Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Nov 27th 2022 20:19

*Fallow hums in uncertainty.*

Fallow: I wish I knew. I know I'm still an omen but at least now I'm not bent on instinct. I wish not to return to that.

---

*Tom sniffs quietly, hesitantly nodding, the tag on his ear tinkling metallically as his head moves. Although his glasses fall awkwardly off of his nose, he doesn't seem too bothered by it currently. Still, despite him beginning to calm down now, his small chest rises and falls shallowly.*

Tom: You... you won't send me back there, right? I can stay here for good, right?

*Grell decided to go for a walk. They're in the wrong here, they know they are, and they know they shouldn't have gotten angry with Gaster over all of this, but they don't want to admit it. It's easier not to face it at all. They're not particularly going near anyone or straying far from the doors- as they know the dangers outside- but they're not too interested in talking to anyone around.*

---

*Ink gestures about loosely, trying to regain his bearings over where he is after teleporting.*

Ink: Uh- back at those wooden tables. One of them. With Crystal. It's uh- There.

*He points at a table in particular that Rose is slumped at, before grabbing ahold of Fell's shirt. In an instant, he's directly in front of the table with Fell. Never before his regeneration has Ink teleported twice this close together, nor has he done so with another individual. So, needless to say, the experience is rather jarring for him and he topples over out of his dizziness. From the floor, he puts a thumb up, even though he's clearly nauseous.*

Ink: I'm okay-! I'll be there in a sec, you go ahead.

*Crystal looks a little startled at the sudden appearance but looks happy to see Fell. Rose however seems to show little to no reaction at all until she eventually realises Fell is there. She shudders, trying to straighten up.*

Rose: You came here fast...

---

*Dream frowns slightly, giving Night a concerned look and moving his hand over to theirs.*

Dream: Don't say that, okay? Don't say you'll try or do anything, especially to others that aren't me. That's a quick way to get into trouble or to owe someone a debt you can't repay... Just... please be careful while I'm gone, brother. I know Nightmare will protect you but...

---

*Paige gives a nod, standing up and moving across the room to her bedroom door. She looks embarrassed for a moment.*

Paige: Erm. The portal is in my room. It's my wardrobe.

---

*Sheep glances about.*

Sheep: Them first. I can wait...

*He follows Papyrus into the kitchen, inviting Captain to follow too.*

Sheep: Though how would we even go about requesting new rooms? I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure who makes them here and it seems that many of us are out of commission at the moment...

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Dec 7th 2022 16:06

*Fresh seems... puzzled by Fallow's answer.*

Fresh:Whaddya mean by an omen? Like... luck an' all that?

*A low, distorted, pained groan is suddenly heard, making Fresh look over towards Error in alarm. Error... it's hard to tell what's happening, with the blue screen and numerous glitches surrounding him.*
---

*Gaster is silent for a moment, before gently shaking his head.*

Gaster:I won't send you back there, Tom, nor will I make you stay here. It's your choice whether you want to stay or not. I won't force you to do either.

*I see....

*Is... there anyone you want to check with? Or shall we follow Grell for a bit?

---

*Fell looks a bit ill after the sudden teleportation. Despite this, he nods at Ink before quickly making his way over to Rose. He takes a seat next to her, looking as if he wants to reach out, but is hesitant to. As if he's afraid that he might make things worse.*

Fell:Hey, hey... Don't push it. What's happened, Rose? What's wrong?

---

*For a moment, Night is frozen, staring at Dream's hand before slowly moving his gaze up to Dream's expression. He studies Dream's sockets.*

Night:...

*A worried frown appears on Night's face.*

Night:....I want you to be careful as well, Dream.

*He hesitates.*

Night:Has... Did something happen back there? Are... Are you in trouble?

---

*Hemlock raises a brow at this, looking somewhat amused.*

Hemlock:Referencing a certain series, are we? Hahah...

*She hums after a moment, waving a hand.*

Hemlock:It's not the worst place for a portal. It's clever, in its own way. ...Trust me when I say I've seen much, much worse locations for portals.

---
*Captain deflates slightly, shaking his head.*

Captain:Error Is The Only One Able To Make The Rooms. He's The One With A Glitching Voice. Last Time I Saw Him... He Didn't Look Well. I'm Not Certain What Exactly Happened To Him...

*Captain grimaces.*

Captain:....

Edited Jan 8th 2023 15:32

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Dec 8th 2022 20:16

*Fallow grimaces, glancing to Error.*

Fallow: As in an omen of death.

*He awkwardly shuffles back to the door, regret marring his face at the sight of Error, perhaps he got too close to everyone here.*

Fallow: I should go. In case something... I think Twig is... I should get back to my space.

---

*Tom is quiet for a few moments, looking hesitant. He paws his eyes with his legs, rubbing away any tears that had formed and looking embarrassed.*

Tom: If... If I did want to go back, I-I don't but in the case that I did, how... how would you react? Would you be... never mind, it's a dumb question...

*His gaze settles back on the floor again and he paws at the ground ashamedly.*

Tom: We should... we should forget this happened. I'm sorry for causing trouble...

*What's Book doing? Have they got the stash back yet? And what about Dust and their not-so-imaginary ghost brother?

---

*Rose forces a smile, holding her head.*

Rose: I'm not sure. Ever since we were in that cell, something's not felt right. I thought it would pass if I ignored it but I... I think it's getting worse.

*Ink catches up again now, taking Crystal's hand.*

Ink: I'm going to assume this is another time where Crystal and I get to wait around for things to get fixed again...

---

*Dream averts his gaze, unable to keep eye-contact.*

Dream: Nothing I... I can't lie to you... Something did happen but I don't feel comfortable talking to you about it yet. I'm not in trouble though, I don't think so. Is that... okay? I just don't think it's a good idea for me to stick around here.

---

*Paige rolls her eyes.*

Paige: It's one of the only places my parents don't look. Are you coming or not?

---

Sheep: That's not exactly a good lead... Though if they need an extra pair of hands from a doctor around here, I can probably lend a hand.

Edited Jan 4th 2023 20:10

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2023 16:56

*Fresh frowns, but gives a small nod.*

Fresh:If that's what you wanna do, broski. Just... if this is because of that omen stuff... I don't think it's true, bruh. Don't let it control what you do.
---

*For a few minutes, Gaster is silent. Eventually, he gives a quiet sigh.*

Gaster:I... would be sad, admittedly, but I would not stop you. It would be your choice to leave. I would worry for your safety while you were there, and I would hope for your well-being. And you do not need to apologize for this, Tom. I know you may not believe me, but I assure you that you're fine.

*Book? Ah... Lemme find her....

*Ah! So... It looks like the stress from the events earlier is catching up to Book. She's currently in what looks to be an IKEA store of sorts, slumped on the ground against one of the large display shelves, pressing her palms against her sockets and muttering quietly to herself. SB squeaks quietly, pressing gently into Book's side. The blaster hates when her summoner gets like this.*

*Book's cart is nearby, holding a few more objects then when we last saw her. Most noticeably, these objects include a small battery powered radio, some spare health supplies (toothbrushes and etc.), a small whiteboard (markers included), and a few pillows & blankets. Her cart looks filled to the brim and then some, at this point. It also looks like she's found a suitable shelf, if the one wrapped in purple magic is any indication.*

*Dust and his brother? Er... Dust is in one of the other washrooms at the moment, freshening up. His brother, on the other hand, is currently hiding. He doesn't want a repeat of what happened with Teddy and that small... reptilian child he had with him.*

---

*Fell stares at Rose in shock, quickly growing pale. He quickly snaps out of it, fortunately, at Ink's comment.*

Fell:.....First, we get you- (*he looks at Rose as he says this*) to the infirmary. Then I'll take care of getting you two- (*he stares at Ink and Crystal*) taken care of.

---

*Night frowns, opening his mouth to say something, only to fall silent as Scout, Papyrus, and Fry enter.*

Night:....

*Looking back at Dream, Night sighs.*

Night:It's... It's okay. Just... if things get to be too much, if whatever happened starts to catch up to you... starts to hurt you... Come back here and let me help fix it. Don't try to deal with it alone.

*Night's expression turns grim.*

Night:I tried in the past... and we both know how that ended.

---

*Hemlock only gives a small smile and nods, following after Paige.*

---
*Captain only nods, entering the kitchen.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 16th 2023 18:42

*Fallow hesitantly pauses at the door, looking conflicted. After a moment though, he glances back into the room and gives a weary, half-hearted smile.*

Fallow: It... doesn't hurt to be extra cautious though... just in case...

*With this, he ducks under the doorframe and makes his way out, carefully shutting the door behind him.*

---

*Tom looks down, gently pawing the ground and attempting to will his hooves to return to hands.*

Tom: I... I see...

*Awh yikes, poor guys. On both accounts to be fair... What about Cross or Outer?

---

Ink: Oh yay, babysitting. That's a pass for me. Come on Crissy, I have a way cooler idea.

*There's a squeak of excitement from Crystal for a split second but this is cut off when Ink teleports, taking Crystal with them.*

Rose: Oh god, they could have gone anywhere- How does he even have the magic to manage that after all this?!

---

Dream: You have my word.

*He attempts a comforting smile before looking over to the others entering. Scout is the fastest to take note of Dream, quickly rushing over and wrapping his arms around the guardian, though he winces and lets go a moment afterwards.*

Scout: DREAM! HI! I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU WERE!

Dream: Ah- Um, yep! That's me! I'm here! With uh... With my brother...?

Scout: THAT'S GREAT! WE WERE GOING TO MAKE FOOD, YOU AND NIGHT SHOULD HAVE SOME TOO!

Dream: Uh- Actually, Blue, I think I ought to...

*Scout's smile begins to falter and Papyrus sends a warning look. This is more than enough for Dream to swallow back his words and force a smile.*

Dream: I erm, I ought to really stick around and try it. Yeah...

Scout: That's GREAT! I'LL GET STARTED!

*As Scout looks for ingredients, Sheep follows Captain into the kitchen too, letting the door close behind them. Papyrus walks over to a beanbag chair and flops down into it, not paying too much mind to the rest of the chaos and instead tuning out to rest for a while. Dream seems a little exhausted that this means he will have to stick around for a while longer but at least he can eat something half-edible first...*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Feb 11th 2023 16:01

*Fresh stares at the spot where Fallow stood, eventually sighing and shaking his head. He then turns and watches Error for a few minutes, studying the screen hovering over the glitching skeleton's face.*

Fresh:.....

*Fresh creeps over towards Error and starts to close the various pop-ups that have started to appear around the screen. He doesn't really know if this action will do anything, but it's better than doing nothing at this point.*
---

*Outer... has picked up Murderer and is carrying the smaller skeleton back to their room. Outer figures that it would probably be better for Murderer (I really gotta rename this guy-) to sleep off his rather obvious hangover.*

*What is June doing?

*Cross... He's not sure how to help Sage. He wants to try to take her to the infirmary, but doesn't want to stress her out any more than she is. Sage... should never have had to go through so much stress in her short(?) time here.

*Wheeeere's... Bambi? What's she doing?

---

*Fell just stares at the spot where Ink and Crystal stood, biting back a groan.*

Fell:You.... probably don't want to know the answer to that.

*Fell offers Rose his hand, gesturing towards the infirmary.*

Fell:Let's get you to the infirmary to get checked out. I'll go find Ink and Crystal after dropping you off. Sound like a plan?

---

Hemlock:.....

*Hemlock stares at the bits of dark energy slipping between the cracks of Paige's wardrobe.*

Hemlock:....If I may ask, is there anything I should know before we enter?

---
*Night shrinks back at Scout's sudden appearance, flinching at the energetic skeleton's volume. Nightmare, groans quietly in Night's mind, though doesn't say much else. If anything... Nightmare feels almost... curious about Scout, for some reason.
Papyrus, however, unsettles Night. Especially when he give Dream that look. He's seen that look before. That look, at least for Night, promised nothing but trouble in the past.*

*Fry stares at Night and Dream from their spot on Papyrus's shoulder.*

Fry:(....)

*Growing bored, Fry slides down Papyrus's arm, down the beanbag, and on to the floor. Making sure Papyrus and Scout are occupied, Fry starts to make his way up the wall, settling in a corner to watch what happens.*

*Captain makes his way over to Scout.*

Captain:What Are You planning To Make?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Feb 21st 2023 19:29

*June is taking the chance away from Outer to try to get the alien bracelet off her arm behind his back. She still isn't certain about if it's a good or bad thing but doesn't want to wait to find out about it or have Outer fret about it. Though, as sharp instruments go, she hasn't been able to find many she can use to try to pry it off. What wasn't confiscated by Catcher has gone mysteriously missing, leaving her with a butter knife, a razor she managed to tear out of a pencil sharpener and her teeth. So far, none of the above seem to be able to working, mostly as they can't exactly cut though metal.*

---

*The uncertainty hasn't gone unnoticed to Sage. She's beginning to get a grasp on a world without sight. Deep down she's afraid and upset but she doesn't want to show it in front of her friends. Though, part of her also doesn't mind too much about her blindness and makes her feel guilty for not caring. It's not like the world she knew made her happy to see anyway.*

Sage: Cross?... Are you upset? You've been quiet for a while and haven't even argued with Coco once since we got back...

---

*Bambi is hanging around near to the doors but trying to stay out of the way. She hasn't got a will to interact with anyone for now. She can hear them all as is.*

---

*Rose seems hesitant, worry in her expression, but she gives a nod.*

Rose: Alright. We can do that.

---

*Paige gives Hemlock a long look, trying to decide how to react to this. Eventually though, she throws open her wardrobe doors dramatically and shoots Hemlock a warning look.*

Paige: Yeah. You break it, you pay for it.

*With this, she enters, disappearing.*

---

*Scout pauses for a long while in tired consideration, not paying too much mind as he preps ingredients, even if he stares down at the knife he uses with a sense of melancholy.*

Scout: I... Want To Make... Everyone happy...

*He straightens, sharply inhaling.*

Scout: TACOS!

*Dream and Papyrus seem to collectively hold back a groan at the last comment but dread is clearly evident on both of their faces regardless. These are the faces of two individuals who have endured eating tacos seasoned with glitter-glue far too many times.*

Papyrus: Sounds er... sounds great, Sans. Uh, remember to not include non-food things in the food though, even if it says it's non-toxic.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Feb 28th 2023 16:56

*Any damage done to the circlets on June's wrists seem to disappear, as if the two bracelets are repairing themselves. Any low-magic fatigue June may be experiencing from her time in Catcher's prison seems to fade rather quickly as well.
---

*Cross looks over at Sage, biting back a sigh.*

Cross:I.... Sorta. It's... complicated. How are you holding up? Are your sockets still hurting?

*How is... Morrigan? If I may ask?

---

*Eeeeexcept the area where Potato and Fiji are. Any sound from that area is replaced with a sort of white noise. The same goes for Paige. Whatever is going on in there cannot be seen, heard, drawn, or written, etc.

---

*Helping Rose up, Fell starts to lead her to the infirmary. He keeps glancing over at Rose while they walk.

---

*Hemlock stares at the now opened wardrobe in silence, eventually rolling her eyes and stepping in carefully after Paige.*

---
*Captain steps away from Scout, moving out of the knifes range. A worried frown flickering across his expression.*

Captain:.....

*Instead of saying anything, Captain opens a cabinet and grabs any pots, pans, and bowls needed for making tacos.*

*Night watches Scout in silence. Something is.... off about Dream's friend, not that he knows what it is. The emotions radiating from Scout are.... jumbled? Far too mixed to distinguish any positivity from negativity.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Feb 28th 2023 20:34

*June gives up after a while, letting out a huff. This isn't working. If it took magic to get them on, it'll probably take magic to take them off again... Or maybe...*

*She scours through Outer's room, looking for something much bigger and sharper to work with. She /could/ just cut off her hand.*

---

Sage: My... sockets...

*She frowns, lifting a hand to feel the bandages across her face. Right, she's a skeleton monster now too. She can't say she misses the sight of that. Not that she doesn't like skeletons, it's just seeing herself without flesh still feels unsettling.*

Sage: They ache a little... But they don't hurt like they did before. The ones that were in the place they took us to, they made the pain stop. It feels quiet now.

*Morrigan is standing sentinel over Sage. The beast has more of less turned into a guard dog since everything went downhill and it doesn't appear that they'll be standing down anytime soon.*

---

*True, that is true.

---

*Rose is silent for the most part of the walk, focussing on where she's placing her feet. However, as they near the infirmary door, she can't help but look at Fell's face and cackle with laughter.*

Rose: I-I'm sorry- It's just, I haven't seen that face on you for a long time. Not since... I miss the days of hiding from the world in your home, as silly as it sounds to long for something so boring and dangerous.

---

*The world through the wardrobe is much unlike the mystical world of Narnia, instead being dark, dreary and damp. It's a swamp of sorts with a dark, starless sky and islands surrounded with murky water. Paige stands not too far away on the marshy island, the four-armed humanoid now adorned in loose, baggy clothes and bandages. She wears no shoes now but it seems that she doesn't mind, instead stretching her arms in her newly non-constricting clothes.*

Paige: Finally. About time you followed. Now what?

---

*Scout hums as he works, distracted on his task. Thankfully with this and Papyrus leaning back into their chair unbothered, Dream relaxes and shifts closer to Night. The guardian notices their brother's questioning gaze quickly afterwards and shakes his own head in discouragement. He can feel Scout's aura too but it's not something he thinks is a good idea to question.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Mar 1st 2023 12:15

*Fortunately, or rather unfortunately for June, there's nothing really like that in Outer's room.*

*It probably isn't a good idea to cut off any hands in the first place. Except if it's a medical emergency??? They're kinda.... important.*
---

*Cross starts to nod, but quickly stops himself.*

Cross:That's... That's good, at least.

*Coco has disappeared somewhere while Cross talks to Sage.*

---

*How... is Fiji? He's not pushing it while working on Potato, is he?

---

*Fell shakes his head, though he doesn't meet Rose's gaze.*

Fell:It's...It's not silly. To miss that, I mean.

---

*Hemlock doesn't answer immediately, instead, she's studying the surrounding area. A small smile appearson her face as she gazes at the islands in the distance. When she looks over to Paige to respond, she pauses, taking in Paige's outfit change before looking down at herself, mildly surprised that her own clothes have changed.*

Hemlock:....

*Hemlock shakes her head, choosing not to question the changes and looking back at Paige.*

Hemlock:It's your world, little scribe. I know nothing of it or its people. You did mention one by name... Cameron, was it?

---
*Night frowns worriedly, though he doesn't question it. Instead, Night nods, letting his gaze wander over the rest of the Monsters present. His attention seems to linger Sheep and Papyrus the longest.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.