Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Out of Character > Anyone else sick of romance?

New Reply

Started by TheGuyNextDoor , Jul 17th 2020 07:56
Previous12Next

TheGuyNextDoor - Jul 17th 2020 07:56

Okay, let me be super honest: I don't exactly love Romance. As a genre alone I honestly think it's boring and too predictable. Don't get me wrong, I suppose the same can be said about action or whatever... but I feel like for the amount of people that only seem to rp romance... They aren't... well... entertaining? I like suspense, I like weight. I want to be invested in the story! I haven't had a partner that makes romance fun or interesting in so long. Well. With an exception here or there of course.

Do you feel this way too? Or am I just an ass?

Heart this
13 likes

Sacreddragon - Oct 9th 2020 21:18

I can't blame you for feeling that way because your right romance on it's on is meh, but at the same time just throwing stuff in an rp just because, i too sometimes have to be reminded of this and try my best to be as careful as possible with this.

Heart this
2 likes

winx - Jan 31st 2021 11:32

I don't like doing romance. My partner has always tried to force 1*8+ contence what is boating all the roleplays turn out the same or Grouse a lot of sick minds out there or do a pairing I didn't agree with when setting up the roleplay so never enjoyed them.

Heart this
2 likes

Danae - Jan 12th 2023 00:32

Same! Like, I don't mind romance, I love it a lot. But I like a lot of other things too, like horror and such. Lots of people put many genres down on their profile but only stick to romance or do romance + a broad genre. Of course theres nothing wrong with that but sometimes I want to do something else, y'know?

Heart this
1 like

StreetMage - Jan 27th 2023 02:20

Let's be real here, "Romance" is just an excuse for someone to get their rocks off in here.

Hence why the genre is so bad, it's bloated with cringe.

Heart this
3 likes

Danae - Jan 27th 2023 18:30

FOR REAL THO. Personally I dont think all romance is bad, it's just on the site its sh*tty. Deadass had one person who wanted to do a romance rp w/me and kept sending me sending sex gifs, espically when I told them I don't want to do er*t*ca. They got blocked real quick fyi.

Heart this
0 likes

JasonVoorhees - Oct 13th 2023 08:01

You guys think you have it bad? I keep getting fangirls coming at me demanding to replace Pamela as Jason’s Mom, or send me messages of them sacrificing their friends to gain my favor and heart!

That’s not how Jason Voorhees works, people!

By the way, Happy Friday the 13th!

Heart this
0 likes

StreetMage - Oct 13th 2023 14:46

Meh, I'm more of a Nightmare on Elm Street kinda guy.

Heart this
1 like

TheGuyNextDoor - Oct 13th 2023 14:53

I'm a real sucker for a good slasher. I think Jason is more fun to watch on a big screen. But Freddy is def nicer if you're on the sofa in the middle of the night. In the f***in dark.

Heart this
0 likes

StreetMage - Oct 13th 2023 14:55

You wanna talk good slashers?
Michael Goddamn Myers, accept no substitutes. (It's also very appropriate, considering we're in October right now.)

Heart this
0 likes

Previous12Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.