Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Real Life > High School Sweethearts

New Reply

Started by mlox , Nov 3rd 2018 22:34

mlox - Nov 3rd 2018 22:34

O P E N 01/11/22

Every school has their high school sweet hearts. Sometimes it's just one, sometimes it's a few. But every school has them. At Lin-Gales School, it's M/C and Y/C. A small-ish, private school, Lin-Gales cost money to get in. Something Y/C has in their family. Their story started out cliche from the beginning. M/C is a smart girl, and lived with her two parents and four siblings, her being right in the middle. While they weren't a poor family, they certainly weren't rich either, and with a seven person family, they couldn't afford to send one of their kids to a private school. However, with M/C's grades, the offered scholarship, and her parents wanting the best for their daughter, they made ends meet. She was sent off to board at Lin-Gales Private High School in ninth grade.

At a glance, she didn't stand out particularly against all the other new freshmen that were coming in -- perhaps not as expensive -- yet for some reason, she caught Y/C's eye (a feat she still can't quite understand). Slowly, over time, they became close, and then closer. By the time freshmen year was over, they were essentially a couple (not officially until the following school year). They spent the summer apart, as they both returned home, and spent the summer after sophomore year apart as well. Despite this, their relationship seemed only stronger when school started again. It gave Alison something to be excited about when she went back to school, Y/C gave her purpose to continue even if the work was getting harder, the bills seemed bigger, and her time spent not working or studying even smaller.

The third summer, right before their senior year began, they spent together, splitting their time tween M/C's home and Y/C's home. This was their final, perfect year together before they comitted to colleges (the time to decide whether they could handle long distance, though that wasn't foremost on their minds). Everything was going their way. Until their summer got cut short when M/C received news that her mother was in the hospital. She returned home to spend as much time with her family as she could.

And then the school year started.

Money was tight, especially now, and stress and tension built on M/C. She had become a ticking time bomb, but refused to admit it, brushing off concerns with just an "I'm ok, just tired." There was nothing that could be done to fix it. She spent less time with Y/C, but when she did, she just wanted to be close, sitting on Y/C's lap in the common room, snuggling during the day when they could visit each other's dorms, sneaking out late. M/C had become more rash in her decisions, taking more risks. She cut classes, skipped her work shifts, and yet still studied throughout all hours of the night, staying up late only to fall asleep during the day, or crash at Y/C's room (a dorm violation highly prohibited, though they had always found their way around this or suffered through the consequences regretless). Though she was stressed, they were still the sweet hearts. They'd been together for so long.

Until this year.

With M/C's distance and emotional barrier, Y/C had had enough. Whether it was snapping at her, breaking up, cheating, or just a ruomor that M/C had latched onto, their relationship was deteriorating to a thin strand. Would it be enough? With the struggles with money, her mother's health, her family, her grades which were slowly slipping out of her grasp. She was lost. And she would never admit it.

This is an old plot I am deciding to revive. It is kind of all laid out, however it does not have to be followed. When I originally wrote this (I have made some changes since) this was just the sort of story vibe I was looking for. It might have been from a song stuck in my head or a movie/show idea I couldn't forget that evolved into this plotline. That said, it doesn't have a 'start point' and it doesn't have to be followed in the least. If you see this plot and think I'd be cool to write with, just message me (with some other ideas of your own if this one isn't your cup of tea). I love criticism and I love hearing your ideas.

Some more about this plot and characters: I will be using an OC that I haven't decided on. If you look through my blog and decide you like one of them, just let me know and I can work that out (their backstories can be shifted to fit the story or vice versa). I am a literate writer, I will write three paragraphs minimum (the only exception to this is when it is a dialogue/action heavy scene and we have worked out a prior agreement) and up to a page in casual writing if I am feeling it (novella is for you special people out there muah).

Some warnings before going into this: slice of life isn't my strength, which is why I am posting this plot because I do want to improve on it. However, if you find a way to incorporate other genres into this plot, be it fantasy, crime, horror, you will be my absolute favorite. This plot is definitely available for a fantasy twist, perhaps a highschool for fantasy creatures, either in a humans world (outcasts) or a world of magic. And different twists can be taken, magic is suddenly disappearing, some radiation was leaked, she is suddenly unable to master a task, etc etc. Please share your ideas as well.

Last thing, I promise. Please take a look at my profile, skim my rules, add and then message me if you are interested in writing with me. Let me know what you are interested in writing (be it this plot or some thing else you have come up with) and please please please come with some ideas. Thank you, and I hope to write with you soon <3

Edited Jan 11th 2022 16:39

Heart this
3 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.