Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Nov 16th 2019 19:54

Solar:Alright. Before you go, where should I put the dishes?

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 17th 2019 09:06

*Opal pauses thoughtfully.*

Opal: Oh, hmm, just put them up on the counter would be helpful, thank you! If you want to go the extra mile, there's a sink underneath the counter that you can wash them up in and there's cupboards underneath but I won't expect you to do all that! *She smiles before walking back into the room behind the counter.*

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 17th 2019 19:41

*Solar nods to himself once she leaves, quickly moving the dishes to the counter before stacking the last chair. Once finished, he grabs the dishes and starts washing them.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 17th 2019 20:01

*Opal soon returns but only after a few minutes in the least. She closes the door quietly behind her and places the couple of plates she brought with her onto the counter.*

Opal: I'll wash those tomorrow, don't worry about them. Dancer's out cold and considering how late it's getting, I probably will be too soon. The café is closed tomorrow, so feel free to stay as long as you'd like. You know where the computer is too, so use that for as long as you need too, I got the advert up for you. For now though, I think I'm going to hit the hay if you know what I mean, *She grins*. Ah, and when you're ready, the spare room is just up the stairs through the door to the right of the counter!

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 18th 2019 19:44

Solar:Okay. Thank you again for this.

*Solar plans to finish the dishes once Opal leaves. He still has to figure out what to get her...and grab a toothbrush.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 18th 2019 19:51

*Opal gives a smile and a nod.*

Opal: It's my pleasure, it does get lonely around here sometimes, so it's nice to have a couple others here. Good night, dear! *She walks back into the room with Fire Dancer, closing the door behind her.*

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 20th 2019 13:28

Solar:Night!

*Solar turns his attention back to the dishes, scrubbing them clean before setting them to dry. Once finished, he dries his hooves and moves over to the computer.

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 20th 2019 16:25

*There's some sound of movement from the room behind the counter but it soon goes silent. Not long afterwards, the light from under that door turns off, leaving the light in the café to be the only one still on. The computer's still on and upon the screen is a typical advert for a home but with some differences.*

Firstly, the advert is written in a strangely flamboyant tone; where many adverts are written to state facts and sometimes give positive views on the home, this one seems to be more... personal. It sounds more like a conversation than a serious advert.*

*Secondly, the writer of the advert has taken the time to edit the photos provided. On four of the open rooms, he has drawn some red "x"s across them, to show that these rooms have been taken. Of course, the photos of the rather large and somewhat luxurious lounge, kitchen and two bathrooms remain but the edited photos seem rather unprofessional and somewhat off-putting.*

*Thirdly, and most strangely, there isn't any price written on the advert, only a statement in the place where the price would be saying "Should be able to help pay some of the bills".*

*The room left for sale is sort of like two rooms in one. there's a half-wall through the middle which separates a room with a bed and a dresser to one with a desk surrounded by bookshelves. There's plenty of room for books and other items of similar sizes with all the shelving but if that isn't enough, then there's also a trunk tucked under the desk. The colours are themed in yellows and oranges.*

*To the right of the photos, there is an edited note which reads "ONE LAST ROOM REMAINING AND LAST CHANCE TO CLAIM IT. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU MAY KNOW IS INTERESTED, SEND A MESSAGE TO MY EMAIL AT [email protected] (ALL IN LOWERCASE BY THE WAY). THE ROOM IS BUILT TO BE ABLE TO SUIT A STUDYING PONY OF SOME DESCRIPTION WHO'S SMART AND HAS BOOKS. I PUT IN A LOT OF BOOKSHELVES BUT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN STUFF TO FILL THE SHELVES... OBVIOUSLY. PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ROOM, I SWEAR." *

Heart this
0 likes

Spade - Nov 20th 2019 17:11

*Solar Flare blinks, sitting down and rubbing his eyes before rereading what's on the screen a few times. This..... This has to be a joke, right? This guy can't be serious. The room looks amazing, but this has to be a scam....but....it's not like he can keep sleeping on a bunch of boxes.

*With a sigh, he opens a new tab and temporarily logs into YaHoof.

[To:[email protected]
Subject:Remaining Room

Hello,
I'm new to this city and I heard that your building had free apartments. I am a Magicologist who works in the magic artifacts department, so a room with lots of space for books and certain tools is on the top of my search list. I realize that you've probably received a number of messages ahead of me, and that you've probably found another tenant, but I was told it probably wouldn't hurt to try.

Thank you for reading,
Solar Flare
[email protected] ]

*After hitting send, he shuts off the computer and stands. Stretching his wings, he heads upstairs towards the room Opal said was open. After finding a spare toothbrush, he cleans up and heads to bed.

Edited Nov 20th 2019 17:13

Heart this
0 likes

SchemingWeasel - Nov 20th 2019 17:24

*Despite it being so late already, not five minutes later, the computer momentarily whirs back to life and a notification comes up on the screen which reads "You have mail (1)". However, it makes no noise and the computer quickly turns off again afterwards.*

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.