Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Fantasy > The Longest Journey

New Reply

Started by REMRoleplay , Oct 4th 2019 05:35

REMRoleplay - Oct 4th 2019 05:35

"Iceland or Anywhere" That's what they always said. What they always agreed on, ever since being banished from their own home. Now they would fulfill their plan.

Astrid Gormsdottir, a young Shield Maiden and princess, banished from her kingdom in Jelling by her own brother. And Leif, a foreigner and would-be skald if he weren't too banished due to false accusations of murder. The two are best friends, travelers, companions, on their way to start their new lives in Iceland. But first, they must cross Sweden, Norway and the vast ocean before they reach their destination.

On their long journey they may come across friends, foes, loners and people of all types, all while avoiding the wraith of Haralt Bluetooth, ruler of the Danes and pursuer of the two outlaws.

---
-Based after the events of the brilliantly written books: 'The Stones of Winter' and 'The Wild Hunt' by Oskar Jensen. You don't have to know the books, just join the journey! :D I repeat, you DO NOT need to know the books to join. I will be playing Leif and UniDoof, my friend, will be Astrid. Anyone can join and make up someone the two come across throughout their journey. A loner, a traveler or even a pursuer, it's all up to you.
---

-Rules-
1. No god modding
2. No OP or perfect characters
3. No er*t*c roleplay
4. No controlling other's characters and play fairly
5. No swearing or very little
6. Romance is allowed but again, no er*t*c roleplay
7. Please don't have characters that are too similar to others. Use variety
8. Only one character each please. Don't want it to get too crowded. I will be playing NCPs, unless permission is granted
9. This is set in the 10th Century, please keep things time relevant

---Character Sheet--- (Note: Because this story has magic and elements of Norse Myth, you can be a mythical creature just no gods, goddesses or spirits and the creature must be able to communicate, so no animals please)

Name:
Personality:
Weapons and Equipment:
Backstory:
Appearance(Image or detailed description):

-Astrid and Leif Profiles-

-Name: Astrid Gormsdottir
Title: Shield Maiden and Princess of the Dane Mark (Denmark)
Personality: Astrid is very adventurous and active. She lives for battle and loves action. She also likes to be noticed and usually is, since she's the leader of the group. Astrid is a strong and firm commander though will often go to great lengths to get her way and can become rather angry. She's also very stubborn and impatient a lot of the time.

Weapons and Equipment: Astrid owns a sword which she stole from her brother, Haralt Bluetooth, who stole it from their father, Gorm the Old's grave who received it from Leif who had it from his father. It's a Toledo sword with Arabic writing etched into it. She also carries a smaller dagger just in case and a harp that can sometimes summon a mighty storm.

Backstory: Astrid is the daughter of the once King Gorm the Old and Queen Thyre. She grew up in the Dane Mark (Denmark) in Jelling with her two older brothers Knut and Haralt. One winter, Astrid met a strange boy by the name of Leif and they quickly became close friends, working together to save Jelling from Bishop Folkmar who threatened to take over the land. After many adventures, losing both her favourite brother, Knut and her father, Astrid was banished, along with Leif, from her kingdom after taking the blame for Bishop Folkmar's murder. Though she sneaked back into Denmark to steal her Toledo sword. Now her and Leif are on the run, heading to Iceland to start her new life as a Shield Maiden. Though, now Haralt Bluetooth, the new King of the Danes, has set out to kill Leif and take Astrid prisoner, sending out armed warriors and strong fighters to track down and take out the two outcasts.

Appearance: Astrid has long locks of golden blond, curly hair. She's rather tall for her age and quite slim. She has rosy white skin and brilliant blue eyes.

-Name: Leif Ibrahimsson
Title: Poet
Personality: Leif's a rather smart boy and curious too, asking endless questions about anything that spikes his interest. He has a silver tongue, able to form poems straight from his head in an instant. Though he's rather skittish and with jump at the slightest of sounds. Sometimes he'll even faint if the threat is big enough. Leif is a very wandering person, his mind usually in the clouds.

Weapons and Equipment: Doesn't carry anything, only weapon is his words

Backstory: Leif was born in Hedeby, just down south of Jelling. His mother died at birth and he never met his father, so he was raised and taught by his grandmother. Everyone always questioned him for his dark skin and Leif himself could never give an answer. Leif's grandmother taught him how to use his words to make magic and sent him to make a name for himself in Jelling, where he soon met and made friends with Astrid. After a lot of problems, fighting the Bishop, surviving the Yelling Stones and defeating an 'angel', Leif was falsely accused of murdering Bishop Folkmar and sentenced to death. Though, thanks to Astrid lying and admitting it was her, he was only banished along with her. They traveled up to Uppsala in Sweden with two others. Jaska, a slave who later went back to her home town and Issar who was found out to be Leif's father though unfortunately died saving Leif's life before they could properly reunite. Now, after a nasty battle in an old temple in Uppsala, Leif and Astrid are ready to continue their adventure to Iceland.

Appearance(Image or detailed description): Leif is quite small and slim with dark brown skin, jet black hair and deep brown eyes.

Edited Oct 4th 2019 05:37

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Oct 9th 2019 16:12

Cool! Accepted!

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Oct 10th 2019 16:11

(I can't tell at this point, but just make sure she's not OP, otherwise, accepted!)

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Oct 10th 2019 16:13

(I might wait for one more person before starting. If no one joins in a while then I'll just start)

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Oct 11th 2019 01:49

(Oh yeah, that's perfectly fine)

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Dec 12th 2019 04:34

(@Trixyboy, accepted, though the title isn't like another name, more like their role. For instance, your character's title would be rogue, wanderer or traveler, otherwise accpeted!

@MrRedWhale, you're accepted too, though I worry you might have trouble fitting your character into the whole story. He's a draugr so he has no emotions or feelings and the only goal is to get his wealth back, there isn't really any reason for him to join in on the party, unless he's an obstacle or you want to make him a bit different from a typical draugr, for plot convenience. Either are fine, you don't have to change him if you don't want to, just wanted to make sure everyone would have an opportunity to have an important role in the story.)

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Dec 12th 2019 15:46

(Yep, that's work I will probably start soon if everyone is onboard for it :) )

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Dec 12th 2019 19:15

(Great, thank you)

Heart this
0 likes

REMRoleplay - Dec 15th 2019 00:07

(Okay, I will begin shortly. The story will start in Uppsala, a city in Sweden, just to let you know)

Edited Dec 15th 2019 00:09

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.