Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Jul 31st 2022 19:09

*Solar stares at Lime, frowning to himself. Lime.... doesn't remember?*

Solar:...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 31st 2022 20:47

*Lime catches Solar's expression and returns it with a furrowed brow.*

Lime: What?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 2nd 2022 16:12

*Solar blinks, quickly shaking his head. He offers Lime a sheepish smile.*

Solar:Nothing! Nothing. Just... Overthinking things. It happens a lot. Sorry.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 2nd 2022 20:10

Lime: Oh. don't worry, it's chill. *He glances idly to the kitchen clock.* Today's dragged on and flown at the same time. What are we going to do with the rest of it? More research and chill?

Dancer: Actually I was uh... hoping to get back to Glory fairly soon. If that's cool?

Lime: I would say yes but you look like you need some time away from there for a bit. Stay here a while, don't worry about her for a minute, Dancer. They're in a safe place at the moment and if anything happens, they'll call me immediately. I know you've got Glory's number too, don't you trust that she'll let you know if she's upset too? It's best to let yourself recover a bit first. Is there anything I can get you?

Dancer: No it's... it's okay Lime. I'm just feeling on edge... It'll pass...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 5th 2022 20:21

*Solar glances between Lime and Dancer, though he says nothing. Instead, Solar turns and disappears back into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with water.*

Solar:....

*Solar places the glass in front of Dancer before returning to his seat and pulling out his phone.*

Edited Aug 5th 2022 20:24

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 6th 2022 20:42

Dancer: Thanks, Sol...

*Lime glances between the two for a moment before shuffling off.*

Lime: I'm going to talk to Heart. If there's anything you two want to spend the rest of the day doing, let me know.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 6th 2022 21:28

Solar:....

*Solar waits until Lime is out of the room before looking up from his phone and over at Dancer.*

Solar:....So what do you want to do?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 7th 2022 08:20

Dancer: I... don't know.

*She falls silent for a moment, face conflicted.*

Dancer: Well I do know... I just know it's not the right answer.

*She stands up, pacing for something to do until her eyes land on a pile of letters on the counter that Lime brought inside. She shuffles through them, looking for any that may be for her that might distract her from the present.*

Dancer: We could try and do some more messing around with those crystals? See if we can get them to do something? I think there's a games system in one of the back rooms though which we could...

*She trails off, eyes set on one of the unopened letters.*

Dancer: How... did you find my new address...?

*She holds the offending letter over the bin for a few moments before sighing and tearing it open with her magic. She dumps the empty envelope back on the counter to deal with in a moment's time. On the front, it reads the apartment's exact address in cursive with the name "Bonfire Glow" at the top.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Aug 14th 2022 17:43

*Solar glances at the envelope before looking back at his phone.*

Solar:It probably wouldn't hurt to take a break from the crystals, with everything else going on. As much as I enjoy research... sometimes taking a break from it is the best option instead of pressing forward.

*Solar glances back at the envelope after a moment.*

Solar:...Nothing good in the mail?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Aug 14th 2022 19:52

*She huffs.*

Dancer: I suppose so. Video games it is then I guess.

*She scrunches up the letter, throwing that and the envelope in the bin.*

Dancer: No. Nothing good unless you've got something. Mother's going to try to send my little sister, Ember, around soon apparently. Seems more like Ember's pretty fed up of being housebound and wants to visit me to get away from them though. I hope Lime will be alright with that...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.