Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > The Ark (Sci-Fi/Horror Group RP)

New Reply

Started by ImNotCrazy , May 25th 2019 10:50

ImNotCrazy - May 25th 2019 10:50

*Inspired by Ridley Scott's Alien*

Edit: Even if we've started feel free to join in. There are sleep pods and they won't all open at once necessarily so their is a lore friendly way for newcomers to join in on the story.

(Sci-Fi, Psychological Horror, Disturbing Imagery, Gore, Blood, Dark Themes)

-Asleep in the void of space, nightmares plagued my mind, and then I awoke to another... Shrouded in darkness, no backups, no lifelines, and just the peers that surround you. These voices, the sounds of things clanking and going bump in the night. Sanity is key, yet I can’t help but think I must be crazy. Their screams, I feel like I can hear them. When we were asleep something happened, and only essential power is running. Where do we go from here?-

A vessel by the same name as the biblical tale. In the year 2098, the earth had become a wasteland. Pollution and overpopulation have made living conditions impossible to sustain. They predicted that within a couple decades, the earth will no longer be habitable.

The “Andromeda Research Kit” (aka ARK), was the first of it’s many vessels to launch in 2098. Not only was it the first, but... the only? The ark was packed with a colony of 800 people who’s ages ranged from 17-27. However, only a handful of them survived the journey. The few who came out of cryogenic stasis, found that somewhere along the journey there was a power surge. The surge shut down the life support systems of those now dead. And what’s more, no other ships have arrived, and the planet they’ve landed on seems to have six hours of daylight every four earth days. Things seem to be lurking in the dark out there. Will they survive and try their luck at living there, or try and find a way out?

youtu.be/bFpOy-6cirQ

Edited Nov 3rd 2020 11:13

Heart this
1 like

ImNotCrazy - May 26th 2019 12:36

Name: Quinton Carter

Nick Name (what they go by): Quinn

Height: 6’1

Division(s) Agricultural,Mechanics, Architecture etc.): Security, Mechanics, Documentation

Skills: Can pick up many skill just by reading through textbooks and studying (quick learner) , hand to hand combat, takedown, firearms, basic military, cooking

Bio/Background: Quinn grew up knowing that everyone he knew and respected, was going to die from some sort of sickness. Like the rest of his generation, he grew up it a world crowded and filled with smog. At 17, he joined the academy for military police. However, he was disappointed to find that they had become a corrupt like most government run operations. They would get bored, and terrorize people. He decided to leave and study machines. He lived with his younger sister, Natalie. Their parents had passed away when she was 13 and he was 17. Hence why he joined the police.

Natalie was in the accident with their parents, she unlike them survived, but she was left unable to use her legs. Quinn tried to support her and he did the best he could, but at the age of 16, she died. A plague from smog exposure had infected her. Though he worked hard to get the money for the treatments necessary, he couldn’t get it in time. He would eventually be approached by a company and recruited to the ARK, under security, and due to his skill in mechanics.

Edited Oct 30th 2020 14:08

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - May 26th 2019 12:37

Character Sheet

Name:

Nick Name (what they go by):

Height:

Division (Agricultural,Mechanics, Architecture etc.):

Skills:

Hobbies/Talents:

Bio/Background:

Edited Oct 30th 2020 13:59

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Oct 30th 2020 13:52

*Bump*

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Nov 3rd 2020 10:59

|| I'll kick off this thing in a bit. The beautiful thing about this structure is that with the cryogenic lore, people can "awaken" and join at various times in the story.

Edited Nov 3rd 2020 11:00

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Nov 6th 2020 12:36

The smell of fuel blanketed the the atmosphere with it's pungent fragrance as well as something akin to a garbage dump. The low dull humming of machines played out in the parifery of Quinn's consciousness. His flesh was warm and red hot, where yet his veins felt an icy cold liquid flowing through them. It was probably the cryogenic substance they were all briefed on prior to their assent.

Quinn felt air enter the pod for the first time in what felt like an eternity. He choked as oxygen entered his lungs once again. The hydraulic sounds of the pod's frame screamed as it opened. A soft beep rang then woman's enthusiastic voice followed. "Welcome back, Voyager! You have made it to your destination. Please remain calm as hysteria is a common side effect in Cryogenic Preservation. Other possible side effects include, nausea, fever, itching..." the recording went on about the various effects for about two minutes. "... and in some very rare cases frostbite. Now that you're ready, we Welcome you to ARkkkkkk..." the recording cut.

Quinn fell out of the pod freezing and shivering. He was covered only by a white pair of vinyl briefs attached to various wires. As he looked around his breath paused. Tons of pods filled with thawed dead and rotting corpses. "What the hell happened?" He shuddered. The stench filled the air. He could see that some pods where still on line he tried to crawl to some of them but he couldn't move as he still needed to thaw.

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Nov 7th 2020 14:06

Quinn had been attempting to scream for help. He had been so weakened by the experience, that his voice had become coarse and low akin to a speaker that had been blown. His body was restrained as if he had a parking break within him. The floor was metalic and cooled; it did little to help thaw him. This room was like a giant freezer that had broken down.

Quinn had never felt so defeated in his life. To think he'd made it all this way just to die stranded wherever he fell, it was infuriating. His whole reason for accepting this voyage was to make something better of himself; to be the adventurer SHE never could be. Yet here he was, laying on the floor as helpless as an newborn infant. He could see that his muscle mass had depleted as result of his immobility. He would have to retrain himself. To function at full capacity again.

He began to think of his sister Natalie. She had been unable to walk since she was eight. He could recall the physical therapy she endured only for her to come to the realization that she'd never walk again. He recalled one evening, "You know you only have to practice for a few hours a day." Quinn said to his sister. She was hanging onto a two metal bars, each set to one side of her. "I know that. But this is all I've got to do." She replied.

Quinn shook his head, "Well, you don't want to overdo it. And bored? I just got you some more of those books, did you finish them already?!" He exclaimed. She looked at him and nodded confidently. "I love to read about adventure. The different worlds, far away places... all of that gets me excited. But at the end of each book, I'm still here wanting something more from them." She had a look of determination in her eyes. Quinn was puzzled by this reaction. It was uncharacteristic for her to be so outspoken. She continued, "Once I can walk again, I'm gonna see it all for myself. I refuse to believe that I'll die in this house. I'm going to make my own way for once and step into the unknown." She paused. "But first you have to wake up..." suddenly he was back in the ship where he had been currently.

He heard a man's voice behind him. "Is someone there?!" He exclaimed with his now dried cracked voice. He was still immobile and couldn't turn to see for himself. "Are you a person, or a recording... or am I going crazy?" He muttered toward the end. Quinn could feel a pinns and needle sensation throughout his body. He ached yet he was numb all the same.

Heart this
0 likes

ImNotCrazy - Nov 24th 2020 21:21

@cloudydreams absolutely! I've just been a tad busy is all, but we're still going. :)

Heart this
1 like

ImNotCrazy - Nov 24th 2020 21:49

A wave of relief fell over Quinn at the response of another person, "Oh, thank god! I thought I was the only one!" Quinn's voice was still worn yet a hint of relief was still discernable. A thick condensation blanketed his pores as his temperature started to make progress in regulating. Quinn still felt stiff, but he managed to turn he head slightly to get a view of the person who discovered him.

He nodded, "I'm Quinn, I was SUPPOSED to be on security detail in the 6th Reactor Core. But I feel like those are the least of our problems now..." he trailed off. He was supposed to have a nice comfy job, basically standing around and occasionally keeping tabs on and tuning up the mainframe of the sector when needed. It was as easy a mechanic job as they come in this line of work. His legs started to tingle a bit, "Looks like they're coming back to working order. Or at least my veins are circulating steadily again." He thought out loud. He tried to pull himself up, but to no avail, the muscle loss was too great. He sat there now facing a complete stranger. His breath was was visible as he huffed gasping for air. He'd never felt so pathetic before, is this what his sister had to deal with every f***ing day. It was unfair, bit at least she died peacefully. He feared he wouldn't be so fortunate.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.