Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Fantasy > Something Witchy

New Reply

Started by mlox , Jul 2nd 2020 11:01

mlox - Jul 2nd 2020 11:01

So I’ve been wanting to do a witchy little story, and I’ve got a girl lined up for it. Her name is Maya Raswuan and you can find her character sheet here:
www.roleplay.me/blog/216459

My character sheets are always rough and never set in stone, so things may change through the story and she might be a little different with each story she’s in. I just have her basics in mind and think she could be fun! She’s a Reaper Witch, so she can see/communicate with the dead, which comes with its own benefits. I’m thinking witches are separated into powers/clans, so there’s Reapers, brewers, enchanters, healers, etc and they all have different unique aspects that I haven’t thought through. We don’t have to go into depth with it, but knowing our own characters would be helpful!

I don’t have a specific plot in mind, but I’ll write down some ideas. I also have been imagining this as Soul-Eater-esque for any who’ve watched the anima/read the manga (especially with her being a Reaper) so if you want to go down that path, I’m totally open to it.

1. Our characters go to Witch Academy (think Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) to learn about their magics. Some witches live in the academy, some live from home, some split life between the human world and the witch world. This can be modern, or fantasy. Humans and witches can have good relationships or bad ones, or perhaps they don’t even know the other exists.
a) They can all be witches, or it can be the witch/warlock divide, but they all do the same things, alright?
b) I’d be up to doing this as a witch x human
c) this could also be a fun enemy to lovers! Perhaps our characters just don’t get along in school, and are either put together on a project (maybe a scavenger hunt of sorts) or put against each other in some sort of trials.

2. Your character is a ghost, malevolent or benevolent, in any case, they haven’t been able to cross over to the afterlife for some reason, and it’s up to Maya to help them. This brings them on an adventure, and perhaps to find out how/why they died. Perhaps Y/C was killed, maybe they remember, maybe they don’t, or the memories come slowly.
a) this would be more of an adventure with a string of events and include many different characters rather than steady secondary characters, be prepared to write for multiple different types of characters as we meet them.
b) this could be fun as a modern travel across the world, or as a fantasy where there are different creatures with totally different abilities

3. Witches and warlock clans all have their own jobs in the world. For Maya, it’s Reapings. They find souls and bring them to their afterlife. But sometimes, this requires the help of other clans and vice versa.
a) their clans are rival clans, but our characters need each other's help
b) your character is a reaper, and they end up searching for the same escaped soul, a very important one that the Academy wants back
c) your character (being a psychic) accidentally parted their soul from their body, but Maya is the only one they know that can see them and help put them back.
-----> Y/C may have been a wandering soul for years, trying to find someone to help them back to their body and with reaper witches being rare, stumble across Maya
d) our characters are best friends, but your character doesn’t know Maya is a witch, not until something happens to Y/C (maybe Y/C dies, or another witch curses them, or parts their soul from body as a curse or something of the sorts) and Maya finds out and has to help, ultimately revealing her identity

So, all ideas are not thought through in the least. They’re just ideas. I match lengths but I prefer 3+ paras, third person, and progression of the plot with each post. I also like to plot OOC. FxM or FxF.
PLEASE READ MY RULES
www.roleplay.me/blog/216455
If you want to write, YOU add and YOU message and COME WITH IDEAS. THANK YOU.

Edited Nov 7th 2020 17:55

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.