Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > Crossover > 4R-C4D-14

New Reply

Started by Okami , Oct 21st 2018 18:46

Okami - Nov 4th 2018 12:03

"Remember what that note you woke up with said? The part about rising from a collapse? You can find that phrase written all over the place." Using a massive claw Ranra pointed to a nearby bench, the phrase had been carved into its wood. "I even found it was embroidered on one of my tunics once. No one knows who or what is leaving them but The Investigators have taken it upon themselves to... Well investigate it." But you both look hungry, I just had a banana so I could probably good for some other stuff too. I'll take you to the shopping district."

Ranra led her two new friends along, pointing out the occasional land mark or notable business. Still walking, she turned around to face them, moving backwards, "so I get that you're a doctor. And you're a scientist, but what did you really do back in your old world? Like, a there's a lot of different doctors who can do a lot of different things. What did you two do specifically?"

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 4th 2018 12:37

Ranra thought JPs sounded kind of like that "SCP Foundation" she had heard of from a few people. They did things like containing things not of this earthly plane and angry tomatoes if she remembered correctly.

Now the question was directed back at her, "I was a clown." She had considered just lying, saying she was a clown and nothing else but Fumi's comment about secrets poked her with enough guilt to get her to telling the whole truth. After a few seconds she continued, "But I uh, got into some self doubt and ended up... Trying to become queen of the apocalypse." Ranra laughed awkwardly, "it was a weird point in my life. But after I calmed down a bit I returned back to my town. I woke up here about a year later." Now the moment of truth, would they hate her for that? She wouldn't blame them if they did, but she hoped they would see past the whole trying to end the world thing.

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 4th 2018 18:58

((Humanoid is preferable, but even anthropomorphic creatures are fine. And as for language, Arcadia translates what you hear into your native language so you can speak anything. Even someone who communicates through ASL could communicate easily here. And here comes the obligatory Tokyo Ghoul joke when it comes to coffee.))

"Coffee?" Ranra thought for a second, "yeah! I think there's a cafe nearby, it's run by a group of people who call themselves Ghouls. Don't know what that means but they seem pretty human." She turned back and quickly led her two companions through the maze of people and buildings until stopping outside of a building with the words "Coffee Shop" above the door. "Most of these places don't have all that clever of names or designs unless you customize it yourself."

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 4th 2018 19:27

"No, you just have to get someone with experience in carpentry or architecture to make your place how you imagine it." Ranra explained, "it would be cool to make it exactly as we see it in our heads, but I guess Arcadia can't give us all that power."

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 4th 2018 19:48

"It pretty much works the same way as any construction, what you change it to everyone can see. I guess the owners of this place prefer to keep the product quality rather than worry about the outside of their cafe."

Ranra turned to look at Stubbs, or rather the dollars in his hand. "They probably will. Here in Arcadia everything you need can appear if you just think about it enough, food, clothes, or basic necessities but for a lot of people, me included that just seems too... Easy. Stores, restaurants, places that you would go to for services exist here to add a little normalcy. People working here tend to create the items to create a product then put it together by hand. But really money isn't an issue, but you can tip if you want. And if not I can pay." Ranra reached into a previously invisible pocket on her outfit and fished out a few brightly colored round stones. "This is what I tend to pay with. Back where I come from they're called Beads. Same for you, Fumi. I can buy, my treat. Kind of." It short commerce in Arcadia was pretty much 'it's the thought that counts.'

Edited Nov 4th 2018 19:49

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 4th 2018 20:27

((I haven’t been in such an active roleplay for months. It’s nice to be able to keep the story going.))

Ranra had to think a little about Fumi’s question, she got herself a hot cocoa and sat down beside Stubbs and chewed on how to explain. “I personally think Arcadia is alive.” She told Stubbs, “maybe it’s not quite magic but... There’s something here.” Once Fumi joined them Ranra went into explanation mode once more, “it’s more like... Say you need a coat in the winter? You really need it because it’s dangerously cold out. You go to your closet and there it is! A coat that you can use! It’s really hard to explain, but you’ve been here a while now so maybe you’ve noticed things that you need just happening to be somewhere? That’s Arcadia at work. In this cafe for examble the workers need to keep people happy so what they need to satisfy that wish is availible to them.”

((I’ve got to go to bed, I’ve got classes tomorrow and midterms.))

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 5th 2018 08:51

((@xavarrkha, are you still participating in this?))

"You guys are really curious about this place, huh?" Ranra asked, stirring her cocoa with a claw. "I've never really considered just how unlikely everything is here. I probably don't really deserve paradise either but... We're all here despite the circumstances of our previous lives."

She was quiet, taking a long sip of her drink, contemplating. Finally she put the now empty mug down. "To hell with it... Fumi? You know how you want Stubbs to run some tests on what Arcadia is and what it does to people since he's fresh from his world? Can I help? I mean, I've been here for years so maybe I also can provide you with information you couldn't get from him. The more I hang out with you two and answer your questions the more I want to know about Arcadia too."

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 5th 2018 09:39

((Out of the current characters Ranra has been here longest so she’s giving Fumi and Stubbs a tour of Arcadia. Right now they’re talking about what the reality of this world really is while having snacks at a cafe.

Fumi is incredibly curious about everything.

Ranra just likes having new friends and is getting interested too.

Stubbs is a bit thirsty.))

Heart this
1 like

Okami - Nov 5th 2018 13:56

((Actually as a note you can pretty much be any age in this, I was actually planning on adding Niko from Oneshot (who is roughly 8) at some point. I might still do so.))

Ranra listened to Stubbs and Fumi talk, but her eyes were on the lizard. She had seen him around before, he seemed friendly enough but never had the courage to try to pet him or anything. "That sounds risky. What you did to yourself, I mean." She said, turning away from Indoraptor. "Testing yourself first? I mean, I'm happy you didn't hurt any small animals or anything but you could have died!"

Heart this
0 likes

Okami - Nov 5th 2018 22:00

((Sorry, I will correct that typo.))

Ranra had eventually tuned out to the conversation of Fumi and Stubbs. Not that it wasn’t interesting or anything but she came from a far less advanced world than her companions. Once she had described it to a human from a different world, he had said how it reminded him of the “18th Century” in regards to its technology. She was only half paying attention to what the test was about.

She snapped out of her daze when Stubbs pulled her back into reality. “Yeah! I’m coming!” She plopped a few Beads on the table where she was sitting and stood as well, stretching. “Do you live in the main housing district, Fumi?” She asked, “the apartment complexes there are huge, we could be in the same building. Maybe even find a vacant room for Stubbs.”

Heart this
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.