Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Nov 20th 2019 23:01

*Morning feels like it comes too soon to Solar. With a reluctant groan, he sits up and rubs the sleep from his eyes. What... What time is it...?

*....Where is he again?

*...Oh. Oh yeah.

*.......Hopefully Fire Dancer is okay. He should ask.

*Getting out of bed, Solar stretches for a moment before opening the door a crack and listening to hear if anyone else is awake.

Edited Nov 21st 2019 14:20

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 21st 2019 05:15

*Immediately he's hit with the smell of something cooking, either waffles or something else. Either way, the mouth-watering smell of that and the quiet murmur of a conversation, one voice seeming groggier than the other, indicates that not one pony but two are awake... or half-awake at least.*

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 21st 2019 16:14

*Quietly, he opens the door and starts down the stairs, taking in the scene that meets him when he reaches the bottom.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 21st 2019 16:38

*Opal seems to be cooking behind her counter, talking to Fire Dancer as she goes. Despite her perhaps only waking up recently, she looks well kept and groomed to a point. Fire Dancer on the other hand looks completely different, with her head on her hooves, sat at the counter and mane ruffled terribly. The two unicorns are practically polar opposites in appearance. Even where Opal's coat takes on calming colours of pearly white fur with a matcha green and bubblegum pink mane, Fire Dancer takes on fiery colours and seems bolder. Where Opal Fortune is frail with her age with a dished face and curved horn, that could date back to more pure-blooded traditional unicorns, Fire Dancer is somewhat stockier, fluffier and more athletic looking from her more distant draft heritage. To top it off, Dancer wears golden piercings in her ears but the only jewellery Opal wears is a single ring on her horn.*

*Opal looks over when she hears the approach of someone and smiles broader while Dancer shuffles her head under her hooves a little more to hide the light.*

Opal: Ah! Hello, Solar! What would you like to eat this morning? Oh! There's a note on the computer for you I believe too!

Dancer: opal, do you have... anymore of that sake stuff left?

Opal: Not at this time in the morning I don't, dear. How about a tea instead?

Dancer: thanks, yeah...

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 21st 2019 17:55

Solar:Um... Just some toast if that's alright. Thank you.

*Solar Flare takes a seat near Fire Dancer. The pegasus look a bit nervous.

Solar:So...... Good morning.

*Great. Truly a wonderful start.

Solar:....Are you okay? From.... From last night, I mean. Youdon'thavetoanswerthatifyoudon'twantto...!

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 21st 2019 18:13

*Dancer lifts a hoof from her eyes and gives Solar a look, raising her eyebrows. Either she's got a really bad case of bed-head or she's hung over but either way she looks like something tragic happened. Considering the circumstances, she wouldn't be half wrong.*

Dancer: Yeah. You're right, I don't have to answer that but you know what? I'm going to anyway. I have nothing other to do... *She sits up a little.* In short? Just peachy. A little murdery too. I wish I had killed that freak but maybe the fireball to the face will leave him with enough scarring that they'll make smarter decisions in future...

Opal: Dancer... not in my café please...

Dancer: Sorry, Opal... I'm just angry, y'know? Angry at the people that live in this area and make girls like me go through their crap. but... *She looks down, pawing at the counter with the edge of her hoof.* I'm also grateful too that you showed up, even if I don't know your name... it's not normal that some stallion would help like you did but I'm glad you did. You're a nice guy, it's a nice change... Anyhow, you saved my ass back there, nerd and-

Opal: Dancer! Behave!

Dancer: Sorry. What I meant to say is uh... *She looks back up at Dancer before looking back down again and away, hoping that with the way her tangled hair falls, it hides her face.* Can I... have your number? for uh, business reasons I guess and everything...

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 22nd 2019 18:43

*Solar's face flashes through a myriad of emotions as Dancer speaks. He gains a startled expression at Dancer's rather violent wish, anger that other mares have been attacked like her, embarrassment at the Dancer's (sort of???) compliment, and a blank look at her request.

Solar:O.....Okay? My number is... (XXX-XXX-XXXX).

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 22nd 2019 19:01

*Dancer grins and pulls out her phone, typing in the numbers at a fast pace.*

Dancer: Thanks. I'll send you a message quick so you know who I am. *She gives a nod over to the computer as Opal gently places a plate of toast in front of Solar.* You going to check out that message? Opal said you're trying to get into that apartment too.

Opal: Would you like anything in particular on your toast?

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 22nd 2019 19:41

Solar:I should, shouldn't I?

*Solar moves over to the computer, logging into YaHoof.

Solar:Just butter is fine, tha-....nks.

*Solar reads the e-mail in disbelief.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 22nd 2019 19:52

*The email is somewhat short but written with urgency.*

"Solar,

Come to the apartment tomorrow before noon as soon as you can. The address is on my advert. I have a good feeling you might be the pony I'm looking for. I don't need any proof of identity or anything but I'm going to ask you a lot of questions, so just prepare yourself in that sense.

If it all goes well then you might find yourself moving in tomorrow evening at the earliest.

I look forward to your reply, hugs,

Lime Light~"

*Dancer begins to paw at the table again.*

Dancer: So uhhhh, bad news then?

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.