Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Out of Character > (OOC) Solar Manipulation Pandemic

New Reply

Started by Lizziejo , Aug 18th 2018 14:41

Lizziejo - Aug 18th 2018 14:41

In the year 2023, their was a solar flare in close proximity to Earth’s atmosphere. No one thought anything of the blast, just some mild heat wave that swept across the country. Though it did get scientists and extremists pulling out their hair as to how it didn’t destroy the planet as originally predicted. This phenomenon would later be classified as the “Solar Mutation Pandemic”. All children born the year of the flare were born with unique powers that stemmed when the radiation from the flash caused their DNA to mutate. This ultimately cause a spring of chaos to erupt. Children were taken from their parents both willing and reluctant alike. The government ran tests to see if they could “cure” the children population but unfortunately fueled their rage to be treated as equals. Some even daring to be declared a stronger species. Most had come to accept their powers as something that made themselves, well, themselves. 16 years of enduring painful treatment from the depths of labs and experiments, the children had had enough.

History would later describe their escape as both a massacre and revolutionary step for this new generation of mutated kids. Millions of children suffered major casualties escaping and the ones who survived were hunted. Their escape for freedom now made them permanently outcasted and treated as deadly terrorists. However, the ones who stayed were trained to hunt their fellow mutants as well. This drastically decimated more children whom thought they could trust others of their kind.

When all seemed lost and it looked as if all of the mutated children’s fate was sealed, a single man started a secret underground safe haven for the 16 year olds. His name was Clark Smith, a former government agent who did not agree with the slaughter of children just because the humans were afraid of their own young. They would soon name their home “Secret Base” and thrive right under the noses of everyone. This continued smoothly for six solid years, Clark taking in more and more children, the ones still left. Now 22 years in age and no longer children, they no longer wanted to live in fear and confined down in Secret Base. Clark refused, assuring them that there was no hope for the world above them. That their parents, family, the public would never accept them as they were.

Clark was never challenged and none went against the old man’s rules to leave the base until he grew ill. He called on his favorite pupils to run things until he got better. He never did. His death sent waves of panic throughout Secret Base, without Clark their home would quickly deteriorate and be exposed to the world. They would have to leave the only home they’ve ever known.

Because of every child in the year 2033 turning mutant, the population above had dwindled. Many had become afraid of having children after 2033, wondering if the flare would affect another generation. It was later seen that this wasn’t the case and the birthdate slowly climbed again. The government hadn’t given up their search, they knew that they had hardly eradicated every child born in the year 2033. The public on the other hand had only ever seen the mutants that worked for the government. They ones who remained still tracked and killed off any mutant they could find that wasn’t one of their own. Believe that the government saw them as the better side of their generation and therefore would be saved once the rebels were killed, converted, or captured.

Our story begins with the ones who were there when Clark died. Hearing his last words that even if it was in hiding that they had to survive. This would prove difficult as those who were left split off after Clark’s death. That and Clark’s best students didn’t always see eye to eye on how to run things. Each leaving to fend for themselves with people they grew up with. Fate would bring these five back together and force them to rely on each other to survive.

[Alright, this is so badly written and I had no idea where I was going with his idea. It sounded better in my head. Forgive my terrible grammar and ability to write interesting stories arg. I madr this forum as well just because I’d like more skilled writers to help with plots and ideas for the story as things go along? If this interests anyone dur. I had just the idea that a group of friends with powers dynamic would be fun in a sort of dystopian world. Fighting other power’d and military alike, you know the usual. So the only real thing I’ll be picky about is everyone should be unique to each other.]

Rules:
• Literacy. Please know your Grammer and punctuation. No text talk and write AT LEAST five sentences.
• I’ve seen some people use the wrong tense? “...” she says and walks to the bed. vs “...” she said and walked over to the bed. Please don’t use the first one.
• Romance is encouraged. Spice it up, add drama, but take the sm*t to dm's. None of us want to sit through it, sorry.
• No OP characters. No GM’s either.
• At the end of every post, write a 'mentions' and 'interacts with' and list the characters that you mentioned or interacted with so that it is easier to navigate posts since their is no order that you have to post in.
• Have fun

Spots taken by:
@LizzieJo
@TresLechez
@FeralSquirrel
@ Lord-Adorable
@MrRedWhale
@PT_Pie

Original forum: www.roleplay.me/forums/topic.php?topic_id=20713&page=1#latest

Edited Aug 18th 2018 17:48

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 18th 2018 14:52

A sword as a weakness? I’m not quite sure how that’d work in a modern RP..?

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 18th 2018 15:18

You can get rid of the gun being a weakness but. It’s a little obvious and not really a unique weakness. If you can add another weakness for her “clap” I’ll be fine with it. I’ll write up a starter of sorts. There will be no set reply order but once one is in place, try to stick with it.

Heart this
0 likes

Lizziejo - Aug 19th 2018 18:34

Thanks I noticed and fixed it. Uh suit yourself, there’s no real order in place either way.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.