Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Crime > The Detective’s Shady New Assistant

New Reply

Started by LunaNovaNoir , Mar 4th 2023 12:36

LunaNovaNoir - Mar 4th 2023 12:36

Six different identities in 4 years and the silverest tongue around, town after town she inserts herself in drawing just the right amount of attention to be seen as normal. Making sure her connections ran just far enough that she would be the first to know if anyone new came to town looking for her. Gambling her way across the country taking just enough to get her started without being blackballed from the gambling halls, her underworld connections running farther then she ever could. And how did this all start... Well you could say it started with her parents they were loving people but quite eccentric, for a start they made sure she didn't exist hiding her birth and existence from the world. Quite nice if your parents taught you to survive in the world but they didn't sure her dad taught her cards and her mother the joy of the finer things and how to lie. But they didn't teach her how to exist without them so when they both tragically died one day from bad fish she didn't know what to do, her father was quite rich and if she existed she would have been able to live out her childhood years well taken care of but she didn't and all the money went to Charity... the maid father had been too free with. Shocking right and of course the maid didn't want to share so she had no choice but to wonder off to the city and find her fortune elsewhere. A naive 15 year old girl wondering about the city with one of the highest crime rates alone without anyone waiting on her... well you could see how badly that could go. But thankfully she ran into Viola a dancer at a gentlemen's club and Rio her guard. And after the scheming couple heard all about her woes and a person that didn't exist on any records they of course offered admittance into their "club" and after making sure she would have to dance she agreed, but help rarely comes free and she spent the next year of her life conning men with the gang as the bait for house robberies to reply their kindness. She get the men to take her home and halfway into him undressing he'd pass out from the sleeping powder that was put in his wine then she would run and let the boys Rio, John, Roman and Malcom in and together they'd clean the place out. Then it was her job to sell the items as she had a more trustworthy appearance. Well as most abandoned children do she fell in love with the leader of the group, scam after scam he reeled her closer in he was quite charming and the second they started dating. She even moved into his room but the closer she got to him the more chances she had to see behind his mask and it was ugly and terrifying, he was abusive, possessive, crude and all together an awful man. When things didn't go his way he took out his frustrations on her and the longer it went on the smaller it made her feel, and the last time while she was struggling to get up and could feel the blood running down the back of her neck she knew it was time to find her freedom again. She had to run so when the did their next job and he sent her to sell the items she did and the second she unloaded the last item she ran she ran as far and as fast as she could putting as much distance between her and then as possible. She knew Rio would be watching her from a roof top to make sure she wasn't caught but he was not expecting her to run and by the time he got down she had disappeared into the crowds will all the money. And that was it town after town, city after city, job after job she never stopped running and they never stopped hunting her. Sure they caught up with her once one of the boys was a little ahead of the others and jumped her, he had and gun on him and after a short struggle she managed to shoot him with it, nothing had prepared her for the feeling of shooting someone the horror she felt as she watched the life drain from his eyes. But she didn't want to go back sure she realized they would never stop hunting her now blood for blood and whatnot but she didn't have a choice, if she didn't she would have taken it in a heartbeat. Stupid Malcom always the smartest always the earliest, but she didn't let that distracted her and another two years of survival brings us to the present. She still has his gun carrying it for protection and all times, course the jumpiness and the feeling that someone was watching never disappeared and of course the trauma stayed with her but she was 20 now she made it 4 years on her own. Sure it was hard but she did it and she did it free and clear her parents would be proud, sure she still gambled and ran scams but now she did it because it was fun not because they were forcing her to and she always kept a respectable job of some kind.

If your interested in a criminal assistant on the run/ a detective who doesn’t know. And want to explore him slowly uncovering her secrets while wondering if he can do it before her past catches up to her and she disappears again. Will he fall in love and save her or lose her forever?

I’m 18, I don’t do erp sorry.
Trigger warnings for past gang violence and toxic past relationship.

(Me) F/M pairing

If your not into the detective route we can have other first job in the new town pairings.

You can make the detective or make character as normal or eccentric as you want.

I’m on EST and I’m semi lit to lit depending on how stressed I am that day. I can’t promise more than 1 paragraph I will promise you the appropriate amount of words for the scene.

I’d prefer discord so I don’t forget to reply

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.