Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Introductions > This is a thing? [Do people even read these?]

New Reply

Started by NotTooSweet , Apr 25th 2023 05:21

NotTooSweet - Apr 25th 2023 05:21

Hello there mortal~

New to site, or should I call it a "cesspool"? Really, though I have managed to find a few worthwhile individuals, and hope to encounter more! I am more than happy to just chat with pleasant people, sensible individuals. Those possessing some semblance of decorum and commonsense are preferable. After years of roleplay I have come to terms with the fact that my adventurous experimentalist preferences aren't for everyone, so I tend to set my bar of expectations at whatever my partners are comfortable with.

While I do prefer darker delves, I also enjoy exploring coping mechanisms. [TBH the big draw to RP for me is just how cathartic it is. It has helped me a lot with coming to terms with IRL stuff that is beyond my control.] My preference for a story is to be well detailed and provoke some thought. As good as "candy" may be, it is not a main course.

It has been amazing, jaw dropping really, just positively staggering the number of people who seem to be under the impression that N*FW and Adult Themes are only sex, that triggers are only violence or generally offensive topics and situations. If you are an individual who understands there is more to it than /that/, I would probably enjoy chatting with you.

Now, I would warn against any minors engaging with me, for the simple fact that I have no filter. I am brash and can come across as rude and often say inappropriate things and overshare. [If you are thinking to yourself, "Well gee, wonder if this wackado is on the spectrum -". WELL, Have I got news for you. I am. Words, writing, RP, these are my hyperfixation. There is purpose, rules and I know what to expect - or, what /should/ be expected. The decline of literacy has not done well for my mind.]

Think that'll be all for now. Ta-ta.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.