Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Action > Survival (The Carrier)

New Reply

Started by Cylie , Jul 19th 2019 14:08

Knight - Jul 20th 2019 00:38

"I remember you." He reached into his pocket and fished out a bag of small snacks he kept with him to keep his energy up. This time it was a few apple slices and some beef jerky. "Here. I want you to come with me. The others will do anything to kill me but you.. You will cooperate. You always have." He smiled and unlocked the door, sliding the baggie into the cell. "Let me grab a spare coat or something.. In case it rains. That gown won't keep you too dry." He felt his heart flutter with hope. Of course, he couldn't run cure trials on her, as she had no symptoms. Without the symptoms he couldn't tell if the cure worked or not.

As a researcher, he was told never to connect with the subjects, as it would make termination much much harder and would add to the risk of infection. It's what got the entire team infected in the first place. But without much human contact, Soul found himself craving anything other than silence. He would just have to keep it professional.

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Jul 20th 2019 00:56

She didn't move or try to take the food. Doing much of anything was difficult and by the time the male returned Clarissa could barely even keep her eyes open. Her head lolled to the side and she was shivering though a thin sheen of sweat clung to her skin. She was feverish, her skin warm to the touch. But still she murmured the next few words of the song her smile having yet to fade.

Heart this
0 likes

Knight - Jul 20th 2019 01:11

"Right. You don't have the urge to kill driving you." He mumbled and draped the coat over her before picking her up. Before standing, he set the bag on her body. "Eat." He said, more than asked. "Um.. I'll be taking you to another lab. There's water and more food there. I don't think we'd make it to my house." He explained and studied her face. He felt bad for not coming to check on the subjects each time he had come back. He had forgotten about 001. "Don't die on me, okay? I can't exactly perform CPR on you. Wouldn't work if we didn't have adrenaline and a defibrillator. Then I'd just end up getting infected. Besides, it wouldn't solve your malnutrition."

Soul let out a short huff as he grew a little frustrated. "Damn. Now I'll have to hit a hospital tonight. I don't have an IV or a bag or anything. I'm a scientist, not a doctor. I didn't think I'd need them." He gently squeezed her leg, as he couldn't reach up to rub the side of his head. "It's fine. Health is a part of science. Human science. I'll just learn to become a doctor. A lot of it is just advance common sense." He mumbled to himself, something he often did when he had no one to talk to.

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Jul 20th 2019 01:25

Clary was light and easy to carry. She melted against him, not flinching or showing any hesitation to be near him. She let out a slow breath and shakily took the bag, she took a bite of apple and chewed it slowly, savoring the flavor and the juice on her dry tongue. She ate the apples as soul carried her though she didn't take the beef jerky, after a few minutes she fell asleep against him. Her heart was still beating steadily and she was breathing with mild troubles, she wouldn't die but she was weak and in rough shape.

Heart this
0 likes

Knight - Jul 20th 2019 05:48

It was nearly an hour walk along a treeline that separated thick forests and a broken down city. He had made most of the interior of the lab homey, so he didn't have to walk the extra hour just to get to his house, it used far too much energy. In the corner of his little single room house was a bed, and the other corner was a mini kitchen. Opposite to the "kitchen" was a small garden. It didn't produce enough, but it was better than nothing. He gently squeezed her leg again as he huffed in thought. "Okay, fine." He mumbled and set her down on the bed. He could sleep on the floor. Now he had to get some food and drinks into her.

He began looking through his food stores and pulled out some small cherry tomatoes and a whole apple he had yet to chop up. "Good enough." Soul began to chop everything up, making it easier to eat. He then grabbed a glass of water and set both beside the bed, leaving it for when she awoke.

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Jul 20th 2019 11:06

Welcome Alex, to a world the welcomes none.

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Jul 20th 2019 11:21

Clary woke up as the sun rose the next morning, it's light shining on her through the window, disturbing her sleep. She shifted slightly and happened her eyes. Even though it hadn't been much she felt a little bit better after eating earlier. She partially sat up having to lean back against the wall to keep from falling as she got dizzy from the movement. Clary brought a timid hand to her head and winced softly as she looked around. She didn't know where she was, but already it was so much better than anywhere she'd been before. She saw the glass of water and the fruit left for her and took deep, slow breath before she moved to edge of the bed to take the cup in shaky hands and lift it to her lips. She took a sip, a drop of water spilling down her chin. Clarissa closed her eyes, taken aback by the instant relief at having the water. She took another sip and another and was slightly disappointed when she finished it and the glass was empty.

Heart this
0 likes

Knight - Jul 20th 2019 23:41

Soul, with lack of any sort of music player, hummed as he cooked himself his usual small breakfast; home fries and an egg. Protein and some other nutrients. "Mh. Potatoes. Never get old." He tossed some salt into the iron cast pan over the portable burner before shuffling the contents inside. He stopped his tune to eat a few chunks of the potato and nodded as he found the flavor as he wanted.

He turned to lean against the wall beside his kitchen setup and noticed Clarissa had awoken. "Good morning." Soul wish he had brought the clipboard that had her details. He really only knew her by 001, but without her in a cell, it felt rude to call her by her number.

Heart this
0 likes

Cylie - Jul 20th 2019 23:49

Feeling a bit better than the night before Clarissa was a tiny bit nervous now. She'd never met this male before yesterday as far as she could remember, and she wasn't really sure who he was or why he'd moved her and given her these things. Overall she just wasn't accustomed to other showing her any sort of kindness and it was slightly off putting. So she turned away ever so slightly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Umm. . . Yes." She said, her voice soft as she mumbled her words slightly, "Good morning." She put the glass down and sat back still a bit dizzy, "who. . . Who are you?" She asked quietly

Heart this
0 likes

Knight - Jul 21st 2019 02:03

"Uh... I'm one of the scientists who took care of you a few weeks ago. You probably didn't see me as much because my cohorts thought I was better off dealing with the more aggressive subjects. "I'm Dr. Soul, Professor Soul, Soul.. Call me whatever. The name isn't my first. It's my alias. I actually don't remember my birth name. I guess it's what you get for not saying it for three years." He shrugged. "Why Soul? Good question." He chuckled and turned the burner off. "I know you as 001, and I know you have a name, I just.. It's not clicking." He shrugged, waving the spatula around.

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.