Sign Up, It's Free!         Browse People         Browse Blogs            Browse Forums

Forum > RPG > An una-VOID-able meeting

New Reply

Started by Spade , Dec 1st 2017 15:27

SchemingWeasel - Jan 1st 2022 21:19

*Fiji cracks his knuckles, storing the doorknob in his inventory.*

Fiji: There are others watching? Uh- Thank you. I should probably get back to work now and get some paperwork to do with the surgery sorted if you choose to have it but I can lock it on the way out if it makes you feel comfortable. See you again soon... And don't be afraid to call for me if you need me or come to a decision.

*Fiji spares Potato a long look before turning to the door and making his way out of the room. After all of that, he feels tired too. Understandably due to his recent frustration and lack of any kind of rest, but there's no way he's about to stop.*

---

*Tom seems to take Gaster's hand but an attempt at standing only seems to end up with him stumbling into Gaster. He hugs the skeleton's neck, laying his head against their shoulder as he mumbles.*

Tom: I can... can you hear the music too?

*Although quiet, there doesn't seem to be any music. There is an almost inaudible high-pitched sound but it's very quiet. Still, Tom seems to hum along to it for a moment until he very soon trails off.*

---

*Sheep seems to want to agree with Captain, or say anything to try to bring some sense to it all but is cut off when suddenly the door slams open again and Scout's voice is loudly heard. The smaller skeleton stands on the path up to their home, staring back at it and seeming distraught.*

Scout: I THOUGHT IF THERE WAS ANYONE LEFT- IF I HAD ANY FAMILY LEFT AT ALL- YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND!

*Swap stands in the doorway, scowling. It's evident now that they're holding an attack in their hand and Scout is holding their arm with tears in their eyes.*

Swap: HOW. HOW CAN I?! HOW CAN I POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND WHEN YOUR RECKLESSNESS IS DESTROYING US ALL. I ESCAPED FROM THAT HELL TO GET BACK TO TWO UNGRATEFUL YOUNG ADULTS IN THE BODIES OF PEOPLE THAT I THOUGHT I RAISED. NOW YOU'RE OFF GALAVANTING IN DANGEROUS PLACES AND NOT EXPECTING THINGS LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN!?

*Scout goes silent, pulling up their scarf to hide in it. Swap pauses for a few moments before closing and locking the door though not before speaking one last time.*

Swap: You're Not My Son.

*Scout seems to crumble at this. They look humiliated, torn with grief and terror, unable to process any of it. Sheep suddenly rises up, their hood falling from their face.*

Sheep: that's it. I am going to kill them.

*Fuming with silent fury, they begin to storm towards the house.*

---

*Sage's eyes widen slightly. She runs her hands over the plush, feeling its curves and edges but knows what it is. She hugs it close to her chest.*

Sage: m-my- I didn't even know I'd- thank you Cross... Even if you're scared of them, you still found them and brought them back to me. Y-you guys really are my family... You and Coco and- And even Morrigan too.

*She smiles up at the she-wolf who seems to give a wolfish grin then reaches her free hand out, feeling around at the air until her fingertips brush Cross' torso. Not soon after she makes contact, she moves forward and wraps her arms around him in a grateful embrace.*

Sage: thank you for being my family, even if you don't need to be...

*Behind Sage, the she-wolf begins to softly growl. At first it seems teasing and amused but after a moment it grows threatening as the she-wolf begins to claw at her own ears.*

Sage: Wh-what do you- [What do you mean?]

Morrigan: [Cub. There's magic here and for once it isn't from any of you. It isn't good though. I can hear it. We need to leave this place.]

Sage: We need to go. She can hear magic. Bad magic.

---

*Ink barely stirs, their sockets cracking open for a split second to hazily look at Fell before closing again.*

Ink: mmm can't but... m...mmust...

*With this, all light, though little, within them that did remain seems to go out.*

---

*Why so superstitious? Maybe you should just go for a walk. That might ease things... Stay out of trouble and all. It would be wiser of you to just let things be like a good shadow.*

---

*It seems that CHECKing both monsters doesn't seem to lead anywhere, both bringing up generic filler text. Appearance-wise though, subtly, Robin's fur seems to be very, almost unnoticeably, gradually shifting to a darker, richer hue.*

Edited Jan 1st 2022 21:22

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 2nd 2022 22:24

*A quiet, "Thank you" follows Fiji out the door. The chaotic deity waits until the door is closed to stand up, her form rippling and distorting as she walks over to grab her mask. The masks symbol still shifts when she picks it up, only stopping when she places the mask back over her face.*

[*Paige can now tell and record what's happening in this room.*]

[*Bambi can now tell what's happening in this room.*]

*With a tired sigh, Potato stumbles back to the bed, curling up and allowing the foreign magic that's slowly filling the VOID to overtake her.*

*Elsewhere in the VOID, a jar appears. The glass of the jar shudders, contorting and warping until four spiderlike legs appear. The jar shakes slightly, stretching its newly formed limbs before setting off.*
---

*Gaster frowns, straining to hear the sound. While he hears....something.... he's not sure it's of any importance. Shaking his head, Gaster carefully picks up Tom, stumbling slightly from the weight as he makes his way to the bed and lays the child down.

Gaster:...

*Gaster makes his way over to Grell, summoning extra hands to help move the IV so it doesn't disconnect. Carefully, Gaster picks Grell up, and just as he did with Tom, the skeleton lays the reaper on the bed. With that, Gaster moves back over to his desk, ready to continue filling the notebook with rough sketches of designs and formulas. Just as he picks up the pencil, he spares Max a glance, sockets widening when he sees the blaster glaring at the door, a low growl slowly filling the room.

Gaster:!?

---

*Captain makes no attempt to stop him. Captain's gaze is narrowed on four things at the moment. They are as follows: Swap, the attack the older monster is holding, Scout, and Scout's more than likely injured arm.

Captain:. . . .

*Captain follows after Sheep, hands clenching and unceasing with each step. He's telling himself to get Scout away first. It... doesn't help that he's seeing red.

Captain:Let Me Get Scout Away Before You Start Fighting. He Doesn't Need To Be Caught In The Crossfire.

---

*Cross tenses, wrapping an arm protectively around Sage. Coco moves closer to Sage, scanning the room for any visible threat.

Cross:Let's go then.

*Cross quickly pulls one of the portal marbles out of his Inventory and tosses it a few feet away from the small group.

Cross:Ready, Sage?

---

Fell:Ink? Ink!?

*When Ink doesn't stir, several alarms bells start go off in Fell's mind. Looking around with narrowed eyes, Fell somehow manages to pick Ink up and starts to move to the kitchen. It's not too far from where he is now and, if nothing else, he can barricade the door. He's not certain if this is an anomaly's work or the work of another... but right now, being out in the open is probably the worst thing.

---

*Mono scowls, looking between Book and the door.

Mono:....fine.

*Without another word, Mono hops into the nearest shadow, reappearing outside of Book's door. Instead of walking, she settles beside the door, eyes narrowed and wings ruffled.

---
*Horror frowns at the lack of any useful information. The large skeleton moves toward the door, looking back at Robin and Geno one last time before exiting the apartment. He has to get help.

*He only makes it a few steps away from the door before exhaustion hits him like a freight train. He stumbles, his vision starting to go dark. Horror's view starts to tilt when he stumbles, there's a thud, and he knows no more.

Edited Jan 2nd 2022 22:26

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 3rd 2022 20:34

*Fiji decides to return to his claimed office after a moment. The meerkat sits down in their chair and takes out a book and a pen from beneath it, setting them down on the desk gently. After opening the book to the page he's planning on writing in, he frowns slightly, staring at it with a lack of motivation before leaning back into his chair and huffing. He closes his eyes for a moment but then loses the will to open them again.*

---

*Sheep gives a slight nod to Captain but any further response they may have is silenced when Scout turns around, spotting the two approach. A sense of fear overtakes their already torn expression but they don't turn and run, instead remaining frozen in place. As Sheep gets closer, they grow increasingly more afraid until with Sheep stood in front of them, they look as if they're about to fall over.*

Sheep: Scout. Are you badly hurt?

*Scout stumbles, quickly shaking their head though terribly pale. They flinch slightly as Sheep crouches down and reaches out but when the older skeleton brushes against their arm, they bite back a cry and fall back considerably away from Sheep.*

Scout: It's Okay- Please- I'm Fine- D-Don't Touch It- Don't Hurt Them Please- I Don't- I don't want to go back- I don't want to be in the system again- p-please don't-

*Sheep only has a split second to react as Scout trails off, falling. Their reflexes however are thankfully fast as they catch Scout, holding the smaller skeleton close to their chest though the portal marble Scout was holding falls out of their hand and breaks, creating a portal back to the VOID. They wince slightly, looking between Scout and the house before they stand back up and turn their back. Briefly, he inspects Scout before he lets out a long sigh, anger quickly fading.*

Sheep: This could be our only way back and Scout's arm is broken. He needs medical attention and we're best off taking them back where they're safe. I'll come back here at a later date, right now we need to worry about Scout.

*Looking back to the house one last time, he winces before tugging his head towards the portal at Captain and heading through.*

---

*As the marble breaks, a portal summons above it. Sage nods her head, seeming to be growing nervous but doesn't trust herself to speak. The she-wolf, Morrigan, lifts their head in distrust at the portal but she too doesn't make any noise other than a short growl that Sage either chooses not to translate or misses.*

*It takes a second but Morrigan nudges Sage forwards with their snout and the smaller skeleton stumbles slightly but walks towards the portal.*

Sage: I think it's... it's everything that's happened but I just feel dizzy...

---

*Alesa jolts up suddenly from her seat on one of the bar stools when Fell enters, looking startled as if she was just woken up.*

Alesa: You scared the daylights out of me for a moment- Well they both look much more peaceful? Kids are so weird. No offence... Uh, actually... You're... not wearing the face of someone who's having a particularly good time right now. Something up?

---

*Now that isn't so hard now, is it Mono?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2022 15:34

*In another part of the infirmary, Fresh has nearly finished removing the strings from Error's temporary room. The glitching skeleton lays still on the bed,the only indication that he's still alive being the slow rise and fall of his chest. Fresh meanwhile, ties up another bag full of string, preparing to move it to Error's room. He brushes off the exhaustion that'sslowly weighing down on him, believing that the SOUL he currently holds is starting to give out. He might need to look for a replacement soon...

*In another room in the VOID, Dust stirs for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh. He does not dream. Perhaps this is a good thing...

*At the same time, Murderer's sockets slide shut, the headphones he was wearing slide off his skull. It seems that he's been binge-watching a number of unnamed DVD's on a portable DVD player. He must've smuggled the items into his room after a supply run at one pointor another. There may or may not be a half empty bottle of vodka near him.

*Outer has fallen back asleep, despite waking up not too long ago.

*Night is reading one of the books from Nightmare's...his?... collection. He stretches for a moment before turning the page. The purple-clad skeleton hopes Nightmare will return soon...
---

*Captain frowns for a moment, glaring at the door before turning heel and entering the portal. If his father plans on returning, so will he. He does not plan on letting Sheep be alone when confronting Scout's father...

*Elsewhere in the VOID, Teddy stumbles, nearly falling flat on his face. He's been slowing down...

---

*There's silence for a moment, before Sage is suddenly picked up.

Cross:Take it easy, Sage. We'll get you to the infirmary, alright? Just hold on.

---

*Fell doesn't answer immediately, instead laying Ink and Crystal down on the the couch in the kitchen. He stares at the anomaly he forgot to leave outside before sighing, setting it down far away from the kids. Blinker watches this in silence, hiding by a potted plant.

Fell:Something is wrong. I don't know what, but it's already affected Ink and Crystal. By the looks of it, we're next.

*Fell starts to pick up chairs and stack them in front of the door.

Fell:If this is an attack, the last place we need to be is out in the open...

---
*Mono huffs, feathers and fur bristling, making her look just a bit bigger than she is.

Mono:Would it be so hard to explain what's going on?

*Despite her snarky tone, there's the tiniest hint of worry in her voice.

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 8th 2022 17:19

*Someone seems to give Mike's door a sharp knock.*

---

*On the other side of the portal, Sheep looks about and gives a small frown.*

Sheep: Right. Medical stuff. That'd be in the infirmary.

*He spots B but lets out a relieved sigh when it seems they're asleep. In fact, as he looks around, it seems quite a few people are asleep. His brow furrows in confusion.*

Sheep: That's... strange...?

*He looks around but at not seeing anything out of the ordinary other than it, he shakes his head and continues forwards. The portal shuts behind them.*

Sheep: Right. Infirmary.

---

*Sage nods, not managing any other words but holding onto Cross' shirt with a hand and closing her sockets. Morrigan exits the portal behind them, though the wolf seems to find the fit awkward. Her tail wags behind her in uncertainty as they growl, nudging Cross' arm with a wet nose but Sage doesn't translate for them.*

---

*Alesa is quiet for a small while before she stands up, looking over Crystal and Ink for a brief second before heading over to Fell. She looks bewildered and concerned though less about the situation and more about Fell.*

Alesa: Attack? Fell, they're asleep. If it was an attack, don't you think maybe we'd... be expecting more death and destruction and such in the least? Chill, dude. Maybe they're just tired, when was the last time they slept? The last time you slept?

*She shrugs, yawning behind a hand.*

Alesa: I can't remember doing so since I woke up here to be honest.

*She places a hand on Fell, trying to distract him from just grabbing and stacking things.*

Alesa: Look, all I'm saying is that I don't think we don't need to worry. If this really is an attack, how bad is falling asleep anyway? I'd take this over a police riot any day. Though sounds more to me like Crystal's already a kid so she's bound to be tired all the time, Ink was worked up and scared and probably said something crazy while feeling overwhelmed and passed out.

*She shrugs, heading back over to the counter.*

Alesa: If you want to keep stacking stuff, and let them both sleep that's fine by me but I think I'm going to copy them for a while. Wake me up when you stop freaking out, aight?

---

*Hmmm, about as hard as it is for you to just relax and let it happen.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2022 18:24

*Mike, understandably, jumps at the knock. His radio station is rather secluded, so he doesn't normally have visitors.

*It's a few minutes before he opens the door.... when he does, it opens just a crack. The object head stares at whoever is on the other side with growing suspicion.

Mike:...Hello? May I help you?
---

*Captain follows behind Sheep, though he seems..... unnerved by the number of people that have fallen asleep.

Captain:....Something Isn't Right. Why Are So Many... Asleep In The Open?

---

*Cross looks at Morrigan questioningly. He doesn't see anything out of the ordinary...

*Coco follows after Morrigan, the portal closing after him. He looks... tired.

---

*Fell looks like wants to argue, but instead sighs.

Fell:...sure, kid. Do what you want.

*Fell bites back a yawn, shaking his head as he pulls another chair and adds it to the stack.

---
*Mono stomps her foot, ears folding back as begins to pace in front of Book's door.

Mono:I don't even know what "it" is!? You say to relax, but for all I know this could be a trap! I don't even know you, so why am I even here listening to....you....

*Mono freezes, eyes widening as she slowly backs away.

*....heh...*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 8th 2022 18:50

*On the other side, clad in pastel yellow uniform, is a skeleton. They give a warm smile, looking Mike up and down.*

Catcher: Hello, I'm Catcher, founder of the Justice Reigns. I believe you have someone I'm looking for in your premises. A dangerous convict in fact. I don't want to cause a scene and give your radio channel a bad name for harbouring a criminal, I listen to it on the daily in fact, so mind if I take a look around? I won't bother you for long. That is as long as you cooperate.

---

*Sheep glances back at them but shrugs. He pauses a moment, trying to detect something but eventually shrugs again and continues forwards.*

Sheep: I was thinking the same thing but... I can't sense anything out of the ordinary other than that and they're breathing so there's that. Maybe they're just lazy. It wouldn't surprise me at this point...

---

*Morrigan growls again, returning to Coco and scratching at the ground where the portal was. She stares intently at Coco for a moment before barking loudly at their face. Then she turns and looks at Cross again, shaking their head and scratching at their ears.*

---

*Alesa slumps back down in the seat she claimed at the bar, resting her head atop her crossed arms on the counter.*

Alesa: Y'know... stress will make you age faster, old man...

*With this, she's promptly out of action.*

---

*You're listening because you're desperate and hell, I say sit back and enjoy the ride. I sure am.

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 8th 2022 20:08

*Despite not having the mouth to do so, Mike frowns. Even so, he opens the door and allows Catcher to enter. This Catcher fellow looks similar to Dream, and he has heard of the Justice Reigns.*

Mike:While it's always nice to meet a fan of the channel, especially one associated with such a big name, I'm rather confused by this visit.

*Mike moves ahead of Catcher, leading him to what looks to be a living room. He gestures for Catcher to take a seat.*

Mike:Take a seat and explain this to me. I may know who you're looking for, but I wasn't aware he was a wanted man. Also, if you wouldn't mind... do you have proof of who you are? A badge or license? I don't mean to sound rude, but it would help me believe you a bit more.
---

Captain:Perhaps. Though This Is Rather Ridiculous For Just Being Lazy.... And Reckless.

*Despite this, Captain sticks close to Sheep and Scout.

---

*Coco startles when the she-wolf barks at him, immediately straightening and looking around. Cross frowns, his sockets widening in realization. He quickly turns to portal machine, typing in the name of a safe AU.

---

*Fell stares at Alesa for a moment before shaking his head. He continues to move furniture in front of the door, even as his body protects, screaming from the growing exhaustion. Eventually, Fell stumbles, leaning against the table.

Fell:Sh*t....

*As he finally drifts off, he can only hope that Rose and Tuí are safe, and that Alesa, Ink, and Crystal will be spared from whatever this is.

*Elsewhere, a jar with legs scratches at Tuí's door, asking for entry.
---
*Mono doesn't respond, instead diving into the nearest shadow.

*A bit late for that, isn't it?*

Heart this
1 like

SchemingWeasel - Jan 8th 2022 22:00

*Catcher scans his inventory before chuckling quietly to himself. From out of his pocket, he pulls out a little book-style badge, opening it up and flashing Mike the official Justice Reigns golden sun.*

Catcher: I probably should have shown that on entry shouldn't have I. You get used to just bursting into places where nobody cares after a while.

*He looks around the room but doesn't make a move to sit down.*

Catcher: Back to the suspect, they don't seem very much like a criminal but they have aligned themselves with a highly dangerous group of multiversal terrorists. These monsters travel around universes causing distress to their residents, murdering in some cases and thieving. All in all disrupting the balance. The one you have here, Dream, they're low threat in comparison to many of the others but still a very powerful threat that feigns innocence to manipulate others.

*He straightens, glancing around the apartment to try to spot said guardian.*

Catcher: If it helps ease your nerves, I do not plan on harming them. I only wish to detain them until further notice. If I perceive them not to be a threat then I will let them go again. Though I doubt they can do much as a statue now, can they?

---

*Sheep nods.*

Sheep: I didn't say it was a good thing...

*He enters the infirmary, placing Scout down on a bed and frowning.*

Sheep: I need uh... I need... Broken arm...

*He groans in frustration, looking around while scanning through his head looking for the answers. Eventually he sits on the end of the bed, wincing.*

Sheep: I can't do this... I'm too old for this... Too tired for all this...

*He buries his head in his hands, blinking tightly to try to wake himself up but ends up staring tiredly at the floor.*

Sheep: I can't do it...

---

*The she-wolf only seems to grow further irritated, shaking their head and clawing at their ears until they slump against the banister. Here they flick their ears for a few moments as if trying to rid of insects before letting out a long huff and letting their eyes close.*

---

*Rose seems confused but stands up, opening up the door with a yawn.*

Rose: Wh... What in the...

*Bambi looks over, having been busy reading a newspaper she found. She looks at the jar with confusion before realisation crosses her expression.*

Bambi: Its got Fell on it! And me! It's a reversing potion!

Rose: So I can have my husband back? At long last?

Bambi: Yes! Absolutely! I hope. I'd like to have my hair back.

*She picks up the jar, looking it over in her hands.*

Bambi: Not so fond of the legs though...

Rose: Sounds good. *She sits back down on a chair.* I think I'm going to close my eyes for a while in the meantime. Let me know how it goes.

Bambi: That's odd, Fell also has decided to rest for a while. Him and...

*She looks around for a while, seeming nervous, before turning to Tuí, who is still seated at the sofa reading as well and seems to be wide awake, unlike Rose who is now asleep.*

Bambi: Tuí?

*Tuí doesn't respond though Bambi walks over, waving to them. They look up, signing a confused question which Bambi struggles to understand. She points to her hearing aid on the table after a moment of Bambi's confused silence.*

Bambi: Oh, I see. Wait- No. *She shakes her head and Tuí seems further confused. She walks over to the table, picking up the hearing aid, just as Tuí goes stiff. Bambi can sense it to, not only that but see it. At the door to the dimension are soldiers. Bambi quickly pulls Tuí to their feet, they seem hesitant to leave Rose but follow Bambi as they tug her out of the back door, closing it behind her.*

Bambi: Hide. Hide now. Don't wear this until it's completely safe.

*Although Tuí struggles to lip read them easily, she seems to understand, nodding and turning invisible before taking off, the harpy hides in the trees. With this, Bambi heads back to the path, drinking from the potion as the soldiers come closer.*

Bambi: Gentlemen.

JRG: You're not meant to still be awake.

Bambi: I don't think it'll work on me. I don't think I'm even on your to do list anyways.

*The soldiers look between each other before glancing down at a clipboard they pull out of their inventory. Bambi swallows as they scan through but eventually they shrug.*

JRG: You're right. You're not. Congratulations, we're leaving you here.

*Bambi goes to say something but is cut off when a dart hits her. She seems confused for a moment before falling. Tuí covers her mouth fearfully to avoid making any noise as one of the guards enter through the door. There's a long pause until eventually, they emerge again, holding Rose.*

*Tuí watches them speak amongst each other, they momentarily scan the surrounding area with shared glares before speaking again and leaving. Part of her wants to put her hearing aid back in but then she remembers Bambi's face when she wanted to earlier and decides against it. As soon as she can see the soldiers have disappeared out of the gateway, she glides back down to Bambi, looking them over. They're still breathing, good. Asleep by the looks of it. She winces, biting her tongue before heading after the soldiers and Rose. If she moves Bambi, they might come back and know it was her. Keeping up her invisibility, she makes it back down to the gateway and watches from a distance.*

---

*I mean I'm not here to go against her but I'm not about to just help either to be fair. What happens happens, y'know?

Heart this
1 like

Spade - Jan 25th 2022 15:31

*There's nothing really out of the ordinary in the living room. A standard furniture set with one or two potted plants and a few trinkets here and there. A few photos hang on the wall of Mike and what can be assumed as his family or friends, along with some framed CD's, and even a few vintage records.

*Mike hums quietly in agreement, studying Catcher's badge before nodding.

Mike:Uh-huh...Funny that you chose to wait until now to get him, but who am I to question it? Come on. I'll take you to him. I'd ask how you knew he's a statue, but that's probably pushing it. Right?

*Mike starts down the hall, pausing and gesturing for Catcher to follow.

Mike:I couldn't exactly keep him out in the open. It would be hard to explain to any guests why I have such a strange.... centerpiece.
---

*Captain doesn't answer. Instead, a thud is heard from elsewhere in the room. Looking up would reveal Captain unconscious on the floor.

---

*Cross isn't doing much better at the moment, having trouble reading the screen as his vision starts to grow blurry and his hands starts to shake, accidentally hitting the cancel button. In a moment of frustration, Cross hits the machine, sinking down to his knees. He blacks out.

*Coco's form flickers as he struggles to stay awake, eventually fading as he falls asleep.

---

*The moment Bambi drinks from the potion, there's a brief puff of smoke, and where a skeleton stood now stands a deity.

*Elsewhere, Fell's form is rightfully returned in the same fashion. Not that he's aware of this occurrence of course.

---
*Yep~! Who are we to intervene, after all?

*Shall I fetch the popcorn? :3

*Just about everyone is asleep or too tired to properly fight back. With the exception of the Shadows.*

Heart this
1 like

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.