Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Dec 19th 2021 19:57

*Solar gapes at Dizzy, but quickly shuts his mouth.*

Solar:Why...?

*Heart blinks at the question, brows raising momentarily in surprise.*

Heart:You got a license?

*She sounds impressed. Considering the three were talking about the bad parts of the city only minutes ago, Heart has a pretty good idea of why Dizzy is looking to carry a firearm. At least...she thinks she does.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 20th 2021 18:41

*Dizzy waves her hoof and makes a dismissive noise. She looks aside, not meeting the two's gaze.*

Dizzy: I mean- Psshhh- I have tons of licenses- At least one of them's probably a firearm one- I mean- hah- did you ever doubt me for a moment?

*She empties her saddlebag on the table, several things fall out: deteriorating paper with scrawled musings, a various assortment of pens- some of which with ink leaking out the ends- her phone, a vial of some kind of inconspicuous substance, a jar of wasps, loose pills, dirt, an avocado, two wallets. She quickly picks up one of the wallets, sweeping the rest of everything back into her saddlebag as fast as it all fell out, giving very little time to process all of it other than the very angry-sounding buzzing from within the bag.*

*Holding the wallet, she opens it up to show a hundred cards of various types, licenses, loyalty cards, is that a police badge?*

Dizzy: Uhhhh so what colour is the gun one again, it's gotta be in here somewhere...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 24th 2021 16:58

*Solar leans back into his seat at the sight of the jar of wasps, pressing his wings close his sides and ears flicking back. A quiet sigh of relief escapes him when the jar is put away. Out of sight, out of mind... The badge quickly catches his attention.*

Solar:You're a cop?

*Choosing to politely ignore the miscellaneous objects that fell out of Dizzy's bag, give or take the wasp jar, Heart focuses on the numerous licenses. The mare's brows rise higher and higher as she reads some of the licenses, at one point disappearing behind her bangs.*

Heart:....talk about a jack of all trades.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 24th 2021 20:17

*Dizzy keeps flittering through the licenses until she finally comes across a gun one. Then, she processes what the other two said and barks with laughter so loud that she has to cover her own mouth forcefully with a hoof.*

*Eventually, she calms down though there's tears in the corners of her eyes.*

Dizzy: You think I'm stable enough to be law enforcement?!

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 24th 2021 20:21

*Heart is silent for a moment before shrugging.*

Heart:Undercover cop.

Solar:...

*Solar studies the badge before looking back at Dizzy.*

Solar:If not a cop, what's it for?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 24th 2021 20:46

*Dizzy pulls a confused but amused expression, closing and placing the wallet back away in her bag.*

Dizzy: What's what for?!

*She looks back up at Solar and Heart now, smiling.*

Dizzy: Maaaaybe I should mention, mooooost of them are mine... Most...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 31st 2021 17:47

*Solar looks alarmed at this, looking between the badge, Dizzy, and the numerous licenses.*

Solar:...What.

*Heart deadpans at Dizzy's statement, but before she can respond, Stripes slides into the booth beside her. The zebra grins at his friend before he notices the licenses. He tenses for a moment when he noticesthe badge, before raising a brow, looking back at Dizzy.*

Stripes:....am I missing something?

*He quickly turns to Heart, whispering to Heart.*

Stripes:Heart. Heart, you didn't tell then about...that, did you? I'm not going to be arrested, right? Heart-

*Heart looks stares at Stipes, obviously unimpressed. Before Stripes can continue, Heart grabs a bread roll and shoves it in his mouth, effectively shutting the stallion up.....if not nearly choking him in the process. Stripes glares at Heart, pulling the roll out of his mouth. After a moment though, a mischievous grin makes its way ontohis expression.*

Stripes:That was rude... TinMare~

*Heart's eyes widen, looking at Stripes in mortification. The mare lightly punches Stripes, who only laughs in response before nibbling on the roll he almost choked on moments ago.*

*Solar watches this with a concerned expression.*

Solar:...

*Solar whispers quietly to Dizzy, looking confused.*

Solar:Are they friends, enemies, or dating? I can't tell.

Edited Dec 31st 2021 18:47

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 31st 2021 18:42

*Dizzy shrugs slightly, loudly whispering back.*

Dizzy: Could be either or all three, I haven't worked out the timeline yet. I'm betting on the classic enemies to lovers trope though.

*She stands up slightly in her seat, pointing an accusing hoof at Stripes.*

Dizzy: Speaking of, if you betray us at the end of season three I will tear out your kidney with my teeth and eat it are we clear? We've only just about made it to the end of the second episode but I'm warning you, you stripey himbo.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 31st 2021 19:03

*Solar leans away from Dizzy, ears pinned back and eyes wide. He can't tell if Dizzy is serious or not.*

*Heart stares at Dizzy, her expression shifting between confusion, disgust, and embarrassment. Her mouth moves, but no words come out. Eventually, she settles on burying her face in her hooves, face burning a bright red as she silently wishes to be swallowed up by the Earth.*

*Stripes, on the other hand, chokes on his roll at the enemies to friends to lovers trope idea. The threat doesn't help, the poor stallion having to look away, forcing down the bit of bread and wheezing for air afterwards. His face is also red, though not just from embarrassment.*

Stripes:Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold it! We- (*He gestures to himself and Heart*)- ARE NOT dating! That would make things weird. Right, Heart?

*It takes Heart a moment to respond, her mind racing for a change of topic.*

Heart:....what's a himbo?

*Stripes deadpans, staring at Dizzy with an expression that screams, "Don't tell her."*

Stripes:....ignoring that, what do you mean by episodes? Seasons? Am I on a prank show.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 31st 2021 21:01

*Dizzy somehow seems to zone out and ignore all of what's said other than Stripes' final sentence to which she turns thoughtful, tapping her chin in a ponderous manner.*

Dizzy: Mmmm more of a Shakespearean tragedy but "humour" is somewhat fitting. Dark comedy perhaps. But hey, we all die one day!

*She shrugs, gaze seeming unfocussed and distant.*

Dizzy: some sooner than others...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.