Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jun 14th 2022 20:33

*Grell doesn't find this at all comforting, looking around for threats. If they had a weapon, they'd be brandishing it but instead they only have their hands and can only prepare to dodge as necessary.*

---

*Eeeh, he's still got the pain in his knuckles from punching the glass wall earlier. It's not that he dislikes this place, he just finds the openness of it all anxiety inducing. He needs to get this wristband off and find somewhere hidden to get Robin back, he's far too irrational to be dealing with all this and he knows it.*

*Nix seems to make a noise similar to a surprised purr at this, pushing their head against Teddy's hand and kneading their paws with more ferocity.*

---

*Rose steps back away from the glitter, hoping to avoid it from touching her but briefly spins on her heels. She isn't sure how long the portal will hold but first she actually has to go and get it which involves returning to Tuí. She manages to make her way over there somewhat quickly though has to pause to think. She would open the portal and send Tuí through right away but they have no idea what could be waiting on the other side. It would be safer to get someone stronger to have a glance, even if it's just a quick one and not to combat anything to make sure it's safe on the other side and she needs to stay where she is with the key card. Looking back in Fell's direction, she raises her voice to carry to him.*

Rose: Fell! Fell? Can I have a hand?

---

*Dream pauses. It isn't often that he feels lost on what to do but it feels like one of those times. Should he try again? Is this because of their wristband? Is this because of him? What /can/ he do?*

Dream: Brother...? Night? ...Nightmare?

---

*Bambi watches this though curious she also seems confused.*

Bambi: How did...

---

*Fiji looks between the small group, mouth slightly agape in surprise, however this doesn't last long when he hears Rose call out to Fell. His brows furrow again in frustration, his mouth closes into a thin line and he silently flounces back over to them once again.*

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 20th 2022 15:10

*Gaster frowns, looking around to try and find the source of the noise,
He pauses at the sight of a winged jar, rubbing at his sockets and shaking his head. His sockets widen when the jar doesn't disappear, instead it nearly hits him in the face. Gaster ducks down, pulling Grell close and protectively wrapping his arms the two Reapers. Fortunately for B, it flies past him.

Gaster:...!?

*The jar circles the small group, before pausing in front of Grell, displaying a label that reads, "Reversal Potion -Give to Grell"
---

*Ah. ;w;

*Teddy smiles softly at the sound, continuing to scratch Nix's head. His smile drops momentarily when Horror wanders over. Horror stares at Nix with a raised brow before looking back at Teddy. Teddy just stares back at Horror in response.

Horror:...we're going to be leaving soon. Just line up with the others.

*He turns and gestures ahead to where Dust and Geno have lined up behind Outer, June, and Murderer.

*Teddy gives a low hums and eventually nods. With that, Horror turns and heads toward Fallow and Error. Teddy watches him for a moment before looking back at the line that's forming.

Teddy:.....

*Taking a moment to look around, Teddy spots Hood in the distance. The large skeleton shuffles over the the new monster, and taps his shoulder.

Teddy:......hey...?

---

*Fell looks over at Rose's call and immediately starts to walk over to her, but pauses midway and looks back at Otane and Briar. He gestures for the two to follow.

Fell:You two should join the others. It sounds like we'll be leaving soon.

---

*Night twitches slightly when Dream calls for him, the aura of negativity wavering for a brief moment. Night mumbles something, but it's too quiet to hear what he said.

*There's no response when Dream calls for Nightmare. There's no indication that Nightmare is even present at the moment. He might not be able to form due to the brace...

---
*Mumbling can be heard from somewhere in Potato's cloak.*

Potato:...Slight reality manipulation. Mostly convincing the jar that it could fly...

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 20th 2022 21:41

*Grell makes somewhat of a strangled noise when Gaster pulls them closer and Tom seems alarmed. B looks to be confused and unsure how to react. When Grell spots it though and reads the label, they grab it out of the air as if worrying it'll escape.*

Grell: YES! FINALLY! *They look it over again, suddenly wary.* Wait... this feels like a trap. Oddly convenient that it would just appear after I said that... *They look up to Gaster in questioning, clearly still not trusting them but hoping they'd be more knowledgeable in the magic field.* What... do you think...?

---

*Nix seems a little disappointed when the pets stop but they continue to knead their paws, resting their head into Teddy's shoulder with their eyes closed and softly purring. Hood tenses at the contact, just about managing to tear their eyes from the empty infinity to Teddy.*

Hood: ... Y...eah?

---

*Otane and Briar look to each other before nodding to Fell and following them, Briar talking in a hushed tone, almost as if reassuring Otane as they get closer to the crowds.*

*Rose smiles to Fell when they're close enough.*

Rose: I was going to open the portal to get people going through already but I need a hand. It'll be hard to tell what's on the other side until we actually go through and if I send Tuí through immediately with Fiji and some of the others, I don't know if there's something or someone waiting on the other side like a death trap. You know they're not built like us, Fell, and many don't know any combat or self-defence without magic. I've got the key card to take braces off but someone else needs to check the other side. If we open the portal, do you think you could take a quick peak? Either that or I can do the dangerous scouting bit and you manage unlocking others?

---

*Dream stares at the brace for a few moments before shutting their sockets tightly in thoughtful nervousness. After a few beats, they hold their hand out and slip it into Night's, working their fingers between the brace and Night. In the least, maybe sharing the brace's effect might help. They hope...*

---

*Bambi looks to the cloak curiously but then back to the viewing portal.*

Bambi: And then... what happens when it realises it can't fly?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 21st 2022 20:28

*The jar makes no attempt of escaping Grell's hold, its wings going limp at its sides.

*Gaster releases his hold on Grell and Tom, though he eyes the jar with obvious uncertainty.

Gaster:....

*Gaster studies the golden colored liquid in the jar, frowning to himself.

Gaster:Honestly? I can't be certain.

*Gaster falls silent for a moment.

Gaster:May I see it for a few seconds? Just to check some things?
---

*Teddy studies Nix for a moment, before pointing to the slowly forming line.

Teddy:....we're....leaving....soon....

*He pauses for a moment, before adding.

Teddy:....It'll....be.....okay....

---

*Fell shakes his head at the second option.

Fell:I'll go through. If nothing else, I can just poke my head through and tell you if I see anything.

---

*Night grows tense at the contact, instantly trying to pull away only to freeze midstep. He looks almost confused for some reason, as if expecting something bad to follow the action.

Night:...?

*The instant that Dream moves his hand between the brace and Night, an icy feeling travels up the positive guardian's arm. Despite this, it's easy to tell that this is just a watered down amount of negativity, still heavily filtered by the brace.

---
*Potato peaks out of her cloak, a small, "...." decorating her mask.

Potato:Then...It'll stop. Even so, for its brief period of sentience, it was able to do something that no other jar could. It was alive. It achieved flight without falling and shattering.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 22nd 2022 21:20

*Grell narrows their eyes, obviously conflicted by this. They look between the jar and Gaster in uncertainty, wondering if they might destroy her cure, distrustful over the fact they might change what it does into something bad. Eventually, they huff, holding it out to them. What have they got to lose anyhow...*

Grell: Fine. I guess. Go ahead and do whatever weird, gross skeleton stuff you really feel you have to do.

*Tom lets out a small sigh, looking upset.*

Tom: could you be less...

*A quick glare from Grell causes them to trail back off into silence and they bury their face back into Gaster's clothes for comfort.*

---

*Hood raises an eyebrow, watching Teddy's expression.*

Hood: That's easy for you to say. You actually know where we are and where we're going by the sounds. I'm... not sure how to get back to the apartment and I think Robin is going to freak out on me if I can't find it. That's not something I really want to deal with...

---

*Rose nods, a teasing grin forming across her face.*

Rose: I had a feeling you'd prefer the brave knight option, it's very you. Alright then.

*She holds her hand out to Tuí and the harpy manages a faint smile, giving them the portal orb. With this now in hand, Rose cracks it against the floor and a new portal opens up, the other side looking dark with some doors nearby.*

Rose: Home sweet home! Off you go then soldier, bring me back a head if you find one.

---

*Dream shudders to themselves, feeling somewhat weakened by this though in their already weakened state it can't make too much of an impact. They keep their hand steady though, hoping that in the least it will help divert some of Night's negative energy and give them some ground to stand on.*

---

*Bambi hums, looking down.*

Bambi: I think if I throw it hard enough, I could make a jar fly too... What if you take away its wings while it's flying?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jun 26th 2022 01:00

*Gaster reaches back and reassuringly pats Tom's head. With his other hand, he carefully takes the jar from Grell, making sure to not press the jar's wings.

Gaster:I'll give if back in a moment. I just want to make sure it isn't anything like nitrogen trichloride... or something worse.

*With that Gaster removes pulls a blank piece of paper from his inventory and unscrews the lid. It's times like these he wishes he was in a lab.... or at least had a ph water testing kit. Before pouring a drop onto the paper, he risks a whiff, rather surprised that it smells somewhat...fruity? Pleasant? Mumbling to himself, Gaster pours a drop onto the paper, watching it carefully.

Gaster:.....

*Gaster offers the jar back to Grell.

Gaster:From the looks of it... it should be safe? Not that I'm saying it's a good idea to trust flying jars carrying unknown liquid. Eh...

*Gaster still seems uncertain.
---

*Teddy hums, giving a slow nod.

Teddy:.....This....is.....the....Anti....VOID.... We're...going...back...to the....VOID...

*Teddy turns and looks at Erro, frowning at the state of the glitching skeleton. He glances at Fresh, watching the colorful skeleton help gather everyone in a line.

Teddy:....Fresh....could...help... Error...doesn't...look....in.....any...shape....to.....

---

*Fell hums, glancing at the portal.

Fell:Only a head? Too easy.

*With that, Fell enters the portal, but not before winking at Rose with a cheeky grin of his own.

*.....*

*On the other side of the portal, Fell straightens himself, looking for anything new or that obviously doesn't belong in The Oasis.

---

*It takes a few minutes, but Night's tension seems to faden his shoulders slumping. At the same time, the negativity emitting from the purple-clad skeleton lessens greatly.

---
Potato:Unless it had some form of telekinetic ability to keep itself floating without wings... it would fall. Unless it was in space. No gravity means it would continue to float.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jun 26th 2022 21:10

*Grell seems deeply unsettled with the scientific display. Her jaw remains tense, staring at Gaster until they hand it back. She takes it, perhaps with a little more force than was intended or necessary, and glares down at it. Suddenly, it feels so much more unnerving to hold or use now that she's seen Gaster testing it. Mumbling something while still frowning at the offensive liquid, she drinks it, much to Tom's horror who practically shrieks "NO!" in alarm having heard Gaster's uncertainty over the safety of the potion.*

---

*Hood gives a curt nod, ears pinning back slightly at the shout from Tom, unleashing some sort of primal urge to jump into action within him. He ignores this for once though, keeping his focus on Teddy.*

Hood: Fine... Whatever gets me back sooner... Thanks.

---

*A couple things stick out. The first is Ovo and Eve who immediately come running over at Fell's appearance, the two shrieking and yapping in ecstasy at seeing Fell's return. There doesn't seem to be any other noticeable anomalies besides Ovo and Eve and what appears to be the same spiny lion cub that Crystal had found earlier.*

*However, the sudden loud yapping from the corgowls has attracted the attention from someone else. An unfamiliar Gaster turns their head to stare in horror at Fell, eye-lights pin-pricks and skull occasionally sputtering with flecks of surrounding white static. Although it's clear that deep down there's some level of curiosity towards Fell in their features, it's quickly overrun with paralyzing fear and then abstract terror as suddenly their feet become unstuck again and they bolt.*

---

Dream: N... Night? Are you... Are you in there now?

---

Bambi: Oh... But I thought you could do that sort of stuff? That it would keep floating until it realised it couldn't?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 1st 2022 19:10

[*Tastes like passion fruit!*]

*Gaster pales at Grell's abrupt decision, a strangled noise escaping the scientist. He looks ready to faint.

*For a few moments... nothing happens. At least, until a puff of smoke covers Grell.
---

*Teddy stiffens at the scream, yet offers Hood a small smile. With that, the large skeleton shuffles off toward the steadily growing line, certain that Hood is following. He only stops to grab Book, poking her shoulder.

Teddy:....

*Book blinks a few times, eye-lights brightening as she's pulled from her train of thought, and looks over at Teddy.

Book:Ah... Yeah?

*Teddy only points to the portal and the line. Looking over to where he's pointing, Book nods.

Book:...Thanks, Teddy. I'll... I'll be there in a minute.

Teddy:.....

*If Teddy is concerned, he doesn't show it. Instead, he nods, and continues his trek to the line.

---

*Fell, having bent down to pet Ovo and Eve, stares back at this new Gaster, just as shocked at the stranger. He only snaps out of it when the stranger bolts. Fell immediately stands, having managed to pet the corgowls at least once before doing so, and starts off after the new Gaster.

Fell:HEY! WAIT! D*mn it- STOP!

---

*Night doesn't speak, but he does gently squeeze Dream's hand. While his mind is still somewhere else, it seems he can hear Dream and feel his hand. It might be good to lead him toward the line.

*.....Night is trembling.*

---
*Potato hums for a moment, falling silent as she watches Grell drink the potion, before offering Bambi a small shrug.

Potato:I could, and still can, but I won't. There's a chance that the jar will be left in the Anti-VOID. That place is know to...corrupt those unfortunate enough to be trapped there. Well... only if they're there for an extended period of time, at the very least. Why risk leaving it to such a fate?

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jul 1st 2022 20:30

*Grell isn't too sure what a passion fruit is but, ironically to what someone might think about them given their personality, they're not so fond of it. They're about to comment snarkily on it when the smoke clouds their vision.*

*Tom meanwhile buries their head into Gaster again, unable to bring himself to look.*

Tom: Nonono- Please don't tell me something bad happened- I can't- Please don't be bad- I can't do this-

---

*Hood follows Teddy for the most part but watching Book has him slow down to a stop. He watches her for a while, trying to think. What would Robin do in this situation? Ugh... that's so... he's such an irritating little twink... hold on a minute, would that be calling himself one? He smiles for a moment, proudly lost in thought, well he wouldn't be wrong of course. He does believe he's very attractive! Shoot. Focus.*

Hood: Hey, so do you have a therapist, girl?

*He mentally face palms at this, despite keeping a grin plastered on his face. Great. Smooth one.*

---

*The gaster yelps something unintelligible in frightened wingdings, though doesn't manage to go too far, hiding pressed up behind a door and trying to calm their erratic breathing. They were NOT made for running, years kept closed off in a laboratory with no need or time to exercise. Fuelled purely on coffee and cigarettes -he could actually really do with a smoke right now. He quickly summons a blue bone in his hands as a last resort. He hopes he doesn't need to use it...*

*Splint doesn't help, the little spiny lion cub finding the entire chase exciting and squeaking as they run to try to catch up.*

---

*Dream nods, slowly beginning to walk them to the others.*

Dream: Okay. That's okay. I'm here, I promise. I'm not going to leave again...

*He isn't sure about the last part but right now, it's best to not think about it.*

---

*Bambi looks curious now, looking back to the portal to watch what's going on too. Rose has began quickly working her way through the line, taking off everyone's braces. She's nearly gotten everyone's at this point.*

Bambi: You don't like the Anti-VOID?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jul 2nd 2022 11:44

*Gaster, unable to speak and look away, can only hold Tom on an attempt to comfort him.

*When the smoke clears, Grell stands there, unharmed, if only a bit older and taller than they were moments ago. Grell has been returned to her normal state.

[*....Seems that the potion worked!]
---

*Book jumps slightly at the new voice, a bewildered look on her face as spins around to face Hood.

Book:...Pardon? A.... A therapist? ....No. Not really.

*She studies Hood, sockets narrowing just the tiniest bit.

Book:Why are you asking?

---

*Fell slows down when the new gaster hides behind one of the doors, frowning to himself. Sighing quietly, he calls out to the stranger in wingdings as he slowly approaches the door.

Fell:(Can you come out? I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to talk.)

*Elsewhere in the Oasis, Lint watches the two gasters, thankfully silent.

---

*Night remains silent, but he holds Dream's hand a little tighter. He follows Dream blindly, his free hand hanging limply at his side.

---
Potato:Eh? Mmmm... It's complicated. I worry more for those who can't stand it's effects. Like... Error. The reason for his glitching, I believe, is due to his time trapped there. It can take a toll on one's mental and physical state, I believe, as well as change their magic to some degree. I'm not certain if it does anything to one's emotional state though...

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.