Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Mar 5th 2023 21:35

*June seems mildly disappointed by this... But if in doubt, try something else. She brushes herself off, heading to the door. There's at least ten others in this infinite emptiness that have weapons strong enough for what she's got planned and at least one of them can probably even do it for her.*

---

*Sage hums in uncertainty.*

Sage: Is it?

*She's quiet for a while, stuck in careful consideration, but after a moment she continues.*

Sage: Everything feels... bigger and smaller at the same time. I'm not sure where I am in it all... but I do know that you're here.

---

*Fiji? Pushing himself? Does that really sound at all like him? Noooo...

*Fiji is currently trying to shake off the hallucinations. Thankfully, he's pretty much finished what he can do.*

Fiji: I know I promised that I'd stop when it starts getting... actually I'm not sure on what the thing was for when I was supposed to stop, I can't remember. But I think... I think, you crazy, weird-ass deity, that you are pretty much there. I know you told me to stop but if you think I'm going to just leave you with an open wound, you... well, you are wrong.

*He frowns, glowering at his tools, before continuing, grumbling as he works.*

Fiji: I didn't lose my license for nothing...

---

Rose: You don't think so? You don't think it's strange to long for something so dystopian? So... Simple? At least I know you and I still think alike.

*She smiles in amusement but this falters as she looks aside.*

Rose: It felt harder back then but at least it wasn't as complicated. Back then at least we both knew what was and wasn't out to kill us. That was underground at least... I... I hid so much... by the time I... when I could finally trust you... it was always too late to say.

---

*Paige rolls her four shoulders in a shrug, attempting to appear disinterested.*

Paige: Uh, yeah we could go to them I guess. If that's what you'd like.

*She starts forwards towards a boat.*

Paige: I hope you don't mind sailing. They live on an island not too far from here.

---

*Dream follows Night's gaze again and winces, looking away and muttering under his breath to Night. Thankfully, Papyrus seems to be dozing off and Sheep seems to be just trying his hardest to awkwardly look as inconspicuous and well-behaved as possible.*

Dream: I don't think you'd like to know the source of it all, brother. I can see how you stare but it's not a good idea. There is nothing good to find in their heads and especially not in their dreams.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 22nd 2023 21:53

*I can just see this ending well...
---

*It takes Cross a moment to answer. He... really isn't sure of what to say. It feels almost like he's walking on a tightrope....*

Cross:.....We're... We're back in the VOID.

*Cross hesitates.*

Cross:Do you... want to lay down for a bit? Or do you want to walk around...?

---

*The cloak that Potato left to help Fiji, despite its seemingly short experience with sentience, shakes its hood in disapproval. The corruption that Fiji has managed to remove is currently being contained in an unbreakable glass box held by the cloak. The corruption inside slams against the glass prison, as if trying to make its way back to Potato or the nearest living thing.*

*Potato doesn't respond, still knocked out cold. It's probably for the best. Despite the few... setbacks that the deity's regenerative abilities have caused during surgery, not to mention the unfiltered chaotic energy, the surgery has gone... surprisingly well, shockingly.*

---

Fell:.......You had your reasons, Rose. Don't beat yourself up for it.

*Fell stares at the door to the infirmary for a moment before he opens it.*

Fell:...Come on. Let's get you settled here. Then I can look for the kids.

---

Hemlock:Not at all. It's been a while since I've been on water. Would you like me to row?

*Hemlock follows after Paige, unbothered by the swampy terrain.*

---
*Night blinks, looking away from the two skeletons in embarrassment. It takes him a moment to mutter a quiet response.*

Night:I... I didn't realize I was staring. Sorry. They... They didn't notice, did they?

Edited Mar 23rd 2023 22:34

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Mar 27th 2023 21:44

Sage: I know we're back in the VOID, Cross. I mean that I don't know where I am in... *She struggles for a word to describe it, hands clenching and unclenching in thought.* in... relation to everything else. It's...

*She moves a hand out towards Cross' voice, landing on his upper arm. From here, she moves downwards to his hand and takes it, moving it upwards to hold near where she presumes his skull is. She lets go of him, arms dropping back to her side.*

Sage: Close your eyes. Close them and cover them with your hands. Do you understand? Everything feels open and empty but I still worry that there's something nearby that I can't see, something I might walk into. So it's open but it's crowded at the same time. I want to understand what's there but... but it's taking so much concentration to think about what's around me and try to remember what's there and figure out what the objects are so I can try to make a picture and I already wasn't very familiar with this place.

*She huffs, fingers stretching out as if to try to subtly check her surroundings, legs tired and wanting to sit down but face uncertain, worried that she might knock into something she can't sense is there.*

Sage: I don't know if I want to lay down or walk around... I don't know...

---

*Fiji looks up from his stitching for a moment, rolling his eyes at the cloak.*

Fiji: What. Got something to say? No. That's right, I'm the doctor here. I didn't spend... *He frowns in thought, focussed on his stitching.* I don't know how many years. But I didn't spend that many years doing doctor stuff to be told off by a glorified coat.

*He waves the needle threateningly at the cloak.*

Fiji: Take me back to prison, I don't care. I served my time. I ain't afraid.

*He frowns back down at the stitches again, tying it off and cutting the excess. After which, still frowning, he places the needle and thread aside, doing a last once-over before moving to the sink, tearing off his gloves and disposing of them before washing his hands.*

Fiji: I didn't actually go to prison... I didn't make it that far. Nearly did though. *He glares at the glass container.* Can you incinerate or dispose of that rabid hamster something? It's unhygienic and driving me crazy. If it bangs on the edge of that container one more time, I swear to f***, I will show it the true meaning of corruption.

*He walks over to the cloak, leaning close to the box, eyes half-lidded and filled with deranged fatigue, pointing an accusing finger at the corrupted entity inside with gritted teeth. However, at this point, he's no longer speaking in common but rather he angrily slips into his native language.*

Fiji: [Listen here, you cow. I don't know if you can even comprehend spoken words but I'm going to give you two options. Quick and painless or slow and excruciating. So stop whatever you're trying to do before I biopsy you, do you hear me?]

*Without waiting for an answer, he turns on his heels, returning back to the table. He grabs Potato's mask, gives it a quick wipe down, and places it back on them. Despite his small stature, his years of experience prevail as he moves Potato onto a wheel chair, glancing back to the cloak.*

Fiji: We're done. If you could clean up and disinfect, that'd be good. I'm taking them back to their room.

---

*Rose gives a nod, hesitating for a moment and looking back around the VOID before walking inside. She makes her way in and waits for Fell to follow, turning back around just as Fiji walks out with Potato.*

Rose: Ah- Fiji. I don't mean to intrude but-

*Fiji leans his head into his shoulder to cover one ear and holds his hand over his other one, still pushing the chair forwards and out of the room as he answers in a sing-song, sarcastic tone.*

Fiji: Lalalala- I don't caaare~ Talk to someone else. I'm sick of gluing you porcelain idiots back together constantly! Byeeeee~!

*With this, muttering to himself in Swahili, he's out of the room, leaving Briar standing in the middle of the room and looking aghast. The lombax blinks in confused, stunned silence for a moment at the direction Fiji left in then looks back to Rose and Fell.*

Briar: I... He just finished a long surgery. Does he normally... *They look like they want to continue but instead they trail off.* I'm sorry about that. Is there anything I can help you with?

---

*Paige looks Hemlock up and down in judgement then gets in the wooden boat at the shore.*

Paige: Sorry, aunt Hemlock, but your two arms pale in comparison to my four. 'Sides, I know where we're headed so it'll be easier if I do it.

---

*Dream gives Night a comforting look.*

Dream: I don't think so...

*In the next moment, Sheep's voice mutters from directly behind Night.*

Sheep: What's wrong? I saw you looking at me. Do you have a question? I can answer questions. You should trust me, I can be trustworthy.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Apr 3rd 2023 14:23

Cross:....

*Cross carefully takes Sage's hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.*

Cross:...Let's just... sit on the gazebo for a while and wait for Coco. How's that sound?
---

*Potato's cloak seems unbothered by Fiji's threat, only nodding its hood in response. It watches. As much as a cloak can watch anything without eyes, Fiji exits the room before turning its attention to the box. After a moment of thought, it stores the box, and the corruption, inside to be disposed of later.*

*...The cloak glances around the room after a few minutes, taking in the sight of what all needs to be cleaned and disinfected. Something within the cloak seems to shift, the front of the cloak spreading open ever so slightly. From somewhere within the cloak, several long, shadowy arms shoot out, each one wearing a rubber cleaning globe. Some are holding cleaning supplies, and others are holding trash bags. All start to clean up the room, prepping it for sterilization.

---

*Fell stares in the direction Fiji disappeared with a human(???), before turning his attention back at Briar. He glances at Rose, whispering quietly, *

Fell:...You know more about what's going on than me.

*His tone is gentle, which is almost... surprising. Almost. Considering how things were before.... It's actually not too much of a shock.*

---

*Hemlock only hums, stepping onto the boat. She seems to grow slightly smaller upon sitting down.*

---
*It takes Night everything he has not to shriek at Sheep's....er... reappearance(?). (Is that right?)*

*The purple-clad skeleton scrambles off his chair, quickly moving away from Sheep. In his haste to get away, he doesn't notice the small, round cactus that pops up from the space between the floor tiles.*

*In his head, he hears Nightmare laughing at him and feels Nightmare's annoyance with Sheep.*

*Captain looks over towards Sheep and Night, raising a brow.*

Captain:.....

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Apr 3rd 2023 20:01

*Sage nods. If it wasn't for the fact she couldn't see out of them anyway, her eyes would be downcast.*

Sage: That sounds good. That sounds... grounding.

*She is quiet for a while until she speaks again.*

Sage: I really like Coco, Cross... I like you too a lot but I like Coco in a different kind of way. I was really scared to meet them at first but now that we're friends, it feels safe to be near them. Like I feel whole now. I know we're not the same and we grew up in different worlds with different pasts and... and I don't think you guys like cows very much even though they're my family... but I like you both a lot and... I wish I had met you sooner. I sometimes wonder maybe... maybe things would have been different or maybe I would have been happier to grow up with you two in your world. We can grow up together here even more though. I'm glad I met you guys.

---

*Rose looks to Fell with a small smile, leaning into them for a moment, before walking closer to Briar.*

Rose: I just haven't been feeling right. I'd have kept it to myself but it's been getting worse and I'm worried.

*Briar hums, floating much closer to Rose from their space in the room and crossing their legs to sit mid-air before her.*

Briar: Take a seat for a moment. I can take a reading of your Statistics to see if I can spot anything odd. You might have to be more specific on what you mean by that though. I might not have as many years as Fiji but I can still try my best to help. Only difference is that Fiji might spot something from a mile away with his experience, I need some more clues to get there.

*Rose nods, taking a seat on a nearby bed. Briar follows her, floating over and opening her stats then another tab, like Fiji occasionally opens and seems medically specific with various numbers, abbreviations and charts.*

Rose: It's hard to really pinpoint on the cause for me. It might just be an after-effect of whatever they did to knock us out, but since I woke up I've been feeling strangely weak. I thought it would clear up after we left the cells but it's still there. I just can't seem to stay focussed either, hence I thought to come as I didn't want to lose focus at a bad time. That and the headaches and chest pain...

*Briar hums in understanding, still reading what they can.*

Briar: No, you're right. There's something strange with these STATs. Your vitals seem lower than normal and your magic is completely flat. When did this start?

Rose: When... Back at the uhh... Prison? Would you call it? In containment.

Briar: Hm. *They don't seem very enthusiastic about this information, brow furrowing in concentration.* It might be a side-effect of the cell's magic. It's rare but I've seen it happen once before. Otane? You know about the cells' magic right?

*Otane's snout appears from around a corner, one ear pricked to attention, the other clumsily laying down. They walk closer, fiddling shamefully with their slender hands.*

Otane: Yes... My runes... Stops... humans and mages... hurting others... with magic.

*Briar is quiet for a long while in thought, going back over Rose's statistics again.*

Briar: But you're not human or monster, are you. That must be it. The magic of the cells is a living type of magic, like a parasite. It specifically targets and feeds on the magic of humans and monsters. Because you're neither of those, it must have gone wrong somewhere down the line. It's... ehh, this you might not want to hear... It's eating your life-force instead. B-But! You don't need to worry. There is a simple and common cure of sorts. Once the parasite is gone, your energy and magic and all of the above should return to normal.

*They stand up, floating towards a cabinet and poking their head inside, repeating this for a few different cabinets similar in search.*

Briar: Found it! It's in here. *They back out again, returning to their mid-air, cross-legged position.* Tall, green vial of pills that's glowing a little bit. Slip two of those in a drink and everything should go back to normal soon. Hey! On the bright side, you're the only one I've seen who isn't human or monster so hopefully the others should all be okay. Nothing to worry about!

*Rose looks worriedly back to the door at this.*

Rose: Crystal...

---

*With this, Paige begins to row. Somewhat unsurprisingly due to her strength, they seem to travel at a swift pace.*

Paige: What are you going to do when we go back? Are you going to tell on me to my moms? It's a bad idea to do that. They've got enough going on, I don't want to add to their worries.

---

Sheep: What is it? Did I scare you? I didn't mean to sneak up.

*Dream, holding his chest with a hand as if it might steady his two SOULs, gives Sheep a very nervous smile.*

Dream: It's okay. We didn't have a question or anything, Night just thought you looked like an interesting face. Someone he hadn't seem properly before.

*Sheep tilts his head slightly in curiosity but seems to understand.*

Sheep: That makes sense. I'm not that interesting though, you don't need to worry about that. *He frowns, inching closer to Dream.* Oh, but you're peculiar...

*Dream sucks in a breath leaning himself back against the counter as far as he can as Sheep continues to creep closer until the taller is only inches away. Sheep's eyes trail from Dream's sockets down to their chest, turning and raising his hand to give the guardian's ribs a quiet tap with the first knuckle of his index finger. His own sockets squinted in focussed, deep interest as Dream feels his hands begin to shake.*

Sheep: Very... Interesting... I would have loved to have dissected you, to see what makes you tick...

*Dream manages to open his tightly shut sockets to stare with great worry into Sheep's own.*

Dream: I... I don't know what dissect means...

Sheep: It's a compliment. *He straightens back up now, though Dream still flattens himself away from Sheep in terror.* You have a very curious composition. Sometimes it's a shame that I am a changed man, even when faced with temptation. I just know that monsters like you will just be left... as one of monsterkind's greatest mysteries.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 17th 2023 17:46

Cross:.....

*Cross makes a quiet sound of agreement. He isn't sure of what else to say. He doesn't plan on revealing to Sage the horrors of the world he and Coco came from, or that they both had a hand in erasing it.*

*Anyone you want to check on?
---

*Fell pales.*

Fell:I'll go find them. Will you be okay here?

---

*Hemlock only hums quietly, looking over the side of the boat to watch the water.*

Hemlock:As I said earlier, little scribe, I won't tell as long this doesn't risk your own health and safety. I plan to make it official, if that will ease your fears.

*She looks back at Paige, raising a brow.*

Hemlock:You do realize that, at some point or another, they will find out about all of this, right? Especially if this... Cameron can truly help?

---
*Captain cuts in before any more can be said.*

Captain:If You Want To Cut Something, You Can Help Chop Up The Peppers. Come On.

*The smaller skeleton wraps his arm around Sheep's, leading him back to the counter.*

*Night doesn'treturn to his seat. Instead, he eyes Sheep warily.*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 6th 2023 20:18

*Book, Coco and Fresh would be good!

---

*Rose offers a comforting smile.*

Rose: I'll be fine. I'm not that fragile, my love. *She looks to the door in worry.* Be back soon though, won't you? With Crystal, I mean.

---

*Paige nods.*

Paige: But it'll be on my terms. Besides, if Cam can't help then they'll never have to know... And if he can then they'll be too glad to kill me for disobeying.

*She slows the boat up against a small dock, standing up to tie it and stepping into said dock. Carefully, she offers a hand to Hemlock.*

Paige: We're here. Welcome to Shutter Island, I suppose.

*On the island is a tall, crooked house that looks like an old windmill but appears to be missing the sails. It's rustic, almost abandoned-looking, but clearly there's some light emitting from the odd window and smoke pouring out of a central chimney .*

---

*Sheep frowns to himself. A moral dilemma is clearly ridden on his face.*

Sheep: Well- No. Yes. No. I'm a changed man... But I suppose it wouldn't indulge the habit to cut something plant-based. I suppose I could do that.

*He smiles in joy, fists clenching and stars momentarily appearing in his sockets.*

Sheep: And the opportunity to partake in domestic activities with my son is a large benefit. How wonderfully ordinary.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 16th 2023 19:36

*Fresh is still with Error, though he doesn't seem sure of what to do now. He's closed all the pop-ups that had appeared around the screen hovering above Error's face. He's not sure what to do now. It's not like one can reboot a living being like a computer.*

*Coco... has floated away from the Oasis and deeper into the VOID. There's got to be something he can do for Sage. Something, anything!*

*Coco looks around, making sure he's far away enough from the doors and Cross. He tries to summon /that/ button. It wouldn't hurt to use it for this, would it? To heal someone?*

*He's not even sure if he can still use it...*

*Book... seems to have pulled herself together, at least. At the moment, she's trying to get the shelf through the portal that appeared after using the marble. It's... only half-way through at the moment. SB is on the other end, attempting to help push it the rest of the way through.*
---

*Fell nods, he pauses for a moment, starting to reach a hand out towards Rose before hesitating and pulling it back. He starts toward the door.*

Fell:I'll be back as soon as I can, sweetheart.

*With that, Fell disappears through the door.*

(*Can we get a visual on Ink and Crystal? :3)

---

*Hemlock takes Paige's hand, her height once again flickering as she steps onto the dock.*

Hemlock:Thank you.

*She studies the home, her brows raising for a moment before a small, soft smile crosses her expression.*

Hemlock:How cozy.

*Hemlock looks over to Paige, nodding yo the younger deity.*

Hemlock:I grow more and more eager to meet this creation of yours. Shall we?

---
*Captain leads Sheep over to the counter, placing another cutting board near the one he's using. He offers Sheep a chopping knife and a pepper.*

*How is Dream doing after.... that?*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 24th 2023 20:52

*Technically it's a possibility... Though that's Fiji's area of expertise.

*Uh oh...

*Ripper appears not too far away, stretching his head over Book's shoulder to look at what she's doing.*

Ripper: What you got there? Need a big, strong and muscular individual to help you? *He waggles his eyebrows in a hinting manner, flexing his claws.*

---

*Ink and Crystal have somehow figured out how the taps work in the mock Grillby's. They are taking turns roleplaying bartender and customer through pouring pints for each other. The concept of actually drinking from the numerous half-froth-filled pint glasses that they're pouring hasn't crossed either of their minds yet.*

---

*Paige gives a firm nod, walking to the door and giving it a knock.*

Paige: CAM! IT'S ME!

*It isn't too long before a certain object-head, opens up the door, shutter lens squinting to see who's knocking.*

Cameron: Aie, you're here earlier than normal but I knew it was you from a mile awa- GREAT SCOTT! IT'S HAPPENING!!

*His shutter opens much wider at the sight of Hemlock before there's a startlingly bright flash and he retreats into his home, slamming the door shut. Paige looks between Hemlock and the door nervously.*

Paige: Uh... Don't mind him. Nobody ever visits him other than me, he gets a little... Stir crazy...

---

*Sheep frowns at the items but after a moment he gets started, beginning to cut the peppers with surgical precision.*

*Dream is very much attempting to avoid everyone's eyes at the minute. The guardian seems to have folded in on himself a little in worry. He's silent up until he manages to quietly speak to Night.*

Dream: I should... Go... While things are quiet. I don't want anyone to take me leaving the wrong way.

*There's a sudden, loud clatter from across the kitchen as Lieu drops an empty pan. He looks distraught.*

Lieu: YOU'RE LEAVING?!

*Dream only seems to shrink in on himself even further.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 24th 2023 21:43

*How is Fiji, by the way?

*Oh, yes, unfortunately.

*Coco tries to summon the button several times, growing more frustrated and desperate with each failure.*

Coco:Come on.... Just- SHOW UP ALREADY YOU STUPID BUTTON! THE ONE TIME IT COULD ACTUALLY BE USEFUL AND IT. WON'T. APPEAR!!!

*Book startles, nearly losing her concentration on her magic holding the shelf. She bites back a grimace when one of her shoulders pop out of socket. She eyes Ripper warily, shuffling what little distance she can away from the stranger without losing her grip on the shelf.*

Book:Er... M..Maybe? Yes?

*She looks at Ripper uncertainly, glancing around to see if anyone else is nearby.*

Book:....Are you a hallucination? Did that place mess me up more than I thought?

*She asks this quietly, her voice wavering for a moment.*
---

*.....This can only end badly.

*Fell, meanwhile, is trying to figure out where to look. He immediately crosses out any of the other's doors. He goes to the kitchen to check first, though when he starts to open the door, he hears Lieu's shout and instead opens the door enough to glance in before closing it.*

Fell:Not getting into that right now...

---

*Hemlock blinks, willing away the stars in her vision before shaking her head.*

Hemlock:It's fine. I'm certain he didn't mean it. Now.... what did he mean by, "It's happening!!"?

---
*Night slowly steps out from the corner after startling at Lieu's shout.*

Night:It... Perhaps I should go first.

*He looks uncertain.*

Night:I... think it would be best if I wasn't here for this conversation. My... presence would only amplify things, I think.

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.