Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Cartoon > The Mane Event

New Reply

Started by Spade , Nov 11th 2019 19:22

Spade - Jan 1st 2022 19:15

*The air around the booth has grown tense. Solar frowns, looking over at Heart and Stripes, trying to guage the two's emotions.*

Heart:. . . . .

*Heart looks... concerned, but also extremely uncomfortable. As if she wants to be somewhere else right now, away from this conversation.*

Stripes:...

*Stripes looks confused, but also uncertain. He keeps looking at Dizzy before looking away. Solar is surprised when he speaks.*

Stripes:So.... where's the joke? If it's a dark comedy, where's the joke?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 1st 2022 20:07

*Dizzy seems to delve further into thought. She looks lost for a moment, afraid, but her expression quickly returns to its normal mild complacency.*

Dizzy: You tell me.

*At the edge of the table, Pumpkin smiles awkwardly. She gently moves some food onto the table.*

Pumpkin: Heey-! I've got your food for you! Got the pancakes and the omelette too, do you guys need anything else?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 2nd 2022 22:46

*Stripes is silent, not having an answer for that. Heart looks over at Pumpkin and nods, thankful for her appearance.*

Heart:(*Mumbling*)...Thank ya. Er... 'm good.

*Solar looks at his plate at flashes Pumpkin a smile, though it doesn't quite reach his eyes.*

Solar:This looks good! Thanks.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 7th 2022 19:21

Pumpkin: No problem! I'll admit, the food here tastes as great as it looks! You guys don't need anything else?

Dizzy: We're all good but thanks.

*Pumpkin nods her head enthusiastically, heading off again to continue serving.*

Dizzy: ... I wonder what Lime's doing right now... Maybe I should have followed him to find out. He's safe of course but I can't help my curiosity...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2022 14:56

*Solar is silent for a moment, before asking-*

Solar:Do you have his number?

*Stripes meanwhile looks confused. Quietly, he whispers to Heart-*

Stripes:He's the green pony, right?

*Heart only nods in response, quietly working on her omelet.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 8th 2022 16:31

*Dizzy nods.*

Dizzy: I've memorised it. Might freak him out even more than he is already if I call him though, he doesn't know that I know it.

*She smiles slightly.*

Dizzy: Sure would be funny though, huh?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2022 17:16

*Solar doesn't immediately respond, brows furrowed in thought. *

Solar:...maybe not... does he have a social media?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 8th 2022 17:22

*Dizzy nods.*

Dizzy: Though I wouldn't look at it right now if I were you. Actually, why not, it would make me laugh.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2022 19:35

*Solar frowns, but quickly looks up Lime Light's name. Heart does the same, with Stripes looking over her shoulder. The zebra's eyes widen when he realizes where he's seen Lime before.*

Solar:...?!?

*Solar stares at his screen in shock.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 8th 2022 20:59

*Lime's social media account is labelled as "Lime Light Official" and features a plethora of pictures and short videos featuring him. In most of them he's grinning maliciously or playing his character and singing in full costume but there are a few scattered in that feature him in high spirits with other well-known ponies. He seems happy in each and every photo, more recently showing him in a costume that presumably is Beetlejuice. His fanbase meanwhile is bigger than expected, his number of followers in tens of thousands, even hundreds.*
*At the moment though what's more startling is the recently disabled comments, the closed DMs and him being completely silent other than the last photo he posted two nights before.*
*A hashtag tends to be trending on the home page, attached to various photos of Lime but all referring back to one image. "#queerlight" the image shows an uncomfortable looking Lime standing in the diner, surrounded by all the pride flags and the comments on these photos only seem to make things worse, "can't believe he's queer!", "He's a theatre colt, I'm not surprised", "is the orange pegasus behind them their stallionfriend?!", "He's so cute!" And on the flipside "Unfollowing. Can't believe another decent idol is one of those rainbow freaks." and "They let that stallion prance on a stage in front of foals. Unacceptable.". There are hundreds of comments similar to this, message wars happening, remixes of the original photo as well as ponies trying to decipher the images.*

Dizzy: Did I mention he's maybe slightly distraught at the moment? Just slightly...

Edited Jan 8th 2022 21:00

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.