Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Supernatural > Night of the Masquerade

New Reply

Started by Okami , Sep 11th 2017 09:34
Previous12Next

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 09:34

“How am I supposed to start this thing? Do I greet them and pretend to be showy like a Prince or what? Hmm? The basics? Alright.

“Hello, Kindred- Damn. There I go being cliche with the greeting, can I restart this? No? Fine. Whatever. Hello, Kindred. You know, why don’t you do this? You’re obviously much better at speaking than me and- Put the stake away, and f*** you, I’m doing it.

“Alright, at this point I’ve greeted you like twice and it’s a waste to do it a third time. I’m just here to send a message and just give you the down low of everything that has been happening recently. Firstly, I’m supposed to point out the fact that there really hasn’t much contact between the Primogens the last few years. I’ve been told to tell you all, and I quote “it’s 2017 people!” As in, cellphones, the internet, and pretty much everything have gone a long way since 2004. I don’t think there’s been a time in which there’s been a greater threat of the Masquerade breaking all together than today and I’ve been around a while.

“The point is, while there aren’t any evidence real threats against the Kindred right now you all need to be prepared. You need to work together again and be ready to defend LA against whatever sh*t is coming this way. I’m no seer but even I feel a bit nervous about what the future holds… Just… Stick together, maybe even try to settle sh*t with the werewolves. Hahaha! I’m kidding. F*** those guys.

“Anyway, just try to have some semblance of an alliance with all the other clans, Camarilla, work with the Anarchs. Anarchs, let the Camarilla try to help. You all need to play nice because while I’m not saying we’re in the Final Nights or that Gehenna is approaching, something’s going to go down and you all need to be ready. Well, Izaak out!

“Can I stop recording now? You owe me big time, just and FYI. Now get out of my room!”

You put the cassette player that had taken you the better part of the night down and take a moment to gather your thoughts. You weren’t sure what to think about the message, aside from political infighting the greatest recent threat to the Kindred was the Society of Leopold, but their headquarters were obliterated up with one hundred pounds of astrolite back in 2005 and the few survivors scattered. What else was there to worry about? You were more curious, and maybe irritated, than concerned. How this cassette had been slipped into your pocket without your knowledge was still beyond you. A glance through your window gave you a view of the east, and the first hints of the sun lighting the sky. You needed to think, you would have a decision tonight. As you enter your darkened sleep quarters you consider calling some acquaintances, to see if they got the same message as you before deciding against it. If they were anything like you they would want some time on their own to process the message as well, you would come to your decision on whether or not to set aside old rivalries and work with the others again at sundown. Perhaps they would too.

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 09:34

Welcome to Night of the Masquerade! A roleplay based off of The World of Darkness series, specifically Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines.YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE SERIES TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS, I’ll post helpful info and am willing to guide you along. Quick word of warning, I’ve only played Bloodlines and none of the table top games so my lore may be a bit off but I do have access to the White Wolf wiki to make sure stuff is mostly accurate. Feel free to point out things I may have missed as well.

Anyway, in this you’ll be able to play as a Kindred belonging to one of the seven clans, a thin blood, a human, a ghoul, or maybe even a typically non playable clan if you ask nicely. Below is a synopsis of each (typical) clan, their abilities, and some basic words:

Kindred: Vampire

Masquarade: The only thing keeping humans from realizing that supernatural monsters live among them. Pretend to be human until you are out of their sight or you intend to kill all witnesses, that’s the rule.

Frenzy: When a Kindred becomes frenzied they are taken over by a monstrous presence known as the Beast. Going into a frenzy is usually caused by starvation or an instinct to protect one’s self from threats by being as dangerous as possible.

Ghoul: A human who drinks the blood of a Kindred becoming their immortal and powerful servant. Ghouls are physically strong but lack the special abilities of their masters but also lack their weaknesses meaning they can always enjoy a time in the sun with friends.

Kine: A derogatory word Kindred have for humans.

Humanity: The scale in which a Kindred measures their morals, the lower the humanity the more monstrous they become and more likely they are to frenzy. Humanity can be gained or lost depending on what actions a Kindred preforms, whether kind or cruel. Humanity tends to be measured in ten units, 1 being as monstrous as possible (like a Sabbat) and 10 being a saint even among humans.

Camarilla: Vampire government, fascist and bureaucratic they do not tolerate the violation of the Masquerade and will deal death as a punishment for five violations.

Anarchs: They ruled LA for many years before the Camarilla showed up and pretty much took over. They understand the Masquerade but to them it’s just logic, they don’t need an entire government about it. Tensions are high between the two.

Sabbat: Kindred who are nearly constantly under the influence of the Beast. They aren’t the “bad vampires” they’re the “worse vampires.”

---

Brujah:
“They're a bunch of malcontents. They get pumped up by rousing the rabble they keep around them, like that's hard. Nothing breeds faster than contempt, and that's what the Brujah are all about. Jealousy and contempt.”

Powerful and temperamental warriors, the Brujah are typically thought of as the rebel of the seven clans. Typically disobeying Camarilla law and traditions Brujah kindred are the most common one to find in LA. If they have a political view, Brujah often lean towards the Anarch side of things disliking the bureaucratic and fascist views of the Camarilla. Despite being literally called “The Witch Clan” Brujah are not as adept in magic as other clans.

Pros: They’re incredibly strong, fast, and agile.
Cons: They enter can enter a frenzy state much easier than other Kindred, making them becoming little more than animals and be required to be put down if they don’t snap out of it on their own.

---

Gangrel:
“They fancy themselves loners and drifters, running around the countryside and barking at the moon. Hmph. It's all just an act. Gangrel can walk upright, they just choose not to.”

The Gangrel are much like the Brujah in that they are dangerous foes and don’t like to take orders. What makes Gangrel different though is the reasoning, they are much closer to a beast than a man even when first Embraced. Relatively solitary Gangrel are not very pleasant to hang around and are considered allies to werewolves when in reality the Gangrel just know how to avoid those killing machines.

Pros: Gangrel get much stronger and smarter while in Frenzy and the strongest ones can shapeshift into anthropomorphic bats whenever they please.
Cons: Gangrel can easily frenzy.

---

Malkavian:
“Malkavians are, uh… interesting. There's something to them. Learning to sort the wisdom from the bullsh*t can be some work and, uh, not all of them are worth listening to, but, uh, they're all good fun if you ask me.”

The Malkavians are hard to explain, they suffer from varying degrees of insanity but are often used as seers or oracles due to their great damaged minds being able to take snippets of the future and occasionally break forth walls. Playing as a Malkavian is not recommended unless you have done so before in the games but I won’t deny you unless the quality is poor.

Pros: Malkavians are incredibly smart and perceptive.
Cons: Malkavians are CRAZY. They hear voices that aren’t there (which actually can give good advice), tend to speak in riddles, and easily alienate those close to them due to allies taking things the wrong way.

---

Nosferatu:
“The Nosferatu are damn good at what we do; no one even argues that. If you need to know, if you want it found, you come to us. We're indispensable; not a bad place to be in the afterlife.”

The Nosferatu were the most damned of the Kindred, their bodies disfigured into wretched shapes making going among humans and not breaking the Masquerade nearly impossible. Some fortunate, less deformed ones can pass their appearance off as being from a birth defect or a fire but others… They have to stay to the shadows. The quotes I’m using is from the lovely Bertram Tung, a charming albeit sarcastic Nosferatu.

Pros: The Nosferatu are nearly invisible when they want to sneak as they are so adept with hiding in the shadows, making going from place to place above ground easier if they don’t feel like the sewers. They also are experts in hacking and have an entire deep web like operation to allow them to communicate online easily. Feeding off of sewers rats grants them more blood than it would for other Kindred.
Cons: They ugly. They can’t seduce people and just being around humans can risk a violation.

---

Toreador:
“Hmph. I don't rub elbows with the pretty bloodsuckers much, but I've seen them work people like puppeteers and that's admirable. Now if only they'd get off their slimy asses and put their talent to some use besides feeding their egos.”

Beautiful and charming, Kindred of the Toreador thrive among humans and can pull of the human visage the easiest. They thrive on attention and love and are experts and manipulation (of humans and the unsuspecting Fledglling) and usually were an artist in some form while alive. They still tend to pursue their passions in death.

Pros: Silver tongues and they gain humanity easier.
Cons: When they lose humanity they lose twice as much.

---

Tremere:
“Mages. I don't have any reason to trust 'em. They're creepy and I think they like it that way. But to be honest, I don't hear much about the Tremere. There's a few in LA but all in all there's not that many of them.”

Yer a wizard, Kindred. Tremere’s specialize in blood magic and are known as untrustworthy backstabbers. As the Tremere have done nothing to defend themselves against such accusations they tend to be hated. The Camarilla still do employ them for their magic skills.

Pros: Being able to use blood magic and can bend a victim's will to their own by using Dominate, a skill that works when direct eye contact is used along with clear wording. Strong Tremere can even use this on Kindred.
Cons: Tremere are terrible physically and are punching bags if a foe gets close enough to them. They also aren’t really liked.

---

Ventrue:
“They get a bad rap if you ask me. Everyone likes to take shots at the man in charge, but when it comes to getting the job done, the Ventrue know how to step up. They can take the heat.”

The Toreador often live in the same circles as Toreador’s but use their abilities to be in positions of power rather than be artists. They are the head clan of the Camarilla and are hated by the Brujah as they have a desire to rule are Kindred. They love as much power as possible. If there was such a position of “President of Earth” you would likely find a Ventrue trying to get the position.

Pros: They can Dominate others’ minds even easier than a Tremere can and also are skilled with speech.
Cons: They can’t feed on animals (which doesn’t provide much blood in the first place for others clans aside from Nosferatu) and feeding on people with less than stellar reputations (like prostitutes, drunk college kids, and homeless people) can make them rather ill and vomit.

Edited Sep 11th 2017 09:38

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 09:37

Rules:
-VtM is not a child friendly series and as such things such as murder, drugs, and the frick frack are common topics (though Kindred actually don’t perform that stuff any more unless they are SUPER deviant like a certain daughter of Janus). Anyway, this will get dark and feel free to be as grim as you want as long as it’s not obnoxious and you don’t get this deleted.

-While I do have a few ideas for a plot, nothing is set in stone so for now this will be sort of slice of (un)life. Feel free to contribute ideas as well!

-If you need help, ask! There should be a few people familiar with the series here and they will be happy to help!

-Do not pet the cactus dragon.

-Be competent with your posts, detail, spelling, and grammar wise.

-Put your favorite season in the other section.

-No you can’t be a werewolf.

-No Izaak is not a VtM character, he is an OC who will not appear again.

-If you’d like to be a canon character, go ahead! I for one would love to see Beckett or Andrei here.

Prince (Must be Ventrue): Open
Brujah Primogen: Open
Gangrel Primogen: Open
Malkavian Primogen: Open
Nosferatu Primogen: Open
Toreador Primogen: Open
Tremere Primogen: Open
Ventrue Primogen: Open

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 09:37

Character Sheet:
Name:
Nicknames:
Date of Birth:
Date of Embrace:
Clan: (For Kindred and ghouls [if their masters do belong to a clan])
Alliance: (Sabbat, Anarchs, etc.)
Ranking: (If you would like to be a primogen or prince, ask me)
Orientation: (Mostly for the living but you can put your Kindred’s preferred partner down as well)
Disciplines: (Abilities gained when you became a Kindred, max of three. The more experienced your Kindred the stronger each one can be.)
Humanity: (How you are aligned morally, Kindred only. Remember, it’s a scale of 1-10)
Personality: (I hate writing these up so optional.)
Bio: (Same as Personality.)
Appearance: (This needs detail if you’re describing, if not a description any type of picture works.)
Quote: (Anything your character would say. Optional.)
Other: (Delete my notes.)

Edited Sep 11th 2017 14:22

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 14:17

((Currently working on my Malkavian, I just got into the game Contrast so its aesthetics are definitely rubbing off on her.))

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 14:33

((Yep, she's going to have a pet sugar glider ghoul named Jabby and views herself as justice incarnate. She's like the Punisher if he was an acrobat from the 20's and dressed in obnoxious colors.))

Edited Sep 11th 2017 14:35

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 14:55

((The picture I have for her isn't quite s jester but it's still very circusey.))

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 16:45

Character Sheet:
Name: Veida
Nicknames: The Angel of the Acrobats; Mama (how she refers to herself when speaking with Jabby)
Date of Birth: April 1 1897
Date of Embrace: September 17 1923
Species: Kindred
Clan: Malkavian
Alliance: Camarilla though she has been noted to hang out with Anarchs on occasion.
Ranking: While powerful Veida is only partly interested in the primogen position and for now does not have the responsibilities of office.
Orientation: Panromantic asexual, as in she’s into romance with any gender but not sex.
Disciplines:
Obfuscate: Veida can warp the minds of everyone around her to simply not see her, rendering her invisible. She can still be felt though.
Dementation: Veida can manipulate the minds of potential threats and make them see their greatest fears or fantasies, distracting them for a short amount of time. This can help her get her way in conversations or allow her to sneak past people. Sometimes the images her victims see are so great as they will attack others around them.

Humanity: 8, she detests the idea of sinking below a 6 and strives to be as moral as possible.

Personality: Veida believes in justice and karma and sees herself as the physical embodiment of both concepts. Veida drinks only as much as she requires to keep her blood supply full and will never drain a human, even in combat, instead breaking their necks to make death a bit more painless. She also refuses to feed on animals and is not fond of Kindred who do so in front of her. Veida views humans not her equal but creatures that do not deserve to be harmed for no reason and will protect vulnerable ones from other humans or her own kind. Those humans who she sees as guilty of some crime though will be hurt. Badly. Aside from her vigilante behavior, Veida is a playful individual who refuses to let go of her acrobatic roots and when bored will practice parkour and climb around wherever she’s at. If you decide to entertain her at your home be prepared to keep her distracted else she will begin to see how high she can scale your walls.

Bio: Veida doesn’t talk about her past much, if ever. All that can really be discovered about her is through posters and written accounts from the early 1900’s. Veida was an acrobat in a popular traveling circus based in France and was essentially raised by an extended family of lion tamers, clowns, and side show attractions as her mother who was an illusionist of the circus died in childbirth and her father was out of the picture. At some point Veida caught the attention of a visiting Malkavian and was Embraced, her sire encouraging her to keep up her profession up until the 50’s. After which televisions took center stage in terms of entertainment and both Veida and her sire fell off the face of the earth. She only recently appeared in Los Angeles in 2006 and is keeping up her appearance as a performer.

Veida discovered Jabberwocky shortly after arriving in LA, she had protected a young lady from some muggers and decided to walk the girl home. When she entered the girl’s apartment she noted the drafts of a for sale sign near a cage and asked about it. Long story short the girl couldn’t care for a pet because of a new landlord and Veida quickly purchased the adorable marsupial and made him her ghoul.

Appearance: Below

Quote: “Lady Justice is blind, fortunately these eyes see fine and find you guilty!”

Other: She has an eight year old sugar glider ghoul named Jabberwocky, aka Jabby. She never goes anywhere without him on her shoulder or in her pocket (complete with a fleecy lining allowing Jabby to hold on comfortably when she’s jumping around) with a supply of fruit and meat.

Edited Sep 13th 2017 16:39

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 20:26

((Damn, crazy little thing isn't she, I'm sure Veida will hate her. Accepted.

"Stay away from the Jabberwocky, wench."))

Edited Sep 11th 2017 20:27

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Sep 11th 2017 21:41

((No, while magic users are in the World of Darkness they do not fit in Bloodlines. You can use magic but you must be a Tremere.))

Heart this
0 likes

Previous12Next

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.