Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - May 1st 2022 20:40

*The mare's eye twitches, a scowl almost immediately overtaking her expression. Solar notices a nameplate on the counter the pegasus stands behind. Engraved in a pleasant font is the name, 'Written Wit'.*

Written Wit:No. They are most certainly not!

*Wit's wings spread at her sides for a moment in her frustration, showing that the right one is underdeveloped. It's smaller than the left.*

Wit:There are several different types of paper, the number changing depending on where you are and who you ask. That's not even starting with the color, texture, thickness, weight, and cut! Not all paper can be used for the same purpose either, as the-

*She pauses mid-sentence when she notices something outside her shop, her eyes narrowing at the sight of Stripes sitting outside. It's a few minutes before she speaks.*

Wit:....Ah. So you came here with him. Joking around are you? Well you'll have to excuse me if I'm not laughing.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 1st 2022 21:06

*Dizzy shrugs, looking back to the shelf of books she was browsing.*

Dizzy: Eh... I'm not so fond of him either... Don't worry, I get what you were getting at.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 6th 2022 17:25

*Wit huffs, nodding after a moment. She stares at Dizzy for a little while before gesturing to one of the shelves further towards the back of the shop.*

Wit:Meditation books are over there if you're interested.

Edited May 6th 2022 17:25

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 13th 2022 18:58

*Dizzy gives a long look, for once confusion evident on her face.*

Dizzy: Meditation...? Why would I...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 13th 2022 19:19

*Wit hums, shrugging for a moment before responding.*

Wit:Your expression. I've seen it before on ponies sufferin' from migraines. Meditation is supposed to help with that kind of stuff, at the very least with with stress part of it.

*With this, Wit turns her attention to Heart upon spotting the card she's holding.*

Wit:You doin' alright over there?

*Heart glances up from the book she's holding and nods, placing the book back and moving over to another shelf.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 19th 2022 19:44

*Dizzy gives a half-hearted shrug, seeming to look unconvinced with this promise of stress-relief.*

Dizzy: Eeeh maybe for most ponies. I think I got something a little more clinical. Thanks for the tip though, maybe I'll give it a go.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 21st 2022 16:07

*Wit glances at Dizzy and nods. The pegasus pulls a book from behind the counter and starts to read. Solar stares at Wit for a moment before turningto Dizzy and shrugging.*

Solar:....so....?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 21st 2022 20:38

*Dizzy raises a brow at Solar, watching him for a moment before idly glancing back to the shelves.*

Dizzy: Soooo what?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - May 23rd 2022 15:28

Solar:....see anything interesting?

*Elsewhere in the shop, Heart glances out the window at Stripes. Seems that he's nodded off while sitting on the bench and that somepony has taken a seat beside him.*

Heart:....

*Shaking her head, Heart glances at some of the book on the shelf she's standing in front of, looking for something of interest.
'Stories from the Streets'....A Mare Like No Other'.... 'Specters, Spirits, and Haunts of the City'... 'Alicorns, A History'...*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - May 24th 2022 19:18

*Dizzy draws a blank, looking back to the shelves.*

Dizzy: Uhm... to... be honest, I wasn't focusing. The titles and stuff I'm reading but then it's sorta not sinking in.

*She lets out a long sigh.*

Dizzy: Besides which, even if I did see something I liked, I just don't have any time to read nowadays. I don't need to add another book to the piles I already have half-read. They'd be better off going to a good home where they can be read over and over again.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.