Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Help and Support > Why did my messages get pruned?

New Reply

Started by Gunslinger , Aug 13th 2018 11:33

Gunslinger - Aug 13th 2018 11:33

Hey, this is pretty upsetting. I had quite a bit of messages on this account and suddenly multiple pages worth of them are gone. To make matters worse, it seems like my friends didn't remove themselves from my friends list, nor are they removed from the site. They're still here. They didn't change their names either.

This happened with some of my other accounts as well.

Heart this
1 like

Gunslinger - Aug 13th 2018 12:10

I'm so utterly frustrated right now. I've spent months writing stuff across multiple accounts; stuff that could practically be considered an anthology of short stories -- all deleted. Why can't I trust the site that I spend hours writing on to save my messages at the very least?

No roleplay site should have auto-deleting messages.

At the very least, have an integrated option to save our conversations as basic HTML. That way, we wouldn't have to rely on RP.ME's servers and whatever auto-deletion policy they have.

If it's unfeasible to run the website and keep messages around permanently, then maybe you can have a system warn us about conversations that are at risk of being deleted?

@roleplay

Heart this
0 likes

Gunslinger - Aug 14th 2018 10:50

Well, I got my response from contacting support here, they do a good job of responding quick. Turns out my messages /cannot/ be retrieved.

Let it be a lesson and don't leave conversations hanging around for over six months.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.