

Personality (Optional):

Bio (Optional):

(Feel free to make things complicated but just keep in mind who your “partner” will be or is. Ex: Muse B already is dating someone because they can’t/don’t know about their soulmate.)

Edited Feb 19th 2019 21:05

Heart this
1 like

Lizziejo - Aug 19th 2018 20:13

Storyline: 2

Muse: A

Name: Ricki DeSoto

Nick Name(s): Key

Height: 5’6

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Blue

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality (Optional): Ricki isn’t the type of girl to set herself out from the crowd. She likes to be in her own space and distance herself from large social circles at all cost. With maybe one or two friends, Ricki is comfortable not being the center of attention. Though occasionally wishing she was the type of girl who could flirt and put herself out into the dating world. Ricki is innocent in a sense to relationships romantically, finding more often than not that she is indeed a hopeless romantic at heart. Finding that with her ability to see other’s strings, she can watch people experience happiness that she in turn cannot find herself.

Ricki has always been an open book, all her emotions clearly written on her face. This along with her playful teasing and light-hearted mannerism, she usually finds no trouble in being outwardly friendly to strangers to make others feel comfortable around her. This is quickly dimished however if the spotlight is set on her, clearly not used to attention.

Face Claim: Emily Rudd

//I will add as I go along//

Edited Aug 25th 2018 23:52

Heart this
1 like

Lizziejo - Aug 20th 2018 00:07

((Accepted but please read everything like where I asked for there to be a comment of “1” or “2” for the setting of the story.))

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 24th 2018 02:02

((Bump))

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 25th 2018 13:07

((Accepted))

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 25th 2018 19:42

((Sure thing))

Heart this
0 likes

beautifulnightmares - Aug 25th 2018 22:39

(Is there still anyway I could join?)

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 25th 2018 23:12

((There is. You could join immediately and then if another person wants to join later that would give you a partner perhaps since the last spots are Muse E who have no strings aka no soulmates))

Heart this
0 likes

beautifulnightmares - Aug 25th 2018 23:16

((Alright, I see. I’ll do Muse E who has no soulmate. I’ll write up a character sheet ASAP.))

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 25th 2018 23:37

((After all we need another vote for which scenario we start off with))

Heart this
0 likes

Previous12Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.