Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Nov 28th 2019 13:51

*Solar nods.

Solar:Thank you.

*Solar walks over to the lift and presses the 'up' button, waiting for the door to slide open. He really hopes that this'll go well.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 28th 2019 14:55

*Cinder grins.*

Cinder: Have a nice day! *He goes back to his computer.*

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 28th 2019 15:50

Solar:Ah.... You too!

*Solar glances over to the panel showing what floor the lift is currently on. Maybe it would be easier to fly up the middle of the stairwell...

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 28th 2019 17:33

*The building certainly is a tall one. Perhaps one of the tallest in the city if you don't count the commercial buildings. A flight all the way, vertically, up would be draining. At the minute, the lift seems to be on floor 8 and an arrow next to it signals that it seems to be heading on a route downwards. Better to catch it on its route down to the ground floor than miss it and see it going back up.*

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 28th 2019 17:41

*Solar takes a deep breath in and quietly exhales. He can do this. If this doesn't go well.....he'll find somewhere else.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 28th 2019 18:03

*The lift doors open and, despite it edging towards the afternoon, a half-asleep lilac unicorn with dark legs, two light coloured socks, and a light blue, star yellow and royal purple mane steps out. Her mark is strange and doesn't seem to give any sort of obvious talent, a spiral a 10-pointed star and a wisp of magic? She gives Solar a strange look, flashing her midnight blue magic at him before continuing forwards carelessly.*

??: Have fun... Light can't keep his mouth shut he's so excited... You'll probably fall asleep halfway through his endless chatter. *There seems to be a look of malice in her yellow cat's eyes as she says this but it's still just a figure of speech and nothing to be afraid of.* Bye.

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 28th 2019 18:57

*Solar blinks in surprise.

Solar:Bye?

*'What was that all about?' he wonders to himself.

*Solar steps into the lift, quickly pressing the button to the floor 101.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 28th 2019 19:24

*The lift moves surprisingly fast and for some reason it feels surprisingly tiring and nauseous being in it too. Perhaps because of how high up it's going so fast but being a Pegasus that shouldn't normally be an issue.*

*However, the ride is over swiftly and when the doors open, Lime Light stands in front of the doors, grinning in excitement.*

Lime: FINALLY!! WE MEET!!

*Lime's voice is loud and somewhat startling, close to that of a royal's. Perhaps being on a stage all the time makes him act much louder to be heard from a distance.*

Lime: I CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS HOW THRILLED I AM TO MEET YOU!! *He reaches out and clasps Solar's hoof in his own, shaking it comically rough.* I'M LIME LIGHT, YOU KNOW, FROM BROADWAY? AND /YOU/ MUST BE THE THRILLING, THE LEGENDARY AND- *He lets go of Solar's hoof to place the back of his to his head in fake fainting.* MOST ALLURING- SOLAR FLARE! HOW CAN I HELP A STUDIOUS AND COLLECTED PONY LIKE YOURSELF?! PLEASE, COME IN! OUR ROOM IS JUST OVER HERE!

*He trots over to a door, opening it wide with a flourish before he goes to the dramatic measure of pushing Solar Flare inside.*

Lime: DO YOU LIKE TEA OR COFFEE? SPEARMINT OR CHAMOMILE? PLEASE! TAKE A SEAT ON THE CHAISE LOUNGE! SOME OF THE OTHER FLATMATES ARE AT WORK RIGHT NOW AND DIZZY JUST LEFT BUT I THINK MORNING GLORY MIGHT BE IN? MAYBE HEAVY HEART TOO... MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME!! GLORY!! ARE YOU IN? COME AND MEET SOLAR! HE IS JUST THRILLING! AMAZING!!

*A tired whine comes from a room down the hall at the loud beckon before a very tired looking sherbert yellow, and sunset coloured Pegasus sluggishly walks out into the hall. Her mane is fluffy and frizzy and looks like she's been sleeping in a bush, tied into a long ponytail to her side and her special mark depicts a paw-print shaped cloud with a sunrise over it. She's wearing a thick red scarf, draped around her neck and across her shoulders.*

Glory: Mmmmnn... lime light... it's my day off... can't I get a /little/ more sleep please?

Lime: NONSENSE! GLORY YOU SLEEP ALL THE TIME ON YOUR DAYS OFF! IT'S TIME YOU COME OUT OF YOUR SHELL A LITTLE AND MEET OUR NEW GUEST! NOW WHAT WILL IT BE?

Glory: mmm... the chamomile and lavender are really nice please... *She gently settles on the end of a sofa, placing her head on her hooves and snuggling into a blanket.* just make sure dizzy hasn't spiked it again, she does it out of spite, I swear...

Edited Nov 28th 2019 19:27

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 28th 2019 19:45

*Solar quietly takes a seat.

Solar:It's nice to meet you both.

*From the corner of his eye, Solar notices another pony coming down the hall, only for them to pause and slowly back away, presumably returning to the room they just left.

Solar:Huh...?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 28th 2019 19:55

Lime: HEART! I HEARD YOU!! YOU CAN'T JUST ESCAPE LIKE THAT, COME SAY HI! LESS I NEED TO KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR AND DRAG YOU OUT! GOSH EVERYONE'S NOT IN A GOOD MOOD TODAY, DON'T WORRY, EVERYONE'S REALLY NICE, SOLAR!

*Glory gives a tired smile when Lime places a cup down in front of her. She hugs it close to her chest and takes a gentle sip from the cup.*

Lime: SO! SOLAR! TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF! WOULD YOU LIKE A DRINK? WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING? WHERE DO YOU COME FROM? HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU HAVE? DO YOU MAYBE BY CHANCE HAVE ANY STRANGE, SHAPED CRYSTAL-LIKE OBJECTS FILLED WITH MAGIC!? MAYBE A CERTAIN COLOUR OR FAMILIAR SHAPE? LIKE UHHH A MAGIC BOOK SHAPE? YOU KNOW, A REALLY POWERFUL ONE? HOW DID YOU GET YOUR TALENT MARK?! YOU'RE A MAGICOLOGIST, YES?

Glory: don't worry about Lime, his questions might seem specific and startling but it's for a good reason, he's a nice pony. *Glory takes another sip from her cup and ruffles her feathers tiredly.*

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.